Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Now that definitely deserves a "like" button. :)

I keep thinking you guys need to write your story down and get it published. The ups and downs, all of it. So inspirational! Why should we be the only lucky ones who get to vicariously share this part of your lives?

Not only that, but there was a smile in my heart as Nerdist (my husband) drove roly home (who sat in the front seat) and gave her a kiss as she got out. I sat in the back with a passed-out Mono, whose head was on my shoulder, holding my hand on one side, and a jolly drunk Derby on the other side, also holding my hand.

I went home to bed with my too lovely men and became a roasted Redpepper, as I was roastingly hot in the bed, but was so in love and so at home.

:) :) :) Nothing but happiness.

I don't remember Mono being passed out. I remember him making noises (teasing me) in the back seat as I got out. :p

I want to share how happy I am after talking with Nerdist on the phone about some things that had come up for me. It feels really safe to be honest and be accepted... and to hear honesty back.

Mostly, I am enjoying how good it can be to nurture the parts of us that do connect, knowing the parts that don't are nurtured by others in his life. It's liberating to share ourselves openly with the reassurance that we can work through or let go in areas that don't mesh, and we can explore areas that mesh wonderfully.

I feel a complete lack of expectations and this is fabulous for me! This is definitely the way to love. Learning about your partner for who s/he actually is feels magical. Maybe I'm just still basking in NRE. ;)

I feel a complete lack of expectations and this is fabulous for me!! This is definitely the way to love. Learning about your partner for who s/he actually is. Feels magical. Maybe I'm just still basking in NRE. ;)

I'm glad you are focusing on the positive side of things. That's what this thread is all about!!

On a different note-- Ahhhh, loving Redpepper with everything I've got and getting closer by the day. :)

Its been a long couple of weeks of Mono being super busy at work, and working late. I miss him so much. I miss our afternoon "naps." I'm just not whole with out him around.

Tonight I am so excited to spend some much needed close time together. A whole evening of cuddling, talking and connecting... followed by an entwined sleep. Mmmmmm, can't wait!

Tomorrow I go on a work retreat for a couple of days. I will feel well-connected and rested even before I get there. I got some much needed time with all my loves this week and feel very loved and happy. The only one missing is my tertiary, who is struggling with his divorce proceedings at the moment. I have a date coming up with him in a couple of weeks. It's been too long! Well, three weeks-- that's too long in my book, anyway.

Tomorrow I go on a work retreat for a couple of days. I will feel well connected and rested even before I get there. I got some much needed time with all my loves this week and feel very loved and happy. The only one missing is my tertiary, who is struggling with his divorce proceedings at the moment. I have a date coming up with him in a couple of weeks. It's been too long! Well, three weeks-- that's too long in my book, anyway.

Since we're sharing happiness, one of the things that makes me happy is knowing how you connect with others and how it fills your soul. You wouldn't be the same lovely person you are if you were tied down. I see you as a bird. They are far more beautiful in the open than they are kept in a cage.

Sorry for the hijack, Mono.

Mono sees me more like a horse that has a wide-open pasture to roam. I'm a Sagittarius. It fits me well.

I like the thought of a bird too, and am so pleased you think the way you do, Derby. It makes me feel very loved. Thank you.

Well, if all you need is a 2 second break at a time, that might not be all that bad.

Oh, what a much needed night at the OH (other home). Mono and I got together right after work and spent the night leisurely going about the business of catching up on our connection.

There have been some crazy things going on lately, in terms of relationship stuff in our lives, as well as work business. We needed to come together and remember what the hell we were doing. Sometimes everything seems to bog us down, and it makes our relationship seem so fragile, so filled with doubt and doom. Mono/poly relationships are a BIG deal in this way, it seems. It's hard for us to catch up on emotions and remind ourselves that our differences do not mean that we can't be together.

We are constantly reminded of what we have chosen to put aside by being together. But when we are reminded of the love we share and how important it is to us, there is no doubt that it is all worth it. :)

Sometimes everything seems to bog us down and it makes our relationship seem so fragile... so filled with doubt and doom... mono/poly relationships are a BIG deal in this way it seems. It's hard for us to catch up on emotions.. and remind ourselves that our differences do not mean that we can't be together.

It can seem so fragile and scary, at times. Part of this is that we chose to invest in all aspects of our lives. Every relationship affects us both. We make ourselves vulnerable by wanting to support each other at all times. But this vulnerability deepens our trust and connection, so it is worth it for me. I don't see any other way to achieve the level of depth that we both require.

We are constantly reminded of what we have chosen to put aside by being together, but when we are reminded of the love we share and how important it is to us, there is no doubt that it is all worth it :)

There is no doubt in my mind, Lilo. :)

GG and I had a much needed morning. With his schedule change (to the same schedule as Maca) we've lost our morning alone time. That's made for a rough month of feeling disconnected as it is. Then we had all of the changes and whatnot with the godson.

He took a vacation day yesterday and we spent the day together (with kids) and it was SO nice to be able to just BE together, like getting a breath when you've been drowning. :)

GG and I had a much needed morning. With his schedule change (to the same schedule as Maca) we've lost our morning alone time. That's made for a rough month of feeling diconnected as it is.
Then with all of the changes and what not regarding the Godson.
He took a vacation day yesterday and we spent the day together (with kids) and it was SO nice to be able to just BE together. Like getting a breath when you've been drowning. :)

Hi, LR! Good to hear you got to spend some time with GG. I know how you feel. It can be really disheartening to not have alone time. And just when you think you can't take it anymore and need it most, there is that air filling your lungs. God bless! Pulling for you guys. When is the move?

Back