Regional Poly Gatherings

River

That's right, F2F! (Face to Face)

Annual gatherings make sense, no? In spring or early summer, neither too cold nor too hot for ... maybe ... a camp out? In the woods?

Tents, food!, music, fun!

Good Idea?:p

Regions?

Northwest, Southwest, Northeast, Southeast, Great Plains...?

I'm thinking of the USA, here, but we can use this topic for the general idea, then open new topics for non-USA regional gatherings.

Could be fun. I'd vote for Minnesota as it's a good central location between states and Canada as I know we do have a few of them on here. ;P

It's also where I live, so easier for me to get to. lol

Heh! That's a long drive for me, which is why "regionals" are called for -- though it could be fun to have a big gathering from far-afield as well.

For the Southwest region? How about some place not-too-far from Santa Fe, where I live?!? It's lovely round these parts!

Sounds Great..Bit far from Oz though Im afraid. :p

Bit far from Oz though Im afraid. :p

Why not start an Oz Regional Gathering Thingy, then? You don't have to be "in charge" to start a discussion! It's just a discussion, after all! I have no intention of being in charge for my region.:p

ooh I'd love to go. Seems though we're all so spread far apart. :( And by then, I'll be in Oz too! (woohoo)

ooh I'd love to go. Seems though we're all so spread far apart. :( And by then, I'll be in Oz too! (woohoo)

The "spread far apart" thingy is why I proposed regional gatherings. Regional Poly Gatherings aren't a new concept, however! That's the good news. They have occurred, and it seems that at least some of them have been of the tent/camping/outdoorsy sort I imagined. (Lots less expensive than hotels, and more fun!)

Polyamory is now an international phenomenon. Well, I'm sure it always has been, but now it has a name and ... magazines, web sites, organizations, etc.... So one can use the internet (as we now are) to find what's already happening in our necks of the woods. But there's no reason we cannot use www.polyamory.com as a "hub" to organize our own local and regional get-togethers. I bet there are already plans to bring our kind together in Oz, the UK, the USA.... Etc. But we're not CENTRALLY organized, and are free to concoct our own gatherings, wherever we are.:) It all starts with talking. Or talking and research....:cool:

We've seen that site :) Thanks for the link. I think it would be cooler to get together with you guys... lol can you imagine all of us in person. lol would be awesome.

I think it would be cooler to get together with you guys... lol can you imagine all of us in person. lol would be awesome.

Yeah, that'd be very cool. However, realistically, there are passports, visas, and ... money(!) for plane tickets (etc.) as obstacles for the less affluent and free-timed among us.... In my own case, well, I've never even traveled outside of my own (geographically large) country. I've seen most of this vast land within my national borders, however. Not that I'm not interested..., but there are practical considerations. Therefore the "regional gathering" idea.

BUT ... if you all want to come to New Mexico...! I'll be there for sure! and will cook dinner for you all ... if you'll all pitch in with washing dishes after.:eek:

lolUnfortunately. Alot of the "groups" we have found Online are more int he major cities. :(

There is very little outside Of the capitals. :(

lolUnfortunately. Alot of the "groups" we have found Online are more int he major cities. :(

There is very little outside Of the capitals. :(

NOT A PROBLEM!

Just have a talk with the Wizard of Oz!

the-wizard-of-oz.jpg

the poster poly family? hehe Is it a quad or an N?

lol Me things Its a quad.. I mean Come on..that Lion....

Actually I was thinking Tinman and Scarecrow.

I sense a theme for this meet Jrivermartin! Great idea btw.... next summer though? Mine is full to the brim with events now! I grew up in Kenora Ontario, just north of minnesota on the north end of Lake of the Woods... planning a tri back next summer.... that would work out fine! Duluth perhaps?

Which would you all be if you were a Wizard of Oz character anyway?

I would be Dorothy, complete with singing "somewhere over the rainbow" it is one of the first songs I sang in my lessons! And I had Carin Terrier's growing up! Toto is definitely my kind of pup! I would also gather my crowd around me as Dorothy did.... and take them on a journey... yup! definitely me!:D

Ok, now I know you have all gone off the deep end and really know I'm where I belong!! I want to be one of the flying monkeys although I know the kids that work for me would say I'm the wicked witch!!! hehe!!! Why can't we have it here in Texas where everything is bigger and if you wait 10 minutes the weather will change?!;)

Poly gatherings in Australia

Hi there. I've only just joined here - I'll get around to posting an intro in the appropriate place eventually.

I just wanted to let those in Australia know that whilst there aren't any formal Poly gatherings of this type in Oz there are a number of different places where we do get together.

For example - there is a Poly Village each Easter at Confest (sort of an Australia Burning Man, but with water and trees - http://www.confest.org.au). I think we had 30+ people camping in the village plus many others who dropped in to visit. I also believe there will be a fair contingent heading to the Summer Confest this year as well (although not those of us that organise the formal village).

There are also a few things that go on in country Victoria (near Bendigo and also Wodonga).

Suggest you keep an eye out on one of the poly email lists (e.g. the PolyamoryAustralia Yahoo group).

Hope that help!

Cheers,
Chris

Back