Astrological Compatibility

MariusdeRomanus

I'm curious as to how many people on the forum look at astrology or care about their compatibility... In my party of seven, I'm a lonely little Taurus stuck on an island surrounded by a sea of water signs. It's crazy!

I am Taurus, with a Taurus rising sign. Company is Cancer with Cancer rising. Andulvar and Selene are both Cancers, but Andulvar was born on the cusp of Gemini (so he's half and half) and his rising sign is Sagittarius. Selene was born on the cusp of Leo, which is her other half, and she's Pisces rising. Thunder is a Scorpio with a Sagittarius rising sign. Ariel and Vegeta are both Pisces with Gemini rising signs. We're all fairly compatible with one another, mostly the news on that leans towards perfect.

A handful of fire, a dash of air, and a squat little bull full of earth tops off this ridiculous ocean. Anyone else look at their signs?

You're not "half-and-half" if you were "born on the cusp". It doesn't work that way. You are one sign or the other. You need to know exactly what time you were born, but it can be distinguished, and if it matters to you, it's worth going to the extra effort to find out.

Having said that, I take astrology with a grain of salt. If you want to be a stubborn Taurus and argue with me, I'm a Sagittarius and could go either way.

I'm just repeating what I've read, that's all.

Last edited:
The theory abound is that if you're born on the cusp of another sign, you could wind up with some of those sign's tendencies. It's all part of the chart determining all the houses and all that, which you're right-- you do need your birth time for. All of ours took a while...

I'm definitely stubborn, but I believe that it depends. Some people fit their sign like a glove (I'm definitely one of them, as is Company), and some people have absolutely nothing in common with their sign. It's definitely not for everyone, but sometimes it's funny to see what is in common, if anything.:)

I don't really put much stock in astrology, but

We had some long standing friends stay with us from my hometown for a week in October. One of the nights they were here, some of our other close friends came over. It hit me that of the 7 (husband and I included) people in my living room, all were Earth signs.

We have some water signs, but really very few who are not either Earth or water.

Hey!

I studied Astrology heavily for over 10 years. I still believe wholeheartedly in it, but have distanced myself somewhat based on the pre-judgement that can result if you focus on Astological traits. Since we all have so many planets and influences, and since most people only know their sun signs, I try not to jump on sun sign compatibility too often.

I'm a Scorpio with a Sag/Cap cusp rising (more sag than cap) a moon in Virgo and a sag mercury. My only aspect in Taurus is Jupiter. I love the Tauruses in my life. You peeps are laid back and cool in my book :)

If you're interested, I would highly recommend Gary Goldschneider and Joost Elffers book "The Secret Language of Relationships". Goldschneider goes by an Astrological system of weeks (Aries/Taurus cusp, Taurus I, Taurus II, Taurus III, Taurus/Gemini cusp). It is very specific and breaks down the superstructure of each sun sign into individual personality types instead of just a "big chunk of Taurus".

Thanks for your post. Really brought me back :)

@FlameKat: I don't know very much about Chinese astrology... Three of us are snakes, I have a sheep, two dragons, a horse, and a rat. The horse and the rat are supposed to be very bad together, but in their western astrology signs, they're compatible. Maybe it has something to do with the element in their Chinese sign? I should look this up more...

I used to be really into astrology in the 80s, and had lots of books on it. I read a lot of Stephen Arroyo and Liz Greene, had my trusty ephemeris, etc., and I know I calculated everything totally incorrectly, LOL!! I don't pay much attention to it anymore.

But I had my chart done years ago. I'm a double Taurus with Cancer rising. I can't believe this is all coming back to me so readily: I have Venus & Mercury in Aries and Mars in Pisces. I know I have something significant in Capricorn - I think it's both Jupiter and Saturn, that seems to ring a bell.

So, Fayerweather, or anyone else in the know, what's the first impression you get of my chart (what I remember of it)? I love seeing various interpretations.

My soon-to-be-ex husband is a Leo, but I never had his chart done so I don't know the rest. But I think his rising sign is Scorpio.

Last edited:
LOL - I have also done the celtic moon signs for us..

however they are much more complicated and are at home in Australia... I did manage to have both my sun and moon signs ruled by Mars, and I am ruled by the Hawk and the Alder (Celtic)... the others I don't know off hand :p

I find it intriguing that all three of my signs involve fire signs (Aries, Mars, Hawk, Mars, and Fire Snake) and I am a redhead :p

I used to be very firey, and am finding (slowly) that passionate side of myself again...

@nycindie: I wouldn't call myself in the know, but I'm curious to see if I have it somewhat right. What you laid out looks to me like you're a steadfast person with a sensitive side, and a lot of passion. I don't know a whole lot about what Capricorn does for a person, they tend to stay well away from me.

Hi, I think that's a pretty close description of me. I am very sensitive, but it isn't obvious to everyone (that prob. has something to do with Mars in Pisces). Mostly, the thing about having Sun and Moon in Taurus with Cancer rising, is that I am very stubborn and don't like to do anything unless I really feel like it. I can't tell you how many weeks I can avoid doing laundry! I am a huge procrastinator. But when I'm passionate about something I can delve deeply and handle every little detail.

I think compared to most people on here I'm borderline obsessive on astrological compatibility. I always pull out my trusty Linda Goodman, "Love Signs." Everyone I read the chapter to says it is exactly like their relationship.

But I agree with Fayerweather and I don't like to pre-judge a relationship. Every relationship needs to be allowed to do its own thing.

For years I've always had a difficult time with the Scorpio's in my life and then I ended up marrying one. We are complete opposites, the way we think the way we talk. But the relationship couldn't be more perfect. When we stop trying to make the other person better, we really really compliment each other. I'm an Aries with Sag rising and he is a Leo rising.

I don't really believe in any astrology stuff, but just for giggles I am a Scorpio in 'Western' astrology, and I am a Year of the Pig (or Boar) in Chinese astrology.

i thought my whole life i was an aries,nothing ever matched me didnt seem to fit any traits.im on the cusp of picses. so then i get a vedic astrology reading,which is eastern based,i learn that im actually picses, i start looking at this and rediscover myself,every thing fits.
but, i think compatibility comes from more of an awarness of yourself than from an astrology reading.

I'm a Pisces...but outside the "degenerate" part?? Laugh..not much of a romantic, dreamer :) I did read, however, once that a Piscean female is the most desired partner in the zodiac...right up there with the Scorpio male.

So..I've always been kind of curious as to how I'd be with a Scorpio male..just for fun :)

mom and dad

i come from some pretty deep watery places. my mom was a pisces my dad a scorp. and i have read that if a pisces woman meets a scorp man,that she should run away run like hell lol ,unless of course you like the cruel passion of such a man. i love scorpio people,and for some reason i attract them or they attract me. i think any of us water signs are great lovers,cuz we're in touch with those emotions and so very giving selfless lovers we are.
i just know that i can pick certain things out of a persons personality and guess their sun sign about 80% of the time. but its all much more complicated than that. i only use it as a guide,but dont judge it or run away,except for leos we dont get along that well.

Yep. Very into it.
I am an Aries. Hubs is Scorpio. 2Rings is Pisces. KT is Scorpio. 2Rings mom did our charts...very telling compatibility charts between the two of us...kind of indicated a "destiny" type relationship. Also indicated it will take alot of work but that it would be a life-changing, very spiritual relationship. DUH!

i don't live directly and at 100% astrology for life and unions, but i see this work has a lot to do on every-week meditations. for me i read my sign and the sagitarius too even if it is not mine and i don't have any partner born under that sign; it simply fits me :) (my sister, for instance, reads the whole page saying there's always a lot to See beneath those lines..)

http://freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/

I very much care about astrology. I am Libra and my male partners are Aries and Sagittarius while my female partner is Scorpio. I have never had luck with Scorpios in the past mostly from the lack of communication but she's very good about talking about her feelings and not hiding things. There is a tad bit of a jealousy that I dont care for on her part. for instance my husband and I have a lot of female friends who love to hang all over us, I know that makes her uncomfortable.

i usually steer clear of water and earth signs altogether but Im making an exception for her :)

Last edited:
Back