New here and to the poly world...

thepolymom

I am a mom as my name says. I have been poly in the past without the knowledge about what I was doing. I am happily married. Been so for a number of years. Then I met my Boyfriend and brought him home. Hubby is happy with the events lets him be who he is. Been working through things both men are very supportive and my life is very blessed. I am full of questions and have some wisdom. Thank you for the welcomes. :eek:

Me too

My husb and I are new to polyamory as well, we have found that the complete honesty and openness has made our marriage so much more loving and wonderful. I am in the polyamorous situation, where as my husband is still searching for his #2. We all know that there is no strict definition of what a marriage is anymore, and I feel like it takes more than just the two original individuals to make it work, we all have a support system in some way, shape or form. I can truly say that I am the happiest I have ever been, and feel complete.

How old are your kids?

I got a 20 year old. she is bisexual so she has been Poly since her teen years. Next is 14,5,20 months and currently pregnant again. :eek:

So you all three live together? Are there any questions of paternity?

We are working towards living together. He has a child from another woman and he pays child support. He is looking for a job here with us. No questions my husband is fixed and so we know who the dad is by default. There were issues at first because hubby doesn't want anymore kids. So he was mad when I popped preggo. He has gotten over it through a lot of work promise from both of us. Hubby still wants him here with us and so we are trying to work on that. He did come stay here for about a month and there we no issues about sharing space or anything so when he gets a job we should be good. :D

new to poly...sorta

I am 25 my husband is 32 he is in a job that makes him leave a year at a time we both talked about being poly and have tried it a few times....now I have my husband and a boyfriend but alot of questions and looking for some one willing to try to answer them

What kind of birth control were you using that you accidentally got pregnant? How do you and the bio dad feel about the pregnancy? Do you work outside the home?

Not really using Birth Control condoms once in awhile. Bio dad is super happy. He wishes he was here from the moment I found out but he has to do as he needs to do. I keep him in the loop and let him know everything going on. I work outside the house. Hubby is a stay at home dad. We figured my job was good enough for all of us to live comfortably. With the small army we have it works out money wise as well. So we can afford another child and with bio dad willing to pay child support we are well off and can afford extra things.

Did your Husband know that you weren't always using condoms? Did you and bf talk about getting pregnant? How is his first child doing? How did you feel about your Husband's vasectomy?

I have no real excuse for not using condoms. I'd be so mad if Hubby had done it to me. This is one of the problems that we worked through. BF and I did talk about it a few times. He said he would be there and he would take that over not bring in my life at all. I knew about hubby vasectomy he got it while we were together. I am ok with it we talked about it along time before he got it. I was ok with not having more kids. Am I ok with this little one yes. Hubby is getting excited about being a dad again.
Yes they both agreed to share being a dad to the baby. I think both of them will be ok with each other playing dad since I am very dominate so they take their cues from me anyways. I know that kinda sounds bad but they both cater to me so this is just another part of our family.
His other kid is to young to know what is going on. There is baby mama drama over there so I stay out of it. That area I take my cues from him since that is all his drama. :cool:

Back