Newbie stopping in to say HI

Hi everybody,

I am possibly thinking about going this route, if not in my current 8 yr relationship, then in my future ones. I guess I have always had this belief that there is no "1" person out there for everybody and maybe it is time to actually live it instead of believing it.

Currently an 8 yr relationship is coming to an end if I can't convince him that maybe this is the better route for us. Have brought it up a couple of times, but today got more serious about it. Sent him a link to a website with an actual "defination" for Polyamory and how I feel it seems to fit to our situation current and past.

Both having grown up in the "typical" monogomous families with those kinds of traditions instilled in us, I think he is just a bit frightened of the stigma with it. Also, thinking the current "other" girlfriend wouldn't go for such a notion..but also thinking he won't bring it up either. Yet she is fine with him and I still living together...but who knows what stories he might be telling her..IDK.

That is my story in a nutshell.

Let me add my welcome to the forum. I have trodden at least a part of the path you are starting out on right now, and I don't envy you - discussions like these can be very tough.

If your partner is interested in learning more, point them at this forum - there are also many other online resources where folks can educate themselves and find out just how "out there" they are.

Some people find solace in meeting other folks who are making the poly relationship style work for them - that can sometimes really help to allay the fears.

Back