What did you do today that made you smile?

Went to the lake with the family to beat the heat. Had sno cones in town. Made ice cream (delicious!!). Yeah, it was a really great day!

Rescued a baby bird that had fallen out of it's nest in a pole bird house. We're going to feed it and take care of. Hopefully it'll survive until it's ready to fly! It's a little Robin :)

Rescued a baby bird that had fallen out of it's nest in a pole bird house. We're going to feed it and take care of. Hopefully it'll survive until it's ready to fly! It's a little Robin :)

Advice : Keep it warm,( they cant keep proper body temperature by themself) and give it small, frequent feedings. Good Luck.

Advice : Keep it warm,( they cant keep proper body temperature by themself) and give it small, frequent feedings. Good Luck.

Warm is not a problem for us right now lol. It's 10:43pm here and still 101 degrees F!! :( This has been the HOTTEST summer ever for us. I work outside 2 days a week for a local company that does yard maintenance for pets and found the little one in one of the yards (glad the dog wasn't out). It's a baby Robin. When I found it, it was 107 degrees F and later got up to over 110 before I got home. We've already been giving it droplets of water and mashed up worms. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get a hold of a wildlife preserve to see if they can take over the care, as we're getting ready to move out of state in a few weeks and don't think it's a good idea to move a wild animal with us. Our guess is that it's only 2-3 weeks old (doesn't have all it's feathers yet).

We all had a lot of fun mashing up the first worm earlier LOL. It turned into a bet of who would chew up the worm for it (GROSS, but I live in a house full of guys, J and our 9 and 12 year old sons). The boys chickened out and decided it wasn't worth the money. So, J did it!! He earned $20 and immediately threw up afterwards. It was so funny!!! We got it all on video :) My favorite quote from our 9 year old during this was, "I'm gonna smack you with this worm!" I almost died. :p

1st.....Kandy got her test results back...and does NOT have cancer! :D YAAAAAY!

2nd......Went out tonight and met a new woman. :) She's really nice, and SO much like my wife it's uncanny. :p Very pretty...big up top, big down low, and big in the heart. She is well spoken, and seems to know when to get mean, and when to stay nice. I like her. My wife likes her.

It was a pseudo date though. :( Her plans fell through for the evening, and so she "settled" on meeting up with my wife and I for coffee. She claims to not be "poly", but is open minded enough to not discount it or push me off because of it. :) I think I have a new friend. NOT GIRLFRIEND........but a new friend.

Last edited:
Went to our friend's wedding, discovered another friend was officiating, got drunk and danced with Runic Wolf. Would still be dancing now, but Runic Wolf has to work at 8am.

Finally sober enough to fall asleep. Got to talk to Wendigo for a bit, it was nice and he was sounding better than he has the last couple of times we've talked this week. Now to go cuddle with Runic Wolf. :D Today was a good day!

Last edited:
We had a night of us. We played Super Mario Bros Wii all night. And since I haven't been able to sleep lately, all morning as well. It's 9am and off to bed with us!

Back