Hello everyone!

naturebug32

Just thought I'd stop in to introduce myself :) I'm 36, not married, no children of my own yet. I currently have a loving boyfriend whom I have been dating for almost 5 months. He has 2 girlfriend besides me, one of which acts as a nanny for his 7 yo autistic son. The other doesn't live with him. I don't live with him either, though many could argue that since I spend most of my nights there. I do have my own apartment though.
Technically he's also married and his wife lives with him but they are separated basically. That relationship is over and he views her only as the mother of his child.

I love watching HGTV, singing, playing my clarinet, and am an amateur sewer. I also love to read, both fiction and non-fiction. I work full time in customer service and hope to travel to the UK someday.

I love watching HGTV

Me too! You just reminded me, I need to catch up with my recordings of Design Star - haven't watched the last couple weeks, but I DVR them all. No, don't tell me who got booted off!

I love watching Property Virgins, House Hunters/House Hunters International, Holmes on Homes (once had an erotic dream about him), and I'm so hot-hot-hot for Scott McGillivray! You can see some of the female homeowners on his show just salivating to stand next to him! I also really enjoy Colour Confidential - I think Jane Lockhart is a great designer, and I'm so glad she went back to being a blonde. That red hair was terrible on her and made her look older! I record her show, too. It's fun to watch a bunch of them in a row.

I love Design Star but haven't watched it recently, I keep missing it. Didn't think about DVRing it, duh! So I couldn't tell you who got booted off...

Love Property Virgins, House Hunters/and Intl though I find I'm a bit disillusioned by then because everyone seems to have a budget of $400,000 or higher and I could only dream to afford a mortgage that high. Wish they'd show more in the $100k to $200k arena. I watch Holmes on Homes and can't believe the shoddy job some people do. I especially like it when they film in secret, a crappy install of something and then Holmes goes in and rips it apart. Awesome!

They used to have a show on there that showed brand new designers taking on their first big job and follows them through whole process, snags and all. Not sure if that one is on anymore...haven't seen it. Is Curb Appeal still being shown? Loved that one too. Used to watch HGTV all the time but then didn't for a while since my roommate would complain about it. But now I have my own apartment and my boyfriend loves to watch it with me at his place. :)

Yes, Curb Appeal is still on, and now they do mini-makeovers on two other homes on the block (like just spruce up their porch or driveway or something), to bring some solidarity to the neighborhood, and it's really fun. There's usually like a block party at the end!

Last edited:
That sounds fun to watch! I have to check them out for sure. My next sewing project is curtains for my apartment, but I have to wait til I get paid again. :p

Back