Why do you use the online name that you use?

there are quite a few new users lately so I thought I would unearth this thread, in hope of response.... people chose the most fascinating names!

Mine is Redpepper and the story behind it is that I was having an emotional LDR with a man who is also a redhead. He used another veggie for his on line name and he suggested that I use redpepper for my name on Fet life, as I was starting an account. I didn't end up using that but decided to here.

I wish now that I hadn't used the name I did on Fet life as it is the only one of it's kind out there and at least redpepper is harder to google... you get a lot of red pepper recipes.... fine with me!

Anyway, I would change everything to this name if I could as it suits me somehow, or have I become someone because of it.... don't know.

It's funny because my nicknames in real life are far more soft and squishy.... kinda lovey and endearing. What does that say??? I'm a hard ass redhead when redpepper and not so much in real life? :confused: HA, you'll have to guess on that one... Mono would know. Probably a little of both..

If I had to pick a name for Mono that would suit him in real life it would be "schooner" as it's his fighting name. Or maybe "the littlest Hobo" as he saw himself like that at one point... or "sherpa" as he tends to carry all the stuff while the core primary family walks ahead (his choice I have to add!).

I wonder what he would pick for me?

My husband would be "mushroom" as he is a mushroom geek... always researching, picking, growing, getting together with a local mychological society... or maybe "fuzzy" as he was called that in high school due to his ultra curly blond hair.

Anyway, would love to here others?:D
cool to read this back... some stuff has changed. I use redpepper or pepper minx for just about everything now on line. Pepper minx is my burlesque name. I guess that isn't on line. My mistress name is redpepper in real life too... okay, maybe more than on line? :rolleyes:

I have become my name now and although I have thought of changing it a few times to start fresh after hard times, it seems important some how to battle through and add the empowerment I get from the experiences I get while using my name.

Last edited:
I'm a self-confessed couple hunter, but unlike the mythological WHITE unicorns, I encourage also non-virgins to come closer, braid my mane and maybe give me an apple to munch on while at it. So, no previous sexual history-based discrimination in my corner of Unicornia.

I almost always use JenzZx2 for everything. I'm an auto enthusiast and that was my first car that I started modifying, and it also is what brought my husband and I together! However, I was slightly concerned about how it would come up in searches (not that many people search for me, haha).

So I went with JenAgain. A) because I had to make up another screen name.. again. B) there are 1398562309483 Jen's in the world. I'm just another. :)

Voila.

My name

"ladyintricate" is from an e. e. cummings poem which I will post for you. I have honestly been using this name online since I was in high-school (31 now!) :eek:

I love poetry in general and this name is great because it is pretty much NEVER taken by someone else.

Enjoy the poem! :cool:

if i have made,my lady,intricate
imperfect various things chiefly which wrong
your eyes(frailer than most deep dreams are frail)
songs less firm than your body's whitest song
upon my mind-if i have failed to snare
the glance too shy-if through my singing slips
the very skillful strangeness of your smile
the keen primeval silence of your hair
-let the world say "his most wise music stole
nothing from death"-
you only will create
(who are so perfectly alive)my shame:
lady through whose profound and fragile lips
the sweet small clumsy feet of April came
into the ragged meadow of my soul.

poetry

that's a pretty good poem ladyintricate. i like the line

your eyes (frailer than most deep dreams are frail)

it snagged my attention. have a good day!

Thanks Catbird! I like your avatar picture.

The other reason for my name is that it can be taken to mean that I am complicated...which I am. lol.

I chose to use one of my names just for the poly boards (for privacy reasons)... and the 101 was kind of a throwback to college, 101 for introductory courses... as I am new to the poly life I thought 101 was appropriate, I'm still learning.

I chose to use one of my names just for the poly boards (for privacy reasons)... and the 101 was kind of a throwback to college, 101 for introductory courses... as I am new to the poly life I thought 101 was appropriate, I'm still learning.
We have a local group called poly101 for the same reason. ;)

1) I grew up in a right-wing family... and have come far from that.
2) (Obviously) a critical comment on the mindbend idea of there being a "Mr. Right" for any given woman. ("Someday my prince will come!")
3) Decades ago a certain woman fell in love with me... and then - once we were a "couple" - almost immediately tried changing me into her "Mr. Perfect".
I wrote her a poem (never showed it to her) with the opening lines:

If you're looking for Mr. Perfect,
What the hell are you doing here?!
There's no-one here by that name:
I'd have thought that was pretty clear.

Short for Nepenthe, "that which chases away sorrow." Also a magical potion that cures sorrow through forgetfulness (not that I approve of that), referenced in the Odyssey.

Also refers to Nepenthes, a genus of carnivorous plant, particularly Nepenthes Miribilis, the common swamp pitcher plant. Mirabilis means wonderful.

So, um... wonderful potion of forgetfulness... that eats bugs...

Um... yeah.

The usual name I've been using online for years was unavailable, so I decided to use this shortened form. Honestly surprised this name wasn't already taken. Most of the people I talk to online call me 'ghost' or 'ghostie' anyway, so it works as well as anything. :)

Short for Nepenthe, "that which chases away sorrow." Also a magical potion that cures sorrow through forgetfulness (not that I approve of that), referenced in the Odyssey.

Also refers to Nepenthes, a genus of carnivorous plant, particularly Nepenthes Miribilis, the common swamp pitcher plant. Mirabilis means wonderful.

So, um... wonderful potion of forgetfulness... that eats bugs...

Um... yeah.
A forgetful bug eater. That is awesome!

I wish I could say I had some intriguing story for my screen nick. I usually go with "girlzone", a lyric from a Tori Amos song (Caught A Light Sneeze), but I guess I had Buffy on the brain, and "girlpatrol" came out.

Not that Buffy isn't also awesome. Except I'm not patrolling graveyards so much as internet forums. And, also, not looking to slay. More or less looking to meet. So I guess "girl patrol" works in that respect, too. :)

Just realized that I never actually posted mine in here - I meant to, but kept forgetting. LOL.

Well, I didn't want to use my normal online handles, but still wanted to be true to myself and my personality still. I love astronomy and I'm a pagan, so my mind immediately went to the stars and moons. It took me a while, but I settled on ArgentLuna, which is the Latin translation for Silver Moon.

Most of my handles have some form of the Moon in it. That's because I have a connection to the moon. It's beneath the light of the moon that I am most... aware of all around me. There are words that describe me better than silver, but those are too closely connected with my other handles! LOL.

Seems simple, but it was actually hard to come up with something that DIDN'T point to my other handles! :D :rolleyes:

ArgentLuna

It came from a song Called" Kayleigh" My middle name is Leigh and when I was in high school my boyfriend called me Kayleigh which got shortend to Kay so there got it lol

Drgnmastr1 is derived from a name used by the Army’s 159th Aviation Regiment, “Dragon Master”, and of which I was a member a number of years ago. The “1” designated that I was their Personnel Officer (S-1).

My avatar is Ignatz Mouse taken from the Krazy Kat cartoon strip.

To quote my friends at Wikipedia, “The strip focuses on the curious love triangle between its title character, a guileless, carefree, simple-minded cat of indeterminate gender (referred to as both "he" and "she"); the obsessive antagonist Ignatz Mouse; and the protective police dog, Offissa Bull Pupp. Krazy nurses an unrequited love for the mouse. However, Ignatz despises Krazy and constantly schemes to throw bricks at Krazy's head, which Krazy misinterprets as a sign of affection. Offissa Pupp, as Coconino County's administrator of law and order, makes it his unwavering mission to interfere with Ignatz's brick-tossing plans and lock the mouse in the county jail.”

castalia was (by one search) an oracle in the order of delphi and after searching again i found that she was a nymph who jumped into a fountain to escape apollo, the fountain was later named after her.
either way it fits, i am a very intuitive person but often wonder if i am just full of hot air :p and water is my most loved escape from the stresses of the world.
i've never really had a nickname, but have often been told i have a fireball personality:D

i also discovered a love for greek mythology this year so wanted to incorporate that and liked that the name could be shortened to cassy.

Last edited:
I think that the reason I picked questioningperson as my username is because ever since I've been a kid in middle school I've always questioned things like crazy, and with most kid when they hit pre-teen age or whenever they stop the excessive questions.

With me that just hasn't been the case I've got this weird quote and I'm not sure if an adult ever told me this or I made it up in my little head at the time but its this: "always question things like crazy because somewhere you might just find an answer to it" but I just thought that this username would fit my personality perfectly and that it was deep and unique all at once so I thought why not express all that with two words combined and it's perfect for what I question with this though that last thought didn't pop into my head at the time I was registerstrating.

Last edited:
Mine screen name is AlexieNichole and it somewhat stands for Alexandra Nichole(nicholas). Alexandra and Nicholas Romanov. the last tsar and tsarista of imperial russia

one of my interests.

AlexieNichole

Back