thinking @ goin to poly convention

Jodi

i would like to go to the poly convention that's coming up in philly. i just e-mailed a link to my boyfriend's wife.

we are in a triangle. wife and i close friends. husband/boyfriend hasn't fully embraced poly lifestyle, except when it concerns him being w/ me, but that's another issue.

i really hope either she or both want to go with me.

sometimes, i feel kind of isolated because we have such a beautiful relationship, and our children are friends, working thru my teen daughter's acceptance...not happening so far, sigh. but, i am always carefully navigating our relationship. it would be nice to branch out and learn more. i'm just hoping that my boyfriends wife will go with me...if he went, that would be a shock, but someone has to stay close by for the chldren anyway.

thanks for reading. have a good day.

That's cool.
I'm planning to go to one in Victoria BC this summer. I'll get to meet a number of the Victoria crew from here while I'm there visiting.

I know what you mean about hoping one of them will go with you. I was hoping a lot all of this last year to go to ONE of them somewhere, with the guys. But it didn't work out that way.
I finally decided "screw it-I'm going" even if it means going alone. I think it will be good to get out.

Be patient with the teen. Teenagers generally don't like their parents love lives regardless of the way the love life is created. It's not "cool" to think that your parents are "cool".

We have a 19 year old, 14, 13, 10, 3. Then my little sister is 17. So I know how much fun that can be!

wow, that's quite a motley crew u have there! thanks for answering my post. you've helped me decide...yes, it will be nice to get out..so i'll go..actually a member here has gonefor several years, so at least ill be able to say hello to someonei 'm acquainted with. take care!!!

*like* for LR's post... can't wait to see you.

Hope you can raise their desire to find out more Jodi, what's the theme of the conference? Any link to send? Always interested to here about other cities poly events.

speaking of which; I have organized a ton of events in this city... bowling, dancing, Karaoke, parties, dinners, etc.

Any ideas on good poly events that are non-sexual? There are others that organize those.... I know, much less exciting on my end... I get lots of people coming anyway, so there is something more than fucking I guess :p

haha, what about kyaking, biking, hiking, camping, trips...

Rollerskating, iceskating,

There's a get together in New York City for poly-families and they have a concert, poetry readings, "bring your own lunch" picnic.

You could do a park get together that was a potluck....
our homeschool group does that every year. :)

The organizers bring the utensils for BBQ'ing and everyone brings their own meat (if they eat meat) and a "dish to share". That's always a blast.

how about a game night or wine and cheese party,

or things like charades.

but definately, family fun days are the best with a workshop, hands-on craft or group project for everyone...like a giant weaving or....mural that everyone can work on at their leisure. fun!

Back