Why do you use the online name that you use?

Sages are wise and herbs are useful. Growing older I left behind Debbie for Deb and I feel like I'm growing into Sage.

Sage goes good with chicken...and seafood...and pasta.... and....:D

My screen names have evolved

I started out my online persona as sunflowergirl.

Then someone else used that nic - and I went to sunnygirl

At one point - I decided to go with His real life nic for me - and became beautiful wife.

Then.... he got a job in a fishing store and I became fishing widow.

On that vanilla site - someone couldn't remember my nic and said @beautifulsunnyjane I used that for a while.

THen I shortened it to sunnyjane. That's what I signed up on Fetlife as.

My vanilla profile then became ~~Jane's Addiction~~ and will remain that way :p

When my love and I took our relationship to a new level - I became his babygirl. His name is Mark - so I changed my fetlife name to marksbabygirl.... and then signed up here.

It is a reflection of who I am to him - and how I feel around him.

But I'm still Jane :) :D

Last edited:
OK, so there's an electra parrot of some sort, and also fungi that are called electra? sounds like a good name. birds fascinate me, and food fascinates me too! :)

I see how my post doesnt seem to make sense sin e it seems out of context....
but i was referring to the OP, which mentions mushrooms ;).

My name comes from my involvement in a twelve step program GOMU means god of my understanding. I believe in tolerance pretty much across the board. We all have different needs so why not allow for personal understanding of god?

I have changed mine. It used to be dazed and lost, because thats what I was. I'm no longer dazed or lost.
Now I use my old standby, 812. But you have to say each number separately, as in ate one too. The racer part comes from the fact that I love to race in the dirt, short course, desert, supermoto, TT, have even done a little bit of moto cross. Combined them and you have racer 812, me:D.

Chose mine because I'm Irish (both sides of the family) and I'm a cat person. That's about it. :)

And her tongue sticks Out

:pAlma May
is the name of my one true doll
I found her a few years ago in a cafe where they have toys for kids
I begged to keep her

she is small
blond
blue-eyed
naked
with a bean bag body
plastic arms & Legs

the SCARRIEST Clown makeup you've ever seen

she has a wicked grin
and is thinking evil thoughts

she likes to go dancing
kickboxing
and has a mermaid girlfriend named RoSa Rosario

And her name means
My SOUL

which she is

- Alma May traveling through Albuquerque

I love the name Caleb. I have loved it since the show American Gothic came out years ago. The lead on the show was named Caleb. I had a crush on him. It's just a strong name. I'm a girl with a very unusual first name (it's a male name in most countries). I used to want to name my first born Caleb... even if it were a girl. I like to think that any child of mine will have a name that is not too common but also easy to read and spell. One that translates into other languages well. I probably won't ever do it now but the name has stuck with me all these years.

Indicca is the name of my pit bull. He is loving, loyal, beautiful, and strong. If I aspire to be like anyone, it is to be as he is.

I have a different screen name I use on other (non-poly-related) forums, a blog, and groups. For this I wanted something new, unique, and that wouldn't come up associated with those things for privacy reasons.

I've always identified with the lyrics of the Sarah McLachlan song, "Elsewhere." It seemed fitting to use "myelsewhere" as a screen name. I feel like it's a tribute to finding my happy place in the poly world -- not everyone will understand, but it makes me feel more fulfilled.

"I believe this is heaven to no one else but me.
And I’ll defend it as long as I can be
Left here to linger in silence
If I choose to, would you try to understand?"

My screen name for this forum is my middle name.

Pretty cool, it is also the capital city of our dear little country New Zealand. Interestingly there are a few of us "kiwis" here now and statistically NZ has a high per capita involvement with polyamory. Unfortunately it also has a very low population so it's hard for us to find each other. (Just an aside)

As I've said before I'm Sage because Sages are wise and herbs are useful. I think there is a lot in a name, maybe they are like mantras in which case we maybe should take them more seriously?
My birth name is Debra (Hebrew for Bee) which may have been the reason I have worked too hard all my life. I feel like I'm moving into a "Zephyr" phase: I'd like to float gently through the rest of my life.

It's part of my roller derby name... :D

Ah! A badass. I always liked badasses. Are you a female badass or a male badass? Wait, that's a little intrusive. Ummmmm..........are you kidding or are you a real badass?

Back