Greetings from AB, Canada....

SourGirl

Hello All !

I am a 33 yr old, polyamorous married woman, from Alberta, Canada.

I have just recently ended my first 'knowingly' polyamorous relationship with a old friend. It didn`t work out in the end, but I am not bitter. :)

I learned a lot along the way.

I believe I experienced a couple of other poly relationships when I was younger, I just didn`t realize that there was a label, for what I was doing.

My husband is supportive, and he identifies currently as ' Poly-friendly ' He is interested in a possible relationship with a woman, but taking his time, getting a better understanding before he jumps in.

I am also bisexual, but we are not specifically hunting for a relationship that only caters to that aspect. With open minds, we chose to pick great people, rather then focusing only one way.

Hmmm,..What else ? I love sports, the outdoors, reading, riding, cycling, am not a nerd in real life, but become one, when I watch tv :p

Anyhow,..thanks for having me !

Welcome to the forum, superjast! Wow, so many Canadian polys around, and all so friendly :)

It's interesting for me to hear different people's "road to poly", thank you for sharing a little of yours.

Hey ImaginaryIllusion,..nice to meet you as well.

Alberta is my 'new' home, I am originally from Ontario. I absolutely love it here, though.

Thank you also to ; CielDuMatin, lovingRadiance, and Pittdruid, for the warm welcome as well !

:D

Alberta is my 'new' home, I am originally from Ontario. I absolutely love it here, though.

Aren't most people on the west coast. Half the people I know are either Aussie or French haha (newfies tend to get stuck in Alberta due to poor car maintenance :D) The other half are from Ontario :D (me included)

Aren't most people on the west coast. Half the people I know are either Aussie or French haha (newfies tend to get stuck in Alberta due to poor car maintenance :D) The other half are from Ontario :D (me included)

LOL...That is so true about the car maintenance. A few measely mountains in the way, and they give up pushing. :p

Good thing I didn't ask about high schools then. It's a great town though...have you been there long enough for both seasons? Construction and Patio?

Yep...lots of UFO's end up in Calgary...right beside the Houston ex-pats. The only problem the last few years was too many BC drivers screwing up the mix.

Good thing I didn't ask about high schools then. It's a great town though...have you been there long enough for both seasons? Construction and Patio?

That about sums it up too ! I have been here since last April. When I arrived it was beautiful and +21 C.

I thought,..'This is not so bad,.."

Skip ahead to all of May and June 6th, which was the last day I had SNOW, and I was cursing words, I didn`t know, I even knew. ;)

That said, Summer was great.

Well it seemed so, for my shiney, new, City-girl self.

If I was still living in the country, I would not of been happy with the drought.

Now seasons,.... Is there not 3 seasons here ? The third one being "mud" ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep...lots of UFO's end up in Calgary...right beside the Houston ex-pats. The only problem the last few years was too many BC drivers screwing up the mix.

You don't have to tell me, BC drivers suck. Right up there with WA drivers. Can't blame the drivers, ever seen the roadways, they suck!!

Welcome Superjast!
Nice to see a fellow Albertan on here, I'm in Edmonton and I gotta say I'm looking forward to Spring :)

Skip ahead to all of May and June 6th, which was the last day I had SNOW, and I was cursing words, I didn`t know, I even knew. ;)
That's the glorious thing about Calgary...we get spring 9 times a year. Yet everyone forgets how winter driving works after each one.

Now seasons,.... Is there not 3 seasons here ? The third one being "mud" ? :)
Mud isn't technically a season...and only a real issue in the newer communities on the outskirts that haven't laid down enough sod. It cusps on spring, and usually a side effect of chinooks that don't last long enough to sublimate the snow before it melts.

Last edited:
Thank you Booklady ! Great to hear from another Albertan. :) Edmonton has definetly been chilly this winter, hasn`t it ? Amazing the differences in temps between the 2 cities.

Imaginary Illusion : Yes, the drivers out here are VERY scary. I have never, ever been skittish driving anywhere, before now. Big cities, majoy highways, questionable roads and conditions,..I was fine with it all.

But here ? I have to steal my nerves to head downtown. Or to the SW.

The lack of street cleaning doesn`t help matters.

Back