Bippity Boppity Boo, Hello to all of you!

LadyRin

Why, hello! I'm currently a college student, hoping to get degrees in secondary education: english and graphic/web design. I'm 20, a female, bisexual and single. :D I'm currently at a point in my life where I'm finding out who I am and what I want out of life and how to go about getting it. I tend to be one of those people who researches something extensively before committing to it. A friend of mine is polyamorous and kinda explained her relationship to me and I found it very interesting. I believe her relationship is a V and she is the hinge. Anywho I've been thinking about it and maybe being in a poly relationship would work for me. However before I jump head first into a poly relationship I want to armor myself with as much knowledge as possible. I can't wait to talk to all of you and I'm glad to be here. :D

~LadyRin

Hello, and welcome aboard.

You'll find a lot of really useful information here. There's really no orthodoxy, just the knowledge you can love more than one person and the security and generosity to be okay with the person you love doing the same. There is a lot of terminology that's been invented to describe the situations and attitudes.

People here have as many stories as there are people. I share my fiancee's love with her girlfriend who is also a good friend of mine. Hope you have good experiences as well.

Hello LadyRin,
Welcome to our forum.

You are wise to do some studying before actually giving poly a try; there is a lot to learn. A couple of resources you might find helpful:

Golden Nuggets board
"Opening Up" by Tristan Taormino
Franklin Veaux's poly pages

Make yourself at home here and do lots of reading and posting. It is great to have you aboard.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back