Trying to figure out what I want.

You're absolutely right :). If I think back to my past relationships I've definitely had interest in other people (especially where the relationship has gone past 12 months). I just didn't allow myself to do anything about them. Someone else said in a thread "polycurious" and perhaps that is what I am at the moment. Right now there is no one else so I feel little urgency, but that might change? Best to negotiate this stuff before anything happens though. And we are coming to an arrangement which seems to be far safer than casual one nighters.

Well, I thought I would update on my little revelation before.

Have decided to remain monogamous, but have said we can't remain oblivious to my tendencies, that I would like to be able to develop something in the future if something comes up. He agrees and said it's probably good to apply the same to him. For now I've realised I am completely happy with my man, it's still only early days for us and I want him to myself for a bit longer, without having to share my time around.

Thank you so much for your replies, you've all helped me figure out what's going on in my brain! I felt totally at peace and happy when I realised what I wanted so am confident I'm doing the right thing for me :D.

Back