Myers Briggs and polyamory.

There are a lot of "P"S mentioned I believe. Not surprisingly I have no P in my personality :) ISTJ

Last edited by a moderator:
I scanned the posts, and it does look like there is quite a LOT of NFP's, NFs and NTs.

Of course, those are interspersed with a few J's here and there just for balance.

Mono, ISTJ, it must be a difficult thing to come to some sort of logical conclusion for you - in the Military and Catholic! Wow, the rules and structure that bring you comfort HAVE been thrown out the window, huh? ;)

Anyhow, fascinating....I love the fact that I am an ENTP....big ideas, big creativity, little follow through!! :) So me!! Rules have never worked well for me....I guess that is why I am here!! :)

Thoughts?

RedPepper, any chance you can move my NEW MB Thread to here?? Thx!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mono, ISTJ, it must be a difficult thing to come to some sort of logical conclusion for you - in the Military and Catholic! Wow, the rules and structure that bring you comfort HAVE been thrown out the window, huh? ;)

!!

The combination of my mono "wiring", social background, religeous conditioning and love of stability is overcome by two things - my love for Redpepper and the relationship she has with Polynerdist.. Without those I would not be here. I am not in my natural habitat so to speak :)

Hrm, INFP for me. Apparently I'm special with only 1% of the population! :rolleyes:

As I sit at work, on the poly forum, also taking the MB test, this bit rings just a biiiiit true:
At work, Healers are adaptable, welcome new ideas and new information, are patient with complicated situations, but impatient with routine details.

:D

I'm INTP here. Been stable since my early 20's.

still ENFP, no change there... although my E and I is teetering on the edge... I could fall into either.

Apparently one of the most notable changes, as we age, is that the E becomes more I, and vica versa.

Quite a shock for me, being a VERY high E at one point, to now be seeking time and space in the cave! :)

You know, I wonder. I have had to take a NUMBER of those pre-employment "behavior tests" when I've submitted a resume. I wonder if this is a version of the Myers Briggs? Anyone know?
Anyone know what I mean? It's always the same damn test, too. Pfft.

You know, I wonder. I have had to take a NUMBER of those pre-employment "behavior tests" when I've submitted a resume. I wonder if this is a version of the Myers Briggs? Anyone know?
Anyone know what I mean? It's always the same damn test, too. Pfft.

My cousin worked for a company that specialized in those tests. Its usually a regional thing. All the tests are similar but there tends to be one or two top knotch companies that will read the test after to give the assessment. Its likely why they are the same

the tests are also industry specific usually.

I was...

"Guardian Portrait of the Protector (ISFJ)

We are lucky that Protectors make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about - their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world. Speculating and experimenting do not intrigue Protectors, who prefer to make do with time-honored and time-tested products and procedures rather than change to new. At work Protectors are seldom happy in situations where the rules are constantly changing, or where long-established ways of doing things are not respected. For their part, Protectors value tradition, both in the culture and in their family. Protectors believe deeply in the stability of social ranking conferred by birth, titles, offices, and credentials. And they cherish family history and enjoy caring for family property, from houses to heirlooms.

Wanting to be of service to others, Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden, and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Provider Guardians [ESFJs], and their shyness is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need. "

Easy says I don't love easily, but when I do, I give myself completely. I'm not sure I agree.

Does this answer the original question?

ETA: Easy is ISTJ--"Guardian Portrait of the Inspector (ISTJ)

The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld. "

Last edited:
I had written that I was an ESFJ,

but having done the full test now;
I'm an ENXJ.
The x being that I test out equal between T/F.
I tend to live life from a T perspective though.

So generally I'm an ENTJ-with moments of being an ENFJ.

Back