New Years Eve

cheryl

I'm just curious how some people here decide who they are going to spend New Years Eve with. Im in a vee and since he has been very quiet about it I suspect I havent been chosen so I'm making other plans. But he spent almost every day this week with her and Christmas eve and Christmas Day so I'm not surprised. I think I'm ready to quit anyway.

Current bf was invited to go far away for a gaming. Was going to take previous bf with him. Then it came to pass that there's some big event a few hours away ~ pinball NYE party. At first I thought it sounded fun, then I reasoned. Okay, I get to drive, because they're going to drink; and I get to sit around all night and watch them play pinball? Uh, no thanks. But then I also realized that I'm slightly freaked out to be with them both. I haven't been since the possibility for both of them to be with me has opened.

I'm likely to do what I always do. Stay home and watch the ball drop, if I can be awake that long. :D Probably current bf will stay and do that also.

and by 'be with' I mean just sucking air in the same room, not sex. ;) We've all been great friends for 9 years (was with first bf for about 3, then with current for the last 6).

Husband, boyfriend and I will spend all of the night together. We don't sleep together normally but for the turn of the year we decided to stay on the sofa, all three of us. We are going to celebrate at home and with our neighbors. The biggest party is always on the street right infront of our house. The early evening will be filled with whine, grapes, molten cheese, some TV and board games. Looking forward to it :)

These things are not important to me. Really, who cares? I would rather be by myself on a holiday than get swept up in forced joviality just because there's a day on a calendar that society says I should be celebrating. If I choose to celebrate something, I can happily do it alone, or will invite whomever I want. If they can be with me, great, if not, I love my own company. I make my own holidays. If I want to be with someone, I schedule it, but if it can't be when I want it to happen, I will take the next available date and go with the flow. I don't need to stress over such things.

My husband left the option open for me because he didn't really have any plans. My boyfriend has plans that involve family...and they haven't been the most welcoming to me lately (long story). I think my husband and I are going to try to see a good friend of ours that only visits occasionally, so that should be fun. :)
...oh, and what KindaPod said.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, cheryl. :(

I get to be with everyone for New Years so I am super stoked! Hubby, Fiona, and Mario (and their son) are coming to my family's big gathering! Granted, nobody there (besides us and my sister and her husband) know that there is anything other than friendship between us, but I will take what I can get. :)

Fiona and I will get to sleep in the same bed which is always nice since it is a rarity. The only negative? We will be in my parents' basement so we have to be quiet. :D

I get to spend the evening with everyone!

John gets first kiss, which means F and T will probably get first kiss, but all three of my loveies get new years kisses from me. Im so lucky!

Not really sure. We are either gonna be with a few new friends or just the 2 of us. The plans are still up in the air. None of our usual friends are wanting to get together for various valid reasons.

It's not date night with my boyfriend, though I assume if it was, we would have moved it to another night as he and his wife have some plans.
My husband and his girlfriend have parted ways earlier in the month, although she's married and the day would've been a date night with her husband anyway.
So it's me and my husband, probably testing out my Christmas present of a pasta maker for dinner, cuddling up and watching the ball drop on TV, or a zombie movie, leaning towards zombies ;)
Feeling glad that since my ex and I married on New Year's Eve and we broke up after 12 years (with the next 5 NYE feeling awkward about this particular date on a calendar) I won't ever try to make it or anything AN IMPORTANT holiday for me, so if I'm ever alone for AN IMPORTANT holiday, I won't let it be a bad day, and just consider it like any other.

New years is not a big deal for me. Halloween (Samhain) is my new years. Still, any time there is an excuse for a party I'm there! :D I love a good party.

Derby is having her fourth (?) New years party in a row this year. I am looking forward to it. Its a bit of an anniversary for us because we made out in front of everyone one year and Mono hit the roof! It was an undiscussed boundary assumption (ah I love poly language) at the time and it got discussed pretty quick on the drive home. :p

This year it looks like PN might not be there. He has been sick and isn't much of a party goer anyway. He usually ends up driving us home. I don't know what we will do this year. Maybe I will be driver. We haven't talked about it yet.

It sounds like it will be a quiet party this year. Lots of changes have happened in our social life and new things are in the midst. Kind of a change around time this year. Still, it will be fun regardless. :)

After a busy time on vacation in Florida with my sister, and then getting home and back to work, plus planning and cooking and cleaning for a little Yule dinner (with miss pixie, my son and my SO J1 [aka The Gentleman], who all met for the first time), and laundry and driving back and forth between my place and miss pixie's place, and more working, and one on one sex-filled dates with The Gentleman and J2 (aka The Hottie) this week, and dealing with my daughter's medical issues, and taking miss pixie to the dentist and to get food stamps yesterday, I just want to chill at her place tonight.

The Hottie will prolly see friends, but I feel a bit bad for The Gentleman for tonight. He declared love for me 2 days ago... but we've not been together much lately. We are going to have a real date next weekend, I think... he wants to take me to a wolf sanctuary.

Yule is my New Year's. So today is kind of an afterthought. miss pixie will make us some awesome snacks and we'll watch movies or something.

New years is not a big deal for me. Halloween (Samhain) is my new years. Still, any time there is an excuse for a party I'm there! :D I love a good party.

Derby is having her fourth (?) New years party in a row this year. I am looking forward to it. Its a bit of an anniversary for us because we made out in front of everyone one year and Mono hit the roof! It was an undiscussed boundary assumption (ah I love poly language) at the time and it got discussed pretty quick on the drive home. :p

This year it looks like PN might not be there. He has been sick and isn't much of a party goer anyway. He usually ends up driving us home. I don't know what we will do this year. Maybe I will be driver. We haven't talked about it yet.

It sounds like it will be a quiet party this year. Lots of changes have happened in our social life and new things are in the midst. Kind of a change around time this year. Still, it will be fun regardless. :)

Yep...4th annual party (and I will be better behaved this year) :) As for getting home, you're more than welcome to stay over.

sleepover

Well my wifes BF, chatted to her this morning and invited us for a sleepover tonight so, Our 4ple will be ringing the new year together and I will be waking up with my GF, they have prepped the spare bedroom and all.

Back