Hi there

Hiya,

I'm from Germany, 38 y.o., biologically male genderqueer, asexual (in fact, virginal and extremely likely to remain so forever), and polyamorous, currently with one partner (R., 25, female; she isn't asexual, and during our time together, she's had one other serious 'ship, not counting short flings) in an open LDR for a bit over four years. Not sure if there's ever going to be more than one partner for me, seeing as I'm too "weird" to be compatible with more than a handful of peeps on this planet, I guess :)p), but I'm certainly open for it, as I'm personally against the whole monogamy concept both out of philosophical conviction and out of my natural inclination.

I'll most likely end up mostly lurk-reading, seeing as my sitch is probably quite seriously different from most peeps here (not many polys live a sex-free life, I suppose ;))... but I thought that at least I'd want to be known to lurk-read, so I don't feel like a creepy stalker. :p

Greets, B.

Hello there and Welcome!

There have been a few conversations re: asexuality and polyamory on here recently, often from the perspective of the non-asexual partner or the metamour of the asexual partner. I'm sure your perspective, should you care to share it, would be welcome.

Lurk, Read, Enjoy! And, if you feel so inclined, chime in.

JaneQ

Hello B,
Welcome to our forum.

You can do a search (and a tag search) for "asexual" (or "asexuality"), and you'll probably find a few relevent threads right away. Like Jane Q said, we're glad to have you aboard whether you be lurker or poster.

Glad to meet you here.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Back