The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Am doing well. Spent the afternoon with old friends and felt appreciated, loved and missed. :)

Am worried about hubs, texted a couple of times and he sounds sad, which he NEVER is, usually he's the one telling ME not to be sad that it will be soon and we will be together. I am worried about his stress levels right now. :( Nothing I can do but be here for him and remind him I love him. Hopefully next week will be better for him.

Sending healing vibes out to all of those who are having hard times and issues right now...

Trying to put a finger on what I'm feeling today. Yesterday a friend asked me to get ahold of Wendigo and Pretty Lady to find out if they are coming to her wedding in Sept. as I am the only one who seems to be able to contact them outside of Facebook these days. Normally this would be no big deal, but I haven't heard a peep out of either of them since last Saturday. Wendigo has been working on a particularly difficult animation project (he's doing it entirely by computer and this is a newish medium for him) and Pretty Lady is extremely busy between her editing job and the book she was just contracted to write. Normally, this wouldn't bother me, but for some reason I'm finding myself annoyed that I'm not getting a response to my messages. Maybe it is that our friends who are getting married are obsessed with knowing right now, who is or isn't coming and I don't get that at all - we had a small wedding and if people could make it, they did; if they couldn't, no big deal. Anyways, I'm getting a bit annoyed with myself about it. I like to help my friends out, but then I am the one stressing about disappointing them. Anyways, I'm excited for our kiddo to be going to camp today, but nervous that it will be another week of early nights - I hate that I've been falling asleep before 10 when I usually stay up until 12-1am. And having a whole week with Runic Wolf to myself after work, I will want to stay up and enjoy it.

Good weekend. Having lazy day. Ditched yoga today my body needed a day off! Tomorrow is skype date night with hubs and about 18ish days until he gets home. ;-)

Mental explosion guided my Mohegan. Grateful for my wife trying to help me. Still feel like shit. Still don't have answers.

Frustrated today. My car isn't fixed yet, infact it isn't even to the point where we can determine what needs to be fixed first so we know what we can afford to fix. Drama at work has me feeling unsupported and just plain fed up. I finally got to talk to Wendigo tonight. He's feeling swamped, working on 4-5 drawing projects plus the animation project. He still hasn't responded about whether or not he'll be coming over this week, but I'm not counting on it. And yet, I don't know how to not be disappointed when things don't work out.

I don't know how to not be disappointed when things don't work out.
No two things can occupy the same space at the same time. So, if you're disappointed, you can't force yourself to be un-disappointed. Let yourself feel it and it will dissipate of its own accord. Try to stuff it down and it will grow stronger. Just allowing yourself to be who and what you are, even if it's not the most pleasantest of feelings -- well, that's freedom. ;)

Good. Possibility just left to go home :(.

I had a light bulb moment yesterday about why I'm so leery of going to his place when the opportunity arises.

It's the way he and his wife relate to each other. They bicker which sets me on edge which then makes me uncomfortable. Bickering is their way of communicating and I, for the life of me, can NOT see how they get much good communication done that way *sigh*.

I told him tonight. He didn't say much but He probably needs time to digest what I said.

It's the way he and his wife relate to each other. They bicker which sets me on edge which then makes me uncomfortable. Bickering is their way of communicating . . .

My ex-inlaws were like that. Bickering and teasing each other mercilessly. They didn't know any other way to be. I couldn't be around it too much, and then my hubs would pick up the habit whenever he visited them. I'd have to tell him that didn't fly with me. Ah, but they loved each other and were married for 60 years.

Last edited:
I love all of them, all five, but the bickering....I just can't take it for very long.

It makes me feel as thought it's directed at me, even when it isn't.

Bickering is their way of communicating and I, for the life of me, can NOT see how they get much good communication done that way *sigh*.

BrigidsDaughter and I are like that at times. We'll bicker, fight, and be told by people that we remind them of a couple who's been married for 50 years.

Usually what happens is we'll fight and bicker, and then later discuss what was said in a more reasonable manner. I figure if you can't let go and say what's really on your mind to your partner, there is an issue there.

As for how I'm doing? I'm, worried and tired. I've started a pretty intensive self improvement program and it's all kinds of tiring at the moment, physically and mentally, and I'm worried about money as usual. Nothing new, but it does wear on you after a while.

Decided to sieze the day a bit more after the realisation that procrastination is the only reason I (as far as I know, she may yet be poly!) have lost my chance to tell B how I feel...

To this end I have sent a proper and well-thought-out apology to H, and fully intend to let L know that I do like her in *that* way (but making it clear that if she only wants friendship that's cool as well, the important thing is gaining another awesome person in my life, not the possiblity of getting my leg over).

Decided to sieze the day a bit more after the realisation that procrastination is the only reason I (as far as I know, she may yet be poly!) have lost my chance to tell B how I feel...

You're talking to the Queen Procrastinator here, lol. If it can be put off, it will be.

No two things can occupy the same space at the same time. So, if you're disappointed, you can't force yourself to be un-disappointed. Let yourself feel it and it will dissipate of its own accord. Try to stuff it down and it will grow stronger. Just allowing yourself to be who and what you are, even if it's not the most pleasantest of feelings -- well, that's freedom. ;)

I guess it's not so much the being disappointed, but the being able to acknowledge it to Wendigo w/o seeming like I want him to feel guilty or apologize. (I spent alot of time in the beginning trying to break him of his habit of apologizing for things he needent). Wendigo is by best friend, you know the kind of friend you share all your girl talk with; so I want to share my disappointment that I'm not spending as much time with my boyfriend as I'd like, to share how much I enjoyed the last time that the three of us were all together and how I'd hoped to do it again when he came over next, but its hard to do that when you're best friend is also your boyfriend. When he and Pretty Lady get wrapped up in work, I sometimes feel a bit lost because he won't log on to chat for days and I don't have my best friend to talk to and if he does log on (PL got him to sign in to chat on Mon for us) the conversation is pretty one sided. *sighs*

I sympathize with your frustration with Burnsy not communicating more often. Wendigo is definitely distracted and disconnected right now and I'm sure he will apologize for it later, but I also know he's doing something he loves, so it I feel a little guilty for wanting more of his time.

Back