Bashing Unicorn Hunters

I am not saying it's wrong for anybody to think he's a swell guy. Here in the comments several people have said reading his posts have really helped them find a path to successful polyamory in their life. I personally despise his writing because I don't appreciate the psychological games he plays, it pisses me off when people believe someone is trying to help them out when all he is really doing is belittling people or fucking with their mind in a very subtle, pseudo-erudite ways. If people walk away from his posts with something positive, it is a positive thing, but because of his more malicious posts intended to mind fuck the reader I don't take anything he says to be a benefit. And as I have mentioned previously, writing about science using details that are flat out lies, has absolutely no benefit and only serves to confuse the people who may actually be wanting certain aspects of science demystified.

But claiming Carbon14 readings have anything to do with measuring the degree that something is toxic, is just an erudite literary with a huge inferiority complex needing to laugh at you behind your back in order for him to feel good, or blow off steam, or why-ever the hell he fucks wth people like that. Carbon14 is an element that naturally goes through a very reliable radioactive decay (it's used for dating objects) and the asshole claimed that flyash from coal buring power plants was more toxic than waste produced by a nuclear plant. After making more bogus claims, but in the realm of psychology he then points to how others are close minded and the reason they have biased opinions about nuclear power is because their mind lies to themselves (No, he lies about scientific facts) gets the reader to believe seemingly logical theories that are outright false, then he will move on to some other bullshit logic about poly or non-monogamy.

The thing is, the lies aren't necessary to make his poly assertions persuasive, and people whose inferiority complex is such that they practice getting others to believe the biggest lies possible for shits and giggles is sociopathic. It is isn't humorous, and he never informs the reader later how everything was bullshit. Many of his "real life" examples are utter bullshit, and it's fine when your are trying to help people along the path, but not to belittle to boost your own self-esteem, that's just fucked up and makes me wonder about other unspoken intentions in his poly blogs. Too often I get the impression he isn't helping, but rather attempting to make people suffer through the trials of poly for no other reason than he did.

Here's the link

although it isn't really fair to trash talk him writing without him having a chance to defend or explain himself. So I really shouldn't be hypocritical and create drama. My main point was bring up how if we are not careful, we assign negative attributes to peoples relationships when they do not exist.

It doesn't matter if our intentions are good, or passive aggressive and bitter after witnessing the success of other people with something we tried, but failed. I just meant to be careful with labels, be safe, but you don't have to drill down past bone to hit a persons nerve to make sure they aren't going to turn around and blackmail you if the friendship dissolves.

It really sucks that societies have done so much to persecute non-traditional living and how adamant they are about their hate to the point where they destroy peoples lives just because the have sex with more than one person, or just because they are LGBT, or for any reason really when living their life doesn't harm anyone. Being outed against your will can have seriously negative effects of a person's live, so caution should be used among any newcomer. But when the process of "checking someone out" involves equal levels of wrong doing, it is not a good thing. The very reason people need to be so careful, is because of all the fucked up things others will do once they aren't buddy buddy with you, but the problem is only exacerbated when you wrong a person preemptively because they might have a threat.

Veaux might not have completely deserved my trash talking, but he does more than his fair share of it, only he won't do it in a straight forward way which I think is cowardly. If somethings bothering a person enough to be bitching about it, but you can't just come right out and say it, you have no right to complain. So I don't feel bad about publicly calling him a prick. But I really need to let it go. Here is the link http://tacit.livejournal.com/371690.html

This is quite a show!!

So I don't feel bad about publicly calling him a prick. But I really need to let it go. Here is the link http://tacit.livejournal.com/371690.html

The page that came up from that link was a US political commentary. Did it open a different page than you intended? I presumed you were going to show his hate mongering regarding UH or even the science stuff that NYCindie asked about; you know, something related to this conversation (granted, I didn't read the article thoroughly, I'm not interested in political commentary, so maybe some of this stuff was tucked in there).

I'm just throwing this out here, but wouldn't it be more appropriate to express to this *villain* how much you *despise* him ... to HIM? I imagine he'd block you before long because you sound a little obsessed about hating him, but at least you could confront this black dragon of evil directly.

At the very least, since this demon is such a point of interest for you and you feel the need to rant about him here, have you considered quoting a section and actually discussing it? As it is, you're making wild, arm flailing accusations and the rest of us either just need to improve our efforts at ignoring you or chase you around trying to figure what the hell you're even talking about.

So scoop your panties out of your ass and untie that silly anarchist knot.

On a side note, I saw this and have to ask... what is the silly anarchist knot you are asking our friend here to untie?

the asshole claimed that flyash from coal buring power plants was more toxic than waste produced by a nuclear plant.

Wait, ok, I was staying out of this but then I looked at the Veaux article, and found the part where he mentions Carbon-14, and he got the stuff about coal by-products being more radioactive than nuclear waste from a Scientific American article which was quoting an actual scientist. He directly quoted the article, which he also linked to. He wasn't making it up just because he likes to lie??? I mean, I'm no expert, maybe that scientist that provided the info for the article that he quoted was wrong, but this is not a case of some asshole making up a fact for fun?

Hmm, in the comments on that post, someone corrected him on what he wrote about Carbon-14 and he admitted that he might not be accurately remembering what he learned in college, and then invited anyone to fact-check him. Doesn't sound like he's spouting bullshit and not admitting to it. He is saying he might not have it right (but the point of the article was about the different ways people frame ideas and concepts to persuade people, wasn't it?). I don't know where you got the idea that he' s a hacker, but there are lots of people out there with the ability to do that.

Furthermore, that's his personal blog, is it not? It's just a blog. Why get so heated about it? He has fans and he has detractors, and he's not the only person in the blogosphere who has a following and says controversial things. Seriously, who cares what he has to say? Personally, I don't. I've checked out his poly site a few times but don't think I've ever completely read anything he wrote. But some people dig what he writes. Big deal.

The big deal is

there is an awful lot of money made by those who are willing post Republican propaganda. Especially when it's comes across like he is liberal leaning. He is a fraud. And anybody willing to accept money to post a bunch of outright lies I don't have a shred of respect for, no matter how benign and harmless they seem.

And fortunately it will take a lot more than some right wing blogger posting as if he is liberal and spewing the garbage he does won't matter. The Republican party is still banking on the belief that voting will never be done online. Thank God for the number of people who don't get handouts or are willing to sell out and betray the trust of everyday, innocent people. Once a voting system is in place that not only encourages by allows the means so that eligible voters will register AND vote, my country and the world will no longer be for sale.

His comments were not last week, at least not saying the things you mentioned. But even if nobody had screen shots of the original content, plausible deniability doesn't excuse what the right wing media is attempting to do with the extremely well organized, unlimited budget of maintaining control.

It is not just outright fabricated "science" presented in a fashion that "Looks" legitimate, it's that it completely distorts people's perception of reality when they innocently believe propaganda.

There is nothing wrong with having an ignorant political opinion, but lying about it does in fact make it wrong, and it isn't just some idiot fake polyamorist, it is about spreading lies with intent to confuse, and confused people do very stupid things, and in general it lends to a miserable life.

It is just like real polyamory, honesty can carry people through anything when they care. Lies can destroy even the most perfect relationship as lies leave people confused and honesty enables them to understand.

Do you realize that until online voting became a reality, just how close the future of the world came to being whatever reality was dictated to The People by Businessmen who don't give a rats ass about how what the environment is like because they will always be able to afford to move to the area where is isn't ruined?

People who contribute to that side of cause, any side that is not centered in truth, ultimately damages Us all. Franklin is a manipulative prick, just like he's always been.

You sound like you genuinely do care Anabel

Wait, ok, I was staying out of this but then I looked at the Veaux article, and found the part where he mentions Carbon-14, and he got the stuff about coal by-products being more radioactive than nuclear waste from a Scientific American article which was quoting an actual scientist. He directly quoted the article, which he also linked to. He wasn't making it up just because he likes to lie??? I mean, I'm no expert, maybe that scientist that provided the info for the article that he quoted was wrong, but this is not a case of some asshole making up a fact for fun?

About what it is I sound nonsensical about, people get paid a lot of money in attempt to legitimize the assertions made by publications like Science daily dot com scientific American dot com, and Nature dot com (which used to be a legitimate scientific journal) The authors of those articles do their best to keep it technically accurate, but it is outright false. Nothing but political bullshit which is extremely expensive to legitimize and takes an enormous coordinated effort by people like Franklin who know exactly how full of crap the words are.

He isn't liberal and his seemingly pro-equal rights attitude towards LGBT people is a complete hoax. He is the typical bigoted right winger who when it comes down to it, doesn't believe in freedom other that what Republicans dictate, he gets an awful lot of money to play the part he does.

I am angry and bitter, but not for refusing the money, although it adds fuel to my fire, but because I honestly believe that most if not all the worlds problems have something as simple as dishonesty as the root cause. These are problems that I believe are easily fixed.

But I will admit I personally feel betrayed, even by people I've never met, when their truth has a price, I know how easy it is to rationalize that you aren't really doing anything wrong, they are just little white lies, and look how much better my life is now that I do not struggle to pay my bills...

well I have a completely different viewpoint.

I have to be careful what I say Marcus, and if you had been harrassed by uniformed police officers you would be intimidated too. They can and do ruin peoples lives, and I still haven't come to grips with the fact that putting a spot to it peacefully, will likely mean my life becomes a casualty. I know it is the right thing to do, to continue on like those before me, but it doesn't make it any easier when you know that they will likely retaliate and "deal" with me.

I keep praying and believing something will click and the world will come to it's senses, but I know the only right thing to do is to continue on, regardless of what will happen, because so long as I am only doing right, not hurting one, and going forwardly peacefully, I have faith it will not be for nothing. Eventually standing up for what is right will pay off, because there will eventually be a world where my children, or my children's children can live there life free from ever having worry about how can we peacefully stop those who do wrong from harming others.

Dirtcustard, you are a real piece of work. I don't know whether to laugh at you or with you.

Mod Note:

Alright....there's meandering ebb and flow of conversation and topics, but this one seems to be doing a 4x4 rally race through the Sahara....

How about we either sum it up, or get back on topic.

I have to be careful what I say Marcus, and if you had been harrassed by uniformed police officers you would be intimidated too. They can and do ruin peoples lives, and I still haven't come to grips with the fact that putting a spot to it peacefully, will likely mean my life becomes a casualty. I know it is the right thing to do, to continue on like those before me, but it doesn't make it any easier when you know that they will likely retaliate and "deal" with me.

Ah the internet... sometimes I forget how 'interesting' people out there are.

But what about the cell phone towers controlling our minds, the black helicopters and the alien robot bugs entering our navels?

II, the topic seems to be that Franklin Veaux is a false liberal, not really poly, Republican Erudite. And the police are on his side!!

From Dirt's first post:

I don't feel it's necessary to restate the potential problems that can arise from a couple looking for a third, any post tagged with unicorn, unicorn hunters, or couples privilege reiterates the possible pitfalls of the triad dynamic. That is good to point out the pitfalls, but the vilifying of a couple and ridiculing any couple desiring an addition to form a triad is the part that baffles me. And it seems to come from a set of very anonymous, extremely passive aggressive group of tech savy people who have a much exaggerated presence online as opposed to the real world as online what looks like four or fourty people can be the work of only one individual. This attitude I am speaking of is one where they attempt to use very logical and sometimes even a scientific strategy to examine poly relationships as if math equations where A + B = C therefore C - B = A and I feel that their attitude is not at all based on facts, but more based upon whatever crazy notion of the month had the most persuasive bloggers and public debators prove their logic. So they end up with logical sounding reasoning that has nothing to do with the actual assertions or points they are trying make. It is a problem that stems from forgetting that all of the subsets they break a relationship down into do not actually exist on their own, they are an aspect of the dynamics of relationships.

Last edited:
Ah the internet... sometimes I forget how 'interesting' people out there are.

Indeed, in all seriousness, I really get the feeling that there might be a "medical" situation here and it might be best to not use this person for sport. There is nothing here which could possibly convince me that the OP is of sound mind.

it might be best to not use this person for sport

I know, I know, 'don't poke the bear with a stick'.

*kicks a rock and mopes off*

II, the topic seems to be that Franklin Veaux is a false liberal, not really poly, Republican Erudite. And the police are on his side!!

And a passive-aggressive invader of people's privacy. You forgot those two things which are perhaps the most important and least appreciated of the man's qualities. In fact, he's so good at it, i can feel him reading my thoughts right now and putting them into a false database somewhere on the internet.

Indeed, in all seriousness, I really get the feeling that there might be a "medical" situation here and it might be best to not use this person for sport. There is nothing here which could possibly convince me that the OP is of sound mind.

I read that too much amphetamines can create a mental condition that is virtually indistinguishable from paranoid psychosis.

Not everyone is aware that Ayn Rand was a speed freak, as was Hitler and others whose names escape me at the moment...

Just a little anecdotal editorializing on my part. Don't let me disrupt the flow of discussion. As you were.

I am not saying he doesn't have more than one

Relationship, from his writing he seems to believe in non-monogamy. However I do not stretch the "poly" to include bigoted Right Wing views about marriage as that is more about hatred than it is love.

I am not afraid of people believe I am "interesting" or paranoid, what ignorant people think of me doesn't bother me.

Out of respect for the moderators request to finish this post, I will leave it here.

I guess i fail to see how, of all things, Tacit is promoting the "bigoted right-wing view of marriage". I thought the Republicans were in favor of marriage being between "one man and one woman". I must have missed something important recently by only watching Netflix and PBS Create instead of Fox and CNN.

I'd love to know what dirtcustard thinks about the Boston Marathon bombing, did Franklin Veaux mastermind that, as well? maybe that deserves its own thread.

Maybe it is time to just have it out and deal with it

But perhaps it should be kept within the context of how it fits into the lives of poly people.

My point is, that anybody who has problems allowing families with a same sex pair as the heads of a family's household, to the point where they attempt to force the govt. to write law that explicitly makes it illegal for gay families to benefit from equal privileges as straight committed people, will not ever be able to recognize the commitments of more than two adults at the head of a families household.

That contrary to the surface of his writing, is a very serious subtle underlying meaning which is extremely anti-poly, or at least anti-poly in regards to recognizing the legal aspects of allowing people to commit to more than one person. Because of the many ways the Constitution protects each and every citizen, and due to the fact that a person's legal rights change once they enter committed relationships, specifically marriage, these are very real and inevitable problems that poly people will be faced with in the very near future.

Because of his political views, and his extremely passive aggressive way of communicating, I do not view his writing as good advice nor a good model to follow for anybody new or looking into practicing polyamory.

I don't think Franklin had anything to do with the Boston Marathon bombing, however I firmly believe his ignorance and failure to be straight forward, are actually good examples of behavior which contribute to the problems of having a population of very confused people. It is relevant because of the fact that confusion and the problem of not understanding the facts of reality in this world is at the root of the larger problems the world faces these days.

Do you have anything you wish to seriously discuss?

A little more clarity on Tacits tactics

Because it isn't easy to explain questions like Anabel's and not look like a tinfoil hat wearing paranoid, I will make another attempt to state the tacttics of such "writers", if political manipulators can even be called that.

The lies he posts in attempt to persuade the reader (which is by definition manipulation, as people with good intentions do not resort to lying) are not at all innocent. Republicans go to great lengths in their effort to write the content for tabloid science publications such as Science Daily, Nature, and Scientific American. They don't technically lie, because it may be a fact that coal is more "radioactive" in regards to C14 and that molecule's "radioactive" decay than the highly toxic and highly radioactive nuclear waste.

Tacit and the Republican tabloid, use a very manipulative play of words which intends to deceive the reader. He writes so that you will automatically associate "radioactive" to mean highly toxic and deadly to be in contact with. However the context that flyash is more "radioactive" than nuclear waste has absolutely nothing to do with how toxic each of the byproducts are, as it is a fact that flyash is not even in the same ballpark in terms of being a toxic substance, it isn't even in the same universe. Yet because he is talking about radioactive decay, he isn't "technically" lying until he uses the term in an outright false context.

It isn't "technically" lying, it's worse, it's using your mind's logical strengths against you in an extremely manipulative way so that control over your decisions can be had against your will.

One manipulative idiot out there in the blogosphere isn't a big deal, but a coordinated and well financed political group is dangerous. Tacit tries to play it off like it is funny, as if it's just a joke, but abusive isn't funny in my book. And I do see the use of specific vocabulary in such deceitful ways as manipulative and abusive to the public as well as those who are actually well meaning who work in the industry of United States Govt.

Using publications that are not at all based on science, but rather lawyer-like grammarians who twist facts to imply whatever "fact" they want is essentially lying and manipulating the very leaders who are in charge of writing policy that my country is governed by, is despicable.

I do not believe he wasn't aware of how manipulative the term "radioactive" was, as most if not all who read his bullshit words took the word to mean toxic to life, which is an outright lie in this case.

And Marcus it isn't Franklin who I see as the evil dragon, he is just an idiot employee of said dragon. But in regards to poly, and poly rights which should be a concern of anybody who actively practices polyamory or might sometime in the future, it is imperative that you stand behind the those who are fighting the current battle for equal rights, and that is currently the fight for our LGBT family members to finally have their rights recognized and protected as the Constitution explicitly guaranteed almost 250 years ago.

Any members of our family who have their rights withheld from them, if they ever want those withheld rights to be afforded, should be very concerned about the current marriage laws. Poly rights and our success at obtaining them depends on our LGBT family members success at obtaining theirs.

Every argument against equal rights that holds any weight, will be rooted in lies, it is a simple fundamental truth when it comes to laws and rights of citizens. The ones who honestly believe that they have legitimate grievance against gay marriage are bigots. Nine times out of ten those who deny the truth aren't being honest about.

If Franklin's sites can help you, more power to you and him, I don't he is honest nor truthful in the intentions of his words. I take civil rights very seriously and those who base their writing in anything but truth hinder the movement, at least as I see things. So in my eyes people like him effectively hinder poly practicing people from being able to live openly without having being poly negatively effect their lives and the lives of their loved ones. Just because self identifies as poly doesn't mean he is helping

It is important to point out that many of the problems in poly relationships stem from the fact that they cannot live openly. The need to hide is as toxic to relationships as the nuclear waste he lies about. I wish he would think about what he writes because he is in a position to make a difference, even with the modest following he has. It is a shame he does not

Back