OK couple looking for couple or third

jndmoore

Hello all, we are a new couple who are really interested in this lifestyle. I am 30 and she is 29 and we have 2 boys, 8 and 5 so family oriented is a major factor. We are looking for a couple and/or a third to get to know and see where it goes, we don't have any set goals other than that. The big thing is, we are NOT swingers, sex is the last thing on our mind but we are by no means against it either if the other person/couple fits us and we fit them.

Hello JND,
Welcome to our forum.

Check out the "Dating & Friendships" area (use the "Forum Jump" menu at the bottom of this page, right hand side), where I believe you can post personals. This may help you in your search (for a couple and/or third).

You seem to be a charming couple/family, and I'm sure the right person/s is/are out there for you somewhere.

Hope you'll make yourself at home here.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Yeah in hindsight I realize this sounded more like an ad than an intro. Honestly, we are not sure exactly how to go about this.....obviously we don't plan to rush into anything but it doesn't seem quite 'right' to pursue the opposite sex like single people would and we aren't the most social people. We have been married for almost 10 years now and as cliche as it sounds I heard about polyamory through an erotic stories site (I actually DO enjoy well written stories) and after throwing the idea around in my head for months and doing research I presented it to the wife and it just felt right. We have always thrown around the idea of threesomes and moresomes but TBH the purely sexual basis of those relationships never felt right. Now that we know what this life is, it seems that this is what we have been skirting around for 10 years now, but now what?

Well, besides just poking around different threads on this site (and posting any questions you might have), I can recommend this book:

Opening Up: creating and sustaining open relationships ... by Tristan Taormino.

Reading that book might give you a better understanding of things, and somewhat more of an idea of how you want to go about pursuing this poly life. It's a good book.

Remember that your poly experience is uniquely you. You can do lots of reading and studying (and you should), as well as conversing with polyamorists (e.g. through Polyamory.com here), but at some point you'll need to decide how *you* would like to pursue this lovestyle.

No need to rush; give yourself some time to ease into this thing. And if you have any questions, let me know.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back