Attachment style quiz

Can't see yours in the link, just takes you to the start of the quiz. But here's what mine said.

"According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.56, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.55, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders."
I would have expected my anxiety to be more one side or the other, rather than right in the middle. I also don't agree with having enduring and satisfying relationships. "Tend not to suffer from depression", even though not an exact you will or you won't, I guess I am not in the majority of that sentence. I was also not happy how the quiz asked the same questions over and over, with just slight rewording. In all, a pretty terrible and quite inaccurate one.

I'd be curious to compare poly scores with mono scores (okay, the free range monos-- not the monos who hang around here.).

And a third group for my hypothetical study would be the recently poly or the reluctantly poly... although they are going through a specific phase... and therefore are less secure... due to the changes/challenges.

My scores:
According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.25, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.62, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant.

I fall into the secure range, but I can honestly say that if I'd taken this quiz 2 years ago when I was being slapped across the face with how my NRE with Wendigo was effecting my relationship with Wolf, I would have gotten completely different results.

I got preoccupied/high anxiety. I've only really had one relationship though, so who knows.

I also fell into the secure range, and I'm not surprised. Definitely interesting questions though, some of my answers have changed slightly since I've identified as Poly, but still secure for the most part.

My result is . . .

oh, wait, I should text him. . .

how did he mean that . . .

grr, when's he going to call . . .

aww, the look on his face . . .

gawd, I didn't really say that to him, did I? . . .

ooh, that was a fun position . . .

hmmm . . .

his hair smelled so good . . .

did I remember to . . .

oh shit, I hope he doesn't think I'm too . . .​

oh, yeah, my result is PREOCCUPIED!

Last edited:
my response

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.09, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant.

hehe... given all my various musings lately I would have expected a much different result :D

glad to see my personal distress isn't having a huge effect on how I view my relationships :D

I'm secure! Kinda!

I suspect lots of people on this board will test out as "secure" - I'm among them.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.30, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.10, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance)

However, the survey was not designed to plot out attachment styles of multiple relationships. I based my answers on my relationship with Beloved, my primary. I suspect my results might have been different if I based my answers on my relationship with SW or the new guy, Oil Man. That said, I doubt my results would have been all that different.

And I know I could take the test again, but that feels like cheating! Still has anyone taken the test for each relationship? What were the results?

Completely unrelated P.S. I finally figured out how to
Now I can be just like the other cool kids on the board!

oh, yeah, my result is PREOCCUPIED!
Hah! I got that, too.

Me:

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.57, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.31, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).​

And:

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.​

*facepalm* See... I'm not sure I have "highly conflictual" relationships. But I don't know. Perhaps an ex or two would disagree. :rolleyes:

I know I have things to work on but at least I know I have things to work on. :)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.86, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.69, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Secure.

;)

Not surprised.

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.55, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.78, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Not really surprised. :)

I need to get my lady to take this quiz but I rated in the Secure side of the graph.

As you can see in this graph, the two dimensions of anxiety and avoidance can be combined to create interesting combinations of attachment styles. For example people who are low in both attachment-related anxiety and avoidance are generally considered secure because they don't typically worry about whether their partner's are going to reject them and they are comfortable being emotionally close to others.

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

"According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.44, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.36, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance)."

I fell into the dismissing quadrant. Not very attractive I suppose.

Well, at least I was very close to the border, almost in the secure quadrant. More to work on it seems.

Attachments

• dismissive.jpg
    dismissive.jpg
    679 bytes · Views: 31
Interesting ... I have low anxiety around relationships, but I have an anxiety disorder??

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.64, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.44, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Interesting ... I have low anxiety around relationships, but I have an anxiety disorder??

Same here. But I have to say I agree. I am absolutely secure in being loved, and I'm not afraid of being left or anything like that. My anxieties are not related to my relationships at all.
And when they are, it's more about "oh my God he went to get groceries ten minutes ago and still isn't back, I hope he didn't get into some accident!" or things like that, as ridiculous as they seem in retrospect (or even at the time) >.>

Same here. But I have to say I agree. I am absolutely secure in being loved, and I'm not afraid of being left or anything like that. My anxieties are not related to my relationships at all.
And when they are, it's more about "oh my God he went to get groceries ten minutes ago and still isn't back, I hope he didn't get into some accident!" or things like that, as ridiculous as they seem in retrospect (or even at the time) >.>

Mine would be more, "Oh God, I have to go out and get groceries and deal with PEOPLE!" :p

Back