How does one get banned?

MeeraReed

I'm not sure where I should post this question...

What does one do to get banned from this forum?

I'm just curious because reading through some posts, I was very interested in the comments/questions by a member who, to my surprise, is listed as "banned."

Her comments seemed very polite and thoughtful, and looking at all of her postings, I couldn't find anything that would have resulted in her being banned. Unless those would have been deleted or something?

Her issues sounded similar to my own, so it made me sad /disappointed / confused that she has been banned.

Keep within the User Guidelines and you shouldn't have any problems.

The infraction process gives people lots of warning if they're stepping over the line, such that being banned requires a concerted effort to do so. Except for spammers, they get no chances.

I'm not going to discuss specific cases here, but it would have had nothing to do with their issues, or point of view. If the posts which caused them to be banned fell in the realm of trolling, flaming, or non sequitur, then they would have been removed.

If you have any questions or concerns about it, feel free to send a PM to a moderator, and we'll try to address them as best we can.

Back