Your most recent OKC messages. post em here!

Sometimes someone doesn't send the awful, canned message.

This guy gets bonus points.

Saying you've never been to a rock concert--and doing so in a way that is inviting (daring?) someone to ask you to one on a date--makes it basically a necessity that I write you. Not on it's own, of course. But you appear to be interesting, and cute, and are poly with a primary partner (therefore not looking for a primary partner, which I am not up for at the moment)--but looking for a relationship/friendship not just random sex. Those are all kind of pre-requisites (well, poly isn't necessarily, but it makes the not-looking-for-primary thing a whole lot more likely/workable).

So, add to that stuff the opportunity to take you to see your first live rock band play, and it was basically like a cross between a gauntlet being thrown down and a handkerchief being dropped. Which is a most excellent metaphorical hybrid, and I compliment you on it.

Now I have to start keeping my eye out for good shows coming up, and hope the timing coincides with when our written correspondence reaches (if it does) a point where you'd like to meet...

A man treated well could have baboon strength for you.

Soooooo ironic, since baboons have a completely non-monogamous mating style. Any male can mate with any female in the group. The males will dote on the females to try and win their affection, but that won't make the females "faithful" to them. There is a group mentality to protect all offspring, regardless of paternity, to the point where males will grab a random infant to protect themselves in a fight, since no one will risk harming the baby...

Soooooo ironic, since baboons have a completely non-monogamous mating style. Any male can mate with any female in the group. The males will dote on the females to try and win their affection, but that won't make the females "faithful" to them. There is a group mentality to protect all offspring, regardless of paternity, to the point where males will grab a random infant to protect themselves in a fight, since no one will risk harming the baby...

I know! I thought of replying to him with a lecture on various primate mating strategies...then I remembered I have better things to do :)

Not a specific message... but why is it that when I recently changed my status to "looking for new friends, long-distance penpals" I've suddenly been receiving a huge increase in messages?

Hmm... I also took off that picture of me wearing a tinfoil hat and looking pensive. Maybe the Crazy was keeping them at bay...

I'm guessing you changed your status and therefore became a "new" match for some people, and so they contacted you?

Oh dear lord.

This guy PMs me

I happened to be on, so I checked his profile. While I was looking at it (cute, 31, from NYC, likes jazz and good books, proessional) he PMs me again:

I appreciate a woman who knows ao clearly what she wants.

So, I write back:

Well, thanks. Surely when one reaches ones 50s, one should know what the fuck she wants.

So he writes immediately:

agreed
allow yourself to be: indulged then

I write back:

What do you mean?

his response:

I mean
it is friday morning
I am in LA
walk to your bed
tell me your number
allow yourself

Can you believe it? So I write back:

Oh, where did you get the idea what I want is phone sex with a stranger? lol

I could have been a lot ruder, but I am nice like that.

*shakes head*

He didn't respond after I lol'ed at him.

I've seen sexier "Engrish".

Why can't people use full and proper sentences? Nothing turns me off on someone faster then looking at how they communicate and seeing lots of abbreviations and single letters for whole words. I know it's supposed to be "txt speak" but if you want me to take you seriously as a potential partner you need to use full words and sentences like a big girl/boy.

RE: "Allow yourself", "indulge yourself"

I hear language like that a lot from a certain type of online-sex-seeking guy. It disturbs me because it implies that men think that women need a man to convince them / give them permission to do something naughty.

Ugh.

RE: "Allow yourself", "indulge yourself"

I hear language like that a lot from a certain type of online-sex-seeking guy. It disturbs me because it implies that men think that women need a man to convince them / give them permission to do something naughty.

Ugh.

True!

One of the latest:

Hi i like your pictures and especially the one with a bit of cleavage showing.

So how are you?

Oy! Is that all he's got, really? Would he go up to a woman in a bar and say, I like your cleavage? These guys are in their 30s. Why do they sound 12?

Wait. Doesn't every woman need a man on the phone in order to masturbate successfully?! And here I've been denying myself all this time by using nothing but my meagre imagination.

First one I got today along with some major troll stuff was this:

Isn't it typical for (less than) average-looking folks to resort to such kinds of things?
(in regards to me mentioning poly on my profile)

Followed by this one (from someone else) 5 minutes later:

That say Cleopatra is the most beautiful lady in the world that's because they have not seen you.

So from less than average looking to cleopatra standard in 5 minutes..not bad for a Saturday, eh? ;)

Last edited:
First one I got today along with some major troll stuff was this:

(in regards to me mentioning poly on my profile)

Followed by this one (from someone else) 5 minutes later:

So from less than average looking to cleopatra standard in 5 minutes..not bad for a Saturday, eh? ;)

LOL all the poly people I am friends (or lovers) with are super cute, so I'm gonna go with the Cleopatra one. Though actually, she was rather plain and it was Nefertiti who was the looker!

Oops, I am pretty and smart!

I always wonder why people go through so much effort to actually write a mail and quote parts of my profile when it's plain obvious they don't agree with anything I put up there (not even my profile picture haha). Anyway, I blocked that guy and also didn't reply to Cleopatra-guy.

This morning I had another one in my inbox

Hi there...came across your profile, liked it, and so I thought I'd drop you a message.

I'm British, well spoken and well read :). I'm on this site out of a combination of jetlag and boredom, but always interested in finding interesting people. If you'd like to find out more just ping me back with a message;-)

I'm well educated and well travelled - used to live in Japan, Dubai, Paris....briefly in California, and now in Canada. Adore cooking and late night conversations....and try to combine both whenever possible ;-)

Look forward to hearing from you :)

Gosh, what a lucky girl I am that he wrote me a message...NOT!

So my gf just had the strangest interaction with this (supposed) woman on OKC. She had a high match (90%) with my gf, and wanted to get to know her... only the woman lives in Washington, and we live in the middle of the Canadian Prairies. Ok, fine, long distance works for some people... but some things just weren't adding up. First being the >$1,000,000 salary she claims in her profile stats, while working for a non-profit doing adoption work. She e-mailed my gf some pictures and was supposedly a hottie... only she e-mailed them from an IP that traced back to a Staples in the middle of a commercial/industrial neighborhood... at 1:30 in the morning. The tone in her messages came across as a dude just trying to hook-up.

Then it got weird. The woman said she had a best friend who she sometimes slept with and who gets jealous. She claimed that if she got together with my gf, her friend would be really jealous unless the friend got to hook up with me. Say what? So now this complete stranger on the internet is pimping me out, sight unseen? Yeah....No. As in, run away screaming and don't look back No.

When my gf started to wonder if she was who she said she, she asked the woman to chat on Skype, primarily just to see if she even is a woman. The woman replied that her employer doesn't allow her to video chat or use Skype, because she does some top secret government work. Eh??? Top secret non-profit adoption government work? What, stealing perfect white babies from the Russians to deliver to rich friends of senators or something??

So my gf basically called her out, said that too many things weren't fitting together, and that she needed some confirmation from this woman that she is who she says she is. Personally, I would have just flat-out ignored her at that point, but my gf is the confrontational type. Strangely, there's been no response since.

Last edited:
Some men with low self esteem really do take on these fleshed out female personas with complicated back stories. Happened to me a couple times too!

A good friend of mine met, through an online dating site, a woman who did this type of thing - claimed to be an insider in the "showbiz" scene, was a former Playboy Bunny, racecar driver, nurse, was the illegitimate daughter of Janis Joplin and John Lennon (!)... I thought she was nice and all until I actually met her, and I realized she was totally batpoop insane.

FWIW, whenever the "veto" threads pop up, this woman is the only type I would flat-out veto (or basically say that I will not -ever- have anything to do with). Ever. Delusional psycho? Yeah... no.

Anyhoo... apparently, some women end up making these "soap opera" lives up for themselves, too. Like real life isn't crazy enough!

FWIW, whenever the "veto" threads pop up, this woman is the only type I would flat-out veto (or basically say that I will not -ever- have anything to do with). Ever. Delusional psycho? Yeah... no.

Yeah, we don't have an official veto by any means, but we trust one another's judgement. If one of us said "I know she's pretty, but man that chick is nucking futs..." the other would take that at face value and back away slowly without making eye contact...

So, I got a message. First, I was disappointed, because I never get messages normally (I think I received unprompted messages twice overall), and I contacted a guy yesterday and thought it was from him... but, from a totally different guy, I get this:

I can imagine how hard is to be a girl on okcupid.. It's definitely a full time job.. Lol.. Specially when a girl is beautiful and profile is awesome!!

That was very weird, because there was no greeting, no mention of anything about me or him... It looks very much like a response to something, and I know I never sent the guy anything.
I go check his profile. First thing on it:

Hi all single people!! (Hopefully you are single, not like the other girl I was talking to who was married ..snap!!)

The first thing on my profile is that I'm polyamorous and married.

I can't believe these guys. They waste so much time sending messages to people they wouldn't want anything to do with, instead of reading even the first line of their profile and saving themselves the hassle -_-'

EDIT: It gets worse! I finished browsing his profile and see he set what he's looking for as "New Friends". I think to myself "uh, the bit about wanting you to be single is weird, but then it could make sense he contacted me if he truly only wants to find friends"

But then, at the bottom, in "message me if", in bolded:

Do not message me (OR reply to my message, in case you have lied in your profile) if you are either married or have a boy friend, it raises a red flag... this is really cheap girls!! You cannot get friends on a dating site, i mean with the initial intentions of friendship.. period! later of course you guys might be..if you wants FRIENDS then go and join meetup or class or work or something. Have some respect for you and for your guy :)

I didn't lie on my profile, you just didn't read it. Also, what's this BS about looking for friends when that's what you also say you're looking for?

Oh, and he also has a part about how women should message him if they're tired of creeps and want a real nice guy >.>

Last edited:
Back