New Friendship Anxiety

I'm honestly completely freaked out by this Facebook thing...the forums have lost a little bit of safety for me for some reason...hmmmm what now I wonder.

I'm honestly completely freaked out by this Facebook thing...the forums have lost a little bit of safety for me for some reason...hmmmm what now I wonder.

aww.. you make it sound so sinister! You can tweak your privacy preferences you know!

nothing to do with privacy..something different and bigger...I have a little processing to do...:confused:

Sorry if I crossed a line with you dude!

I hope you don't give my remarks too much credit out of proportion.

No line crossing..this forum just took on a very similar feeling to our poly meetings in some ways....I just need some time to figure out what that means.

Thanks for the concern.

Well I know better than to try to flirt with you! Can't say the same about RP though! At least I'm 3 times zones away.

she made the last 8 months fly by...maybe she is!

I thought of the same thing when it comes to Y, but being without him, it has made the summer go by really slow (which isn't necessarily a bad thing either, if life gives you lemons make lemonade right?).

if life gives you lemons make lemonade right?

I prefer breaking out the salt and tequilla.

Mono, I hope you don't think of what I'm doing as serious flirting or intimidating. Seriously-not interested in men outside my hubby. You're entirely safe. Promise.

My uncomfortability has nothing to do with worrying about people being interested in me LOL! I just find poly environments and sex positive environments threatening. I am working on it though.

This forum has been a very unthreatening place for me to share, unlike what our poly meetings were. It had something to do with not really seeing people and having some distance. It's lost a little of that for me...wait now..it has outgrown me perhaps. :eek:

This forum has been a very unthreatening place for me to share... It had something to do with not really seeing people and having some distance.

Yeah...notice how I haven't posted an avatar, my FB account, my name, or my email.....
One couple here has my IM. And they live faaaaarrrr away and have no idea who I really am. I get what you mean.

(BTW-"uncomfortability"? Can I borrow that word? lol)

I like the anonymity Of this place too. That why I havnt put my "real" name out there. So I can understand this.

I actually had my picture on here at first. I don't care if people know. I just like to keep a distance between me and other forum members so I don't have certain emotions related to the poly environment of the meetings I go to.

Back