Poly-Dating: How to meet like-minded people

Thanks! By workplace I meant people I meet throughout my work day, not work colleagues. I mean when I take breaks in the lobby and the people I meet at neighbouring offices...but anyhow, I need to reflect on your comments. Thanks!

I am lucky to be in a community where personal empowerment is looked upon as a good thing. There are so many openly poly folks here that finding someone who is open to poly is a non-issue. One of the greatest strengths is that people in my community who are mono have actually had to confront that "other things" are possibilities and decided to be mono.

Anyway, I didn't get here by accident. It was a conscious decision and a plan. I refused, and have refused, to deal with intolerant people in general. Everything I do, I am open about and have had nothing but good results from it. Someone earlier said "People don't generally wear that [poly] on their sleeve." I do, and it's been rewarding for me.

Is talking/flirting with strangers acceptable for many of you?

Hello, I am just curious.

I have a strong tendency to talk to girls that I find attractive. I have been doing this all my life (mainly when single and somewhat now as well).

Now I am in a LTR and slowly opening up the relationship but want to know about what level of liberties other people find acceptable.

From many I read here that poly came by accident or something beyond their control (such as a friendship that evolved).

In my case, I have no such relations but like to explore other avenues, not necessarily sexual but like to get intimate with other people.

Therefore, I am severely tempted to approach women in the street, supermarket, bars etc when we exchange glances, smiles etc and get their facebook etc...

This has worked for me in the past but wonder how you people would react to this?

If am very much committed to my SO but am very excited at the idea of flirting and such and meeting new people.

If my SO were to do something like this, I would probably be somewhat worried but I think I could deal with that since I now she loves me very much.

Thanks!

Well DH and I are both flirtatious people by nature. So for us it's acceptable and any SO we get with will have to accept that,

My gf (don't really thinks she needs that titlte, but what else do I refer to her as?), anyway, she's very flirty, it's in her nature. I just remind myself of that occasionally.
I can be too, I just learned not to be after being married for so long and wanting to prevent myself from having any feelings for anyone else. Fuck that :) I'm going to be me.

I have always been a flirt and always will be a flirt. Same for my ex-husband. Neither of us ever felt weird about that, flirting and having attractions is natural and healthy. Whether I'm in a mono or poly relationship, that won't change. The only difference is that, when you're poly, possibilities are there that weren't before and you can follow through and let someone know you're serious (if you are). Whatever type of committed relationship you're in, you act appropriate to the situation. Just because a relationship is now opened up doesn't mean you have to try to pick people up or nail anything that moves.

Last edited:
I am that way with certain people too. I have to reel myself back sometimes. :) I like to learn about people and try to find a common ground. I guess I am always looking for any kind of a connection.

Silly. :)

I flirt subconsciously.... Am I breathing? I am probably flirting. I generally do not mean it the way that some would think.... I do not desire any more lovers, but I do enjoy knowing that I am still attractive.

I flirt subconsciously.... Am I breathing? I am probably flirting. I generally do not mean it the way that some would think.... I do not desire any more lovers, but I do enjoy knowing that I am still attractive.

I'm the same way for the most part. I don't mean to do it most of the time, but I tend to flirt. A lot. Thankfully reality usually checks me. ;) I don't mind my wife flirting, but sometimes I've got to get her to check herself when someone takes it the wrong way.

Yeah, but that's because I don't buy into my own hype; that is to say, I don't believe I am as attractive as people say I am and unless the person flirting with me knows the real me, I am oblivious to their attentions or intentions.

The only one who can really answer that is your SO, truthfully.

For me, I don't care. If one of my partners is flirting, I'm hoping that she gets some response. I think she's amazing, having others recognize it is kinda cool for me.

Myself, I don't flirt. I've always found it annoying. I just live and do whatever. My relationships always spring from close friendships and always when I'm not looking for one, so it's just not my "weapon of choice". :)

I am a huge flirt. It comes with the terrority of being in the military and being a dancer. My gf is ok with this. I was that way before. I tend to stop when I am in a relationship but since she is poly I have free reign on this aspect of my life.

I get accused of being a flirt all the time by Redpepper. In humorous and playful way :D

I'm monogamous so I feel completely safe in chatting with whoever but I guess that could be seen as teasing as opposed to flirting.

I flirt all the time, the wife and gf find it charming, I don't know I'm doing it most of the time, jealousy doesn't work for us, so we just aren't jealous.

finding someone

i was wanting to know how do you go about finding like minded people, i have tried the poly dating sites, craigslist, social networking, going places. i have found a few but when they see im married they run far away from me.

im getting discouraged, any help here. ay suggestions would be greatly apprciated

i was wanting to know how do you go about finding like minded people, i have tried the poly dating sites, craigslist, social networking, going places. i have found a few but when they see im married they run far away from me.

im getting discouraged, any help here. ay suggestions would be greatly apprciated
try doing a search on here in the tags for "dating" and see what comes up. Other than that, look for poly friends first. Its amazing what just happens ;)

How Married Men Meet Women

Just like the title says.

My husband and I are ready to start dating. We would love to invite another woman to our family. But we realize that could take a long time. We have agreed that it would be nice to date independently too.

So we joined okcupid. We made our own profiles. I've gotten a lot of bites because I'm a girl.

He hasn't gotten any replies. He's attractive (yes I know I'm bias). He is a professional (petrophysics engineer). He has so many great qualities. I even helped him make his profile. But so far nothing.

I'm wondering if it's because the women he messages are turned off when they look at his profile and it says he is happily married in a poly relationship.

So how does a married poly guy enter the dating scene?

Has he tried looking for women who say they're poly in their profiles, maybe who are also married?

There do not seem to be very many of them.

We live in the south and there doesn't seem to be as big a crowd of poly people as in some other states.

Back