"Twin souls" and polyamory

SpiritSkye

First of all I am going to apologise by coming to this forum and as the first thing posting a link to my blog - but I need your opinions! I am a spiritual theorist and a blogger, and recently "came out" about being in a polygamous twin soul relationship, which is a contradiction of terms to say the least.

I posted a post about this type of soul bond, and I don't know how people are going to react to it. I know already that 'balance of the universe' is seen as male-female thing, that definitely cannot exist in male-male-male-female connection...

I would appreciate it if you'd chime in on the post before the traditionalists tear me down. ;)

http://www.twinsoulrevelations.org/...lyamorous-polygamous-twin-soul-relationships/

Cheers,

Skye

First of all I am going to apologise by coming to this forum and as the first thing posting a link to my blog - but I need your opinions! I am a spiritual theorist and a blogger, and recently "came out" about being in a polygamous twin soul relationship, which is a contradiction of terms to say the least. I posted a post about this type of soul bond, and I don't know how people are going to react to it. I know already that 'balance of the universe' is seen as male-female thing, that definitely cannot exist in male-male-male-female connection... I would appreciate it if you'd chime in on the post before the traditionalists tear me down. http://www.twinsoulrevelations.org/t...relationships/ Cheers, Skye
You gleefully told. On no other word

I'm sorry...I tried to read it twice but apparently, even though we both speak English, we don't share enough common background for me to understand what you are trying to say. I'm agnostic - the concept of "soul" in the first place is difficult for me to fathom, so to assign this difficult concept a lot of attributes and then speculate on their meaning is ... problematic. Toss reincarnation and telepathy into the mix and I am at a total loss.

I'll agree that the Universe maintains balance - but not because it "wants" to but because it can't help but follow it's own underlying structure, it has no volition in the matter. I would say "We all want to be what we ARE." (as opposed to what we were "created" to be) - know thyself. And if you find yourself being a person that you don't want to be - then you are not fully yourself yet because the "person you want to be" is part of who you are.

Sorry I can't help.

JaneQ

I know already that 'balance of the universe' is seen as male-female thing, that definitely cannot exist in male-male-male-female connection...

I would appreciate it if you'd chime in on the post before the traditionalists tear me down. ;)

Didn't go to the link, didn't read the post. I did read that though, and had to giggle. What on earth makes you think souls are simply male-female? Or that a shard of a soul can not find other splinters of itself? Or even that there are even just TWO souls meant to meet?

I would suggest more anthropology, sociology, and Theology studies before trying to expound on the mating of souls in this, or any, lifetime.

May your Gods guide you well.

...I am a spiritual theorist and a blogger, and recently "came out" about being in a polygamous twin soul relationship, which is a contradiction of terms to say the least.

I "get it", though the Uni-verse is ever the unfolding Mystery. ;)

"The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along."

From Essential Rumi
by Coleman Barks

And as a previous posted just mentioned, "Know Thyself." =]

...thank you for sharing your blog. :)

~peace~

I did read over the blog quickly and not in much detail. I can't say that I fully understand your ideas. However, in the context of your ideas, I don't see why souls cannot connect to more than one soul at a time. There is a saying that pops up here frequently - love is infinite, but time is not. Souls are not limited except by their chosen embodied limits. And if that body, spirit, soul and mind want to connect with more than one, I don't see why souls should be limited to just one person for that depth of connection. I define souls, nebulously, as that part of us which survives the body, that moves on to something else. I could not tell you how or why this occurs - just that I believe it does. Telling an entity like a soul it is limited to deep connection to one other soul at a time seems rather rude and a telling lack of imagination.

There is a saying that pops up here frequently - love is infinite, but time is not. Souls are not limited except by their chosen embodied limits. And if that body, spirit, soul and mind want to connect with more than one, I don't see why souls should be limited to just one person for that depth of connection. I define souls, nebulously, as that part of us which survives the body, that moves on to something else. Telling an entity like a soul it is limited to deep connection to one other soul at a time seems rather rude and a telling lack of imagination.

I whole-heartedly agree. =]

And to truly do us all justice, I believe we're all trying to find words for something indescribable. ~Love Without Limits~

To look at Life linearly, is to do Life (Us as a Whole) an injustice as well.

I'm reminded of the yin/yang symbol. Dot of black in the white. Dot of white in the black. It means a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

As a shaman, I think it's an entirely viable idea that there is a soul, and that it is possible to have "twin souls." They don't necessarily even have to be human souls. They don't necessarily even have to add up to the figure of only two. Sometimes, it is like a faceted jewel.

I wouldn't worry too much about what Traditionalists say. They are entitled to free speech and their own opinions, as are you. That doesn't mean you have to listen to them at all. The written word is also kind of inherently self-limiting when it comes to conveying certain concepts and the emotions behind them, to boot, in my opinion.

Know thyself was mentioned, and I would agree that it's a good way of communicating what is necessary for any individual. Sometimes brutal honesty is required. Some people lack the guts to do that, as well.

I tip my hat for you to coming out about yourself online. That takes courage, and a sense of acceptance of what you've discoverd about yourself. Good luck to you in the future with it. Keep walking down whatever path you feel is necessary for you - there's always bumps, ruts, maybe even boulders and wicked unexpected crooks in the path... that's life, though. Keep your chin up, and remember to take time to appreciate the occasional wild flower on the path too.

Hello!
I'm a believer of the soul mate/twin flame concept because I have met one, yet I am convinced it is not limited to one mate.

Imho, Souls are not inherently 'twined' with another soul (of opposite or same genders) but through a long series or incarnations, they develop karmic bonds with certain kindred souls, and if they meet one or two or three in the same lifetime/incarnation, they naturally attract each other and complete unfinished businesses/tasks collaboratively. The nature of their tasks can be varied ranging from romance, family, an advocacy, or even professional collaboration. However, being familiar with each other for several incarnations (through subconscious memories or soul rays or ashramic/lodge affiliations, or monadic lifewave batchmates), it is easy for them to form romantic relationships and be poly, without much drama.

Before I met my partner, we had several near-miss meetups or contacts ever since childhood through common friends. And up to now, we never run out of common deja vu experiences (inner and outer). The poly outlook is never an issue from the very start with us. That convinced me of the plausibility of the soul mate/twin soul/flames concept.

and just what exactly could their opinion do?

If traditionalists were able to convince the entire world that something is false that is actually true, and even if they rallied the entire world to work as a team to extinguish a fire that you know with all your being burns true, that fire will burn and that light will shine. There is nothing they can say or do about it.

I think you are well aware you could not deny it even if you wanted to. Some call it Love, some say it's God, Allah, a Higher Power, the Fire, the Truth call it whatever, it's the ring or the tone, the voice that speaks from reading your words. For the topic you are discussing, you know full well what the balance of a universe can consist of in a complete state.

But I can appreciate your sense of humor as if anything anybody could say or do could cloud what you already know. It almost sounds as if you've already seen what universe will be yours and will be complete, and completely balanced from what appears right now male,male,male,female. What did you see Skye? what color did it look like :D

Soul Mates & Twin Flames

Tried to read through the blog post, but couldn't get past the declarations about how many people any one soul can hook up with. Maybe I misunderstood it (I re-read it but still didn't quite get your meaning).

In my case, I believe I have a soul mate hubby, Danny, and a twin flame BF, Michael. My soul mate and I are very different, and I've grown a great deal during our time together. Michael is almost exactly like me in every way, and we work very well together. He challenges me by displaying my own shortcomings in my face. :D

I don't know how this works with others, but Michael is very loyal and non-poly. (Is this a common trait of twin flames?) He would never look outside our relationship for more. Danny can, and has, although he's committed to me. As for me, I'm happy with both and not looking, but I'm not of the opinion that I'll drop dead and/or stop having sex if either of them leave.

Anyway, interesting topic!

I never heard of soul twins before but it completely describes me & my lover. I feel like we're the opposite sex versions of each other. Besides all our similar interests & personality traits, we even have similar physical complaints. He is not a spiritual person so I'm not even going to mention this to him. I'm interested to see how it all unfolds though.

I do not ascribe to any dogma but consider myself a very spiritual person. I deplore most organized religion particularly if it believes in sin or is not based on the concepts & practice of love & compassion. I am also a very scientific person believing that almost anything is possible (not something like Creationism though) & am open to infinite possibilities. When one gets into the study of quantum physics & mechanics, the possibilities of such things as the origins of our universe, the existence of sub-atomic particles (e.g. God Particle/Higgs-Boson), and the space/time continuum are mind-blowing. I believe that we probably experience many lives and reunite with other past lives & this is probably the origin of the twin souls. One could balk at the concept of past lives but it can probably be explained in terms of science one day. I cannot say that anything is for certain, nor can I refute certain possibilities that I may not understand. I don't think that being Agnostic means you must deny the existence of such a concept as twin souls. To me being agnostic means that you openly admit to not having the answers and choosing to not accept false answers when confused about a particular aspect of spirituality or the unexplainable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

-twin souls
-souls being male or female
-reincarnation
-being born a man or a woman ever incarnation
-that our soul is only aware in a physical form
-that our soul experiences time in the same way & parallel history to what we experience in the physical

these (and more) all make some very significant assumptions that no one has questioned and everyone assumes that because no one has conscious awareness of what it's like to experience existence outside of the physical that the physical must be the primary existence, and that everything is either male or female.

male or female has a basic assumption and an even more basic reality.
male and female are characteristics for breeding and reproduction that are only relevant if you have a physical body.

we assume time as relevant to us is how it must be relevant to the soul. Why? because that's how we perceive our existance as a physical being ?

sure the soul has a time-line, the soul has a perspective of history. there was a point the soul started it's awareness (different from existance) and from that beginning of awareness the soul has learned ... what the soul considers important isn't nessissarily what we consider important.

we consider a roof over our head, food in our belly, a warm night, the touch of someone close to us, ... those are important to us. if you have no body, ... what do any of those matter if you have no body to get cold, no body that gets hungry, no body to touch. what would any of that matter ?

in all my spiritual progress and learning, all my spiriual progress about the soul, ... i've found something, ... look at your emotions, your feelings, ... what comes easy to you, what you can do without thinking about it, what brings you happyness, what makes you feel most comfortable, loving, understood, helpful, ... the things that put a smile on your face and warm your heart because you know you did what is right not because someone was going to give you anything back.

you can't learn any of that from a book, or from talking to anyone about it, you figure it out on your own, because your finding what works and what doesn't work

if you took down all the speed limits on the road, how would you know how fast to go around a corner ?, you'd go by feel wouldn't you, what you felt was comfortable, what you felt. and everyone could tell you "faster" or "slower" or this is the right speed or that is the right speed. but in the end, what is comfortable for one person is slow for another and too fast for a 3rd, there is no right or wrong speed, it's what you find in yourself that says "yup, this works for me", you can't judge by what others say, you can't read it in a book, or learn it in a lecture, you have to step out, and do it, be there, feel it for yourself, and decide "is it too fast?" "is it too slow, could i go faster?"

what is the right way to love ?, write a book would it convey how to do it right ?, would it cover everything so someone else could read it and understand "yes, that's exactly it" and do it themselves exactly right the first time ???

there's your soul vs. the physical every day of your life.

we read books, we look at road signs, we see what others do, we pay our bills, fill our gas tanks, put in enough hours at work to keep our jobs, ...

i recently read an article about rejection.
about how you can think about something in your past the most painfull accident you've ever been in, could be one you almost died because of. and do you remember how much it actually hurt ?, can you remember the physical pain or just how you acted, what you did ? now think about when you put your heart on the line, and what happened when you felt betrayed or rejected, when something important to you was taken away, ... can you feel all the same feelings over again ? or is it like a physical injury and you can remember what you did but feel nothing.

this shows that the feelings are more important to us, to our memories to what matters than if we broke a leg or lost an arm during our lives.

much like "human nature", ... typical "human nature" expectatios are war, jealousy, greed and the such, ... i'll say what is really human nature amounts to how did it make us feel ?

if our actions and behaviors are in line with our nature then what we did is in agreement with our nature, and this would be easy, it would not be stressful

if our actions and behaviors are contradictory to our nature these would create stress in our lives.

---

what we are living now seems to be quite different from how things really work, but we have done a great job of creating some really intricate stories to say how we want things to be, and some even more detailed and complicated stories to fill in the gaps because things just didn't make sense with that first story, till you've got a bunch of "because, ... oh, and that's different because, ... and that's different because, ... " you know if the first story was wrong, maybe, just maybe Occam's razor has something to prove here, we've created a lot of elaborate stories that farther complicate instead of show us a simple answer to what's going on.

we've made every myth about spirituality to mirror our perceptions and myths about the physical reality, even when the stories about the two point out "wait, what you said there doesn't make sense", then you relate how it reflects our physical as if to explain the non-physical.

a soul-mate
twin-soul
a pair, the male-female ying/yang
there are 2.

a myth spawned over 1700 years ago by a roman emperor who worshiped roman gods. that said "1:1 is the only acceptable relationship, an end to polygamy was started that has since spread across the world

now we have all these side-myths about a soul has it's match, it's one other soul that fits it.

stories about how a soul needs to be male or female because we are.

we have stories about how god must be masculine, (and don't think that male & female are used for reproduction, and one without the other does not work) and when we run out of stories to explain the inconsistencies we say "you just don't get it"

we say love is unconditional "on one condition" how our parents would say you be good or i'm going to punish you, ... but i love you, totaly, ... on the condition that your good.

and we attribute that to god and the spiritual as well.

7billion people alive on earth, and we say "there is only one way to love" and no one has said "wait, that doesn't make sense"

yet studies (i don't have a list of any at the moment) point out that the more you love, the more love you have, the more love you give, ... the happier and more loving you are, ... which goes against every monogamist view there is. yet we see that a person who loves 3 people spends more of their time loving and in turn does not run out of love but has even more love to give.

and we say "soul-mate" "twin-soul" as if to say there is only one other.

even here, around people that know they can love 2 people (or more) with all their heart and provide all that love for everyone without taking away from their love of anyone.

in every physical thing we have, we don't have any way of perceiving what it's like to love one and we can't quantify it, ... and if we love 2 we have all the same love for the one, and we have as much for the second, and if we love 3 we still love the first with all our heart, we love the second with all our heart, and we love the 3rd with all our heart.

and we reach the improbable 300% love, and we do it, it's not physical

but we can't stop thinking about the non-physical in physical terms, ... and for some reason we don't take a step back and think, ... huh, non physical things can't be measured or thought about in physical terms, ... i've spent my whole life thinking about the non-physical in physical terms and you know it doesn't make sense. ... no one questions that, everyone still tries to fit everything in physical terms and everyone says "yes, of course that's the way it is, ... and if you don't get it, then you just don't understand" even when every experience you have says "perhaps you've got it wrong"

Wow!!! You wrote that whole post without one single upper case letter. What you wrote was interesting, but I was so distracted by the fact that you didn't capitalize anything - that amazes me, for some reason. I just. could. never...

BTW, I'm not sure I really believe in souls.

Cancnat persecution

ya, i'm bad for forgetting i have a shift key if i don't need it.
as i read that i'll side with "or i just don't try"... :/

the soul is ... for our lives, doesn't mean anything, we're still here to do the best we can with what we're given. and at that point it makes no difference, ... it's whatever you need to give yourself and your life all the importance you can have :)

some insist if there is no god it's all pointless, and so believe in god
some insist on giving themselves something they value in their own lives to say it's worth it, ... could be career, could be children & family, could be teaching or science or whatever else, ... don't need any of that spiritual stuff to do that like a pro with passion in your heart.

so in the end it makes no difference, just whatever works for you :)

She wasn't saying there is only one person

She was specifically explaining the instant connection, which from her experience these twin souls she wrote of, there are more one.

But yes the soul isn't male or female, that is just the body they inhabit (if the organism is one that has male and female sexes)

But Gnostic's do believe the physical soul and the spiritual spirit, but some do believe the soul exists as a tangible thing. Ganglions and neural network that connects nearly each and every cell that keeps the connection open to communicate.

But your right, some people need the comfort of knowing God exists and some require the comfort that God does not exist, and when either side attempts to enforce beliefs that are in regard to something that can be considered sacred, it's clear the do not understand the meaning of beliefs that a person holds sacred.

It is the same notion with love and while existence is known from the experience of a physical body, sex is also of what is sacred should a person desire it to be. As Humans those are freedoms for the individual to choose what they do and do not accept as their beliefs, but respect is to understand what the meaning of sacredness

you know, if you weren't such a cock smoker

about everything, all the assumptions that you are wrong about, everything you misunderstand , and every parts you are adamant we can't experience or can't know with any certainty, you probably wouldn't even have to ask, and some child talking about something totally unrelated would mention something key that you are missing, but you wouldn't even know it because they things you intentionally lie about, just to try to get someone to show, are obvious, and I honestly do not know of males who are not too stupid to ever figure it out.

and you never will fully understand so long as you do not hold the truth sacred, you don't understand time, so how can you understand what it feels like to the soul, which you say is nothing to the physical existence.

the soul is physical of the spiritual, but you are correct, that you and everyone else is free to believe what they see and think is real, and some call that being that it doesn't really matter.

Everything is buried here, and somethings will remain here until when when it damn near freezes absolutely , and the day that it does cease to exist, and stops, so will what remained here.

if you are but a blip you are free to be as nothing as you choose to be or as you believe to be.

You believe you are being honest with admitting your insignificance, it is not honesty, it is the same bitterness that you attempt to maintain undeserved control over others.

violating those who are aware, and even those who are unaware is bitterness, and you honestly do not understand that it is those who literally are no aware of what you do without permission, because when they are further along than you and know far more as well as understand they will be the ones more pissed off that took the liberty to enter sacred space without permission , and those who actually did it will not be held accountable, for they are not responsible for what they did not understand, and you believe it is up to us to decide what is right and wrong.

and you expect me to believe that you fail to understand what mistakes and justifications even if only in hind sight due to your previous ignorance, you are telling me that you didn't kjnow?

some jokes are funny, and some are not. You fail to understand how our lives a much more responsible for others fate, and you see that as not mattering as it is relative and all evens out, I will tell you because I feel sorry for you, because when it becomes apparent we are far more respsonsible for how others experience life and there decisions, when you minimize your impact, once you do understand, can be responsible for the filfthiest circumstances your body can walk through, and both soul and spirit nothing, not one blemish nothing lost no trace connection as in free not bound, and if you listened to those before you you would would uinderstand. that even those who minimize every possible negative influence, shit just happens sometimes and for that reason alone you say fuck it, that it isn't even worth it to understand, I have witnessed those who I thought would never make it through, not even if broke the rules and chose for them.

and it was it honesty

the only way that you will not be ward of any court or any law of anything

but you are foolish if you believe you can decide to do that, or cut loose and be wreckless, or not have a heart so pure you do not know the difference between honest thoughts and temporary emotions . and there is no middle of the row, and I can say fuck off, as I am being honest in my words with you. And you are not

AV

Back