Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Haha. Raze, I met with an old co-worker/friend who found me on FB yesterday too. We used to be really close, but fell out of touch. I wasn't sure if I'd bring up the poly thing, as she knew me as a mono woman in a hetero relationship. But after she told me she had been having a 10 yr affair, all bets were off.

She thought poly sounded pretty cool. She had lots of questions I was glad to answer. :)

I felt a bit sickened by her being involved with another while supposedly mono with her husband. But then she told me he found out about it 5 yrs into it, and then they never discussed it again! Talk about, "Don't ask, don't tell!"

Weird.

With all those polys there are bound to be plenty of birdies too. ;)

Mono! You just about made me choke on my rice! Fortunately I had just emptied my mouth! :D

There's something you can be punished for! Making me almost choke on my supper.

Last edited:
lol Magdlyn, that was my concern when he first told me too, that they both knew.

Glad we were both able to be honest with more people in our lives. There's nothing more liberating than freeing yourself from 'secrets.' :D

@Imaginary, awww. I could really feel the emotion in reading that post. It's pretty obvious. the amount of love flowing from you to her. So beautiful. *tear*

Woohoo! Having a great time camping with Redpepper, Polynerdist, Derbylicious and husband, Geminigirl, Ariakas, Pengrah, Imaginary Illusion and wife and a whole bunch of local polys and monos. :) Woohoo!

Woohoo! Having a great time camping with Redpepper, Polynerdist, Derbylicious and husband, Geminigirl, Ariakas, Pengrah, Imaginary Illusion and wife and a whole bunch of local polilies and monos:) Woohoo!

Mono, you sound as though you are on top of the world. You usually do. I think you sound like you have found your niche in the world :D and are just giddily happy to have done so.

Have fun.

My idea of camping is going somewhere where there are no phones, no computers, a bed and room service. I want to go somewhere where I don't still have to do cooking and cleaning and someone else can wait on me for a while!

I think you sound like you have found your niche in the world :D

This was by far the most fun I have had within our community. :)

The weekend had a great turnout of old and new friends. Ariakas and Pengrah were a a gift to meet in person and we will see more of them in the future, for sure. I also got to know Gemini's partner more and was very impressed by his knowledge of all things sharp and pointy! Redpepper's brother was with us and I think he had a good time and really felt a part of his sister's life again, after a long year of wondering what his role was with this new dynamic in the family.

There was a completely inviting atmosphere for an incredibly diverse group of people. From gender identification to relationship nature, everyone treated each other with caring and acceptance. There were no arguments, but there was discussion that spawned randomly without any formal structure. There was no agenda to the weekend other than people coming together with one expectation; to feel respected, included, and free to be themselves.

It was great to see my mono friends relaxing and mingling comfortably with everyone, and I couldn't help but think that this was one of the keys to building awareness and acceptance, just being who we are without unintentionally segregating ourselves by putting all the focus on how we have relationships instead of who we are as people.

I feel more invested in the people around me than I ever have and simply had a hell of a good time laughing and hanging with everyone. :D

Thanks, Redpepper, for putting so much energy into making this happen. I love you, Lilo. :D

And thanks to all of my fellow campers on here. You guys were a blast!

Last edited:
A nice touch to the weekend

When we got back from camping we were all invited to Redpepper's parent's place for lunch. We had a nice meal and all chipped in to prepare it. Before leaving, I gave her mum a hug and she gave me a little kiss on the cheek and said "Good bye, love." I'm sure it's a common British thing, but regardless, it was a reminder of just how far we have come.:)

Then Derby & kids, Redpepper, Ariakas, Pengrah and I went to a local vegan restaurant for a nice supper and walk around our little city. Can't think of a better way to end this weekend. :D

Then Derby & kids, Redpepper, Ariakas, Pengrah and I went to a local vegan restaurant for a nice supper and walk around our little city. Can't think of a better way to end this weekend. :D

I have never had vegan food that good before. I'm going back and maybe taking my husband (although he'll have to be blindfolded so he doesn't know it's vegan). :D

What a great weekend. I am so thrilled to have made some new friends in reality.

I wish we could have spent more time with Ari and his wonderful wife, but I am being patient and realizing that there is plenty of time. There is no rush to get to know anyone. No one is going anywhere. Although I do have to say I have a bit of NRE about our friendship. HA! I'm so poly :cool:

I loved that this weekend was created out of posting an event on Facebook that simply said we were going camping and this is our site number and it would be great if others occupied the sites around us. I had no idea that others would want to come and share time with each other! We had four sites in all, about 20 people. All walks of life, but sharing in the same experience. They all took each other for who they are.

We were a motley bunch for sure, but everyone took care of each other.
No food? I will give you some.
No sleeping bag? Have this one.
I am feeling sad. Here is a hug and a listening ear.
My back hurts. Let me massage it for you.
I think this way. I respect that, and here is my opinion.

Isn't it great that we are different from one another?

So amazing. :)

I have faith in the world when blessed with the presence of such caring, compassionate, respectful, interesting and loving people. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you who read here and experienced/created this weekend with me.

It sounds like a totally awesome weekend and a perfect ending to the perfect weekend as well!

Back