n00b to sharing romance

wishingATX

Hi all! :~)

n00b to these forums as well as polyamory..
I'll keep this brief as it is just an introduction.

Soo.. I'm a young, open-minded, fellow who met this girl who has introduced me to the loving world of polyamory. Admittedly, I was skeptical when I first heard about it, but being my naturally curious and open-minded self I thought I would give it a try.

In theory, it is perfect, but in practice, I have experienced emotional issues. I'll create a separate thread for this, I think.

Anyways, hello to all and keep the love a flowin'! Thanks for having me, I look forward to many enlightening conversations here.

Greetings wishingATX,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I checked out your other thread, it looks good and there is some excellent advice there. I added my own advice which you can check out, but basically I think you just need to be extra clear about your boundaries and then stick to your guns. Sometimes that means ending the relationship, other times it means accepting that the other person is going to need your firm but gentle reminders/insistences. Up to you.

I hope you'll continue posting, letting us know how things are going, and sharing thoughts and asking questions along the way. There's a lot of good collective wisdom you can tap into on this site (IMO).

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back