What are you reading

I have no answer to that question, but... I would be interested in poly friendly fiction novels as well. If anyone happens to read some (new) ones, I'd appreciate to know which book it was. I mean, I already know about Heinlein (though have not read his books yet), but would be interested to find other authors, too.

Hubby and I are going to start reading Opening Up together this week. I read it quite a while ago, but he didn't really (skimmed certain parts). Now that he is developing what is quite probably going to be a serious relationship, he thinks it would be helpful. :rolleyes:

I'm also reading a fictional series with Boy that isn't specifically geared towards poly, but one of the main characters is poly (the books I've read so far have used the word "triad" to refer to her relationship, but I hear the poly word is coming soon, too - since she now has 3 men. haha). The Otherworld series by Yasmine Galenorn, by the way, if anyone is interested in some light, semi-sexy, action-packed, magic and magical creature featuring short novels.

I found "Opening Up" and other poly specific books incredibly unhelpful, but I really connected to a lot of the thoughts in the "MoreThanTwo" blog. :)

I found "Opening Up" and other poly specific books incredibly unhelpful, but I really connected to a lot of the thoughts in the "MoreThanTwo" blog. :)

I really like the lists and talking points in Opening Up more than the other parts. I've found it helpful in harnessing erratic thought patterns and making potentially awkward conversations a little more frank.

I found 'Love in Abundance' useful. Whip read it too and we've had some good discussions because of that.

Here's the Goodreads link: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8924660-love-in-abundance

I am also working my way through the same author's Jealousy workbook. It's early days on that but so far, it's been thought provoking.

Other than that, I haven't read anything particularly poly focused.

But if anyone likes history, 'The Sleepwalkers: How Europe Went to War in 1914' by Christopher Clark is really great. He actually explains how WWI started - not an easy feat. Most historians leave it at 'Serbians be crazy!', and 'then stuff happened cause treaties'. But Clark does not do that - I'm learning a lot.

I found 'Love in Abundance' useful. Whip read it too and we've had some good discussions because of that.

I believe I read that one as well, and liked it, although I was put off with the whole "mono/poly doesn't work" bit at one point.

I know it's difficult, but jeez... nothing like hearing you're doomed out of the gate. :p

I don't know what other books I'll plan to read, but I think I'll officially give up on "Sex at Dawn" - I find the data so cherry-picked as to be annoying. Including culture as important one minute (as long as it supports the author's viewpoint) while dismissing it the next just rankles me.

I'm finishing up The Wheel of Time Series.
It doesnt SPECIFY poly, but there is CERTAINLY a poly-dynamic between Rand (main character) and his three ladies.

Actually-our teenager read the whole series, adn I was on here at some point reading aloud a question about books with a poly theme and he popped off with it. I asked him "how do you know". Talk about feeling like an IDIOT. He just stared at me like I was an idiot before saying, "um.... mom... I've known the concept since birth and you've been OUT since I was 8..." Then walked into his room.
SO I decided to read the series. Decent series-though not really my kind of books and DEFINITELY a heavy poly relationship between those 4.

Also the series Outlander by Dianna Gabaldon at some point talks about a girl who marries a set of twins. They aren't KEY players in the series, only a couple of the books. But it's definitely accepted that they love each other and are a family.

As for poly-help books and the like. I've had my fill.

I just finished reading Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett and have started reading Kushiel's Scion by Jacqueline Carey; which incidentally is the series that the quote in LR's tagline comes from and is tattooed on Runic Wolf's girlfriend. "Love As Thou Wilt"

I'm going to see if my local sex positive coffeeshop has Power Circuts. With many of the relationships in my group being D/s I think that would be a good one to read.

I just finished reading Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett and have started reading Kushiel's Scion by Jacqueline Carey; which incidentally is the series that the quote in LR's tagline comes from and is tattooed on Runic Wolf's girlfriend. "Love As Thou Wilt"

I have it tattoo'd to me too! That is my FAVORITE series! LOVE THAT SERIES! :)
I have a tattoo from my neck to my tailbone, based upon the gist of the main characters Marquee and the words go across the bottom. ;)

Back