View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 01:35 PM

This is your husband. In theory, one of the closest persons to you. If you cannot ASK things, what kind of closeness are you helping to cultivate? If you keep things from him, what kind of closeness are you helping to cultivate? If he creates a fearful environment where you can't come to him because he is in the habit of having a cow, what kind of closeness is he helping to cultivate?

I suggest you ASK, let him digest, and then you digest whatever the answer might be and then go from there.

"Could you be willing to talk to me about me dating Friend at this time or any other?"

a) "Yes" -- hoooray, then talk about how to go about it more deeply. Take your time -- it's probably a series of conversations.

b) "No" -- bummer, then handle disappointment and move on to letting go of the want to date Friend, since you state you want to remain with husband. At least you asked and now you know.

c) "No" -- bummer, then handle the disappointment and move on to letting go of the want to stay with husband. (I know you aren't into this option, but for sake of completeness, I'll list it.)

d) N/a -- because you give up wanting to ask and don't ask. (I guess you aren't into this option, because why would you post otherwise? But for sake of completeness, I'll list it.)

I'd go with asking what his thoughts are and dealing with the response -- whatever it is.

Galagirl

Last edited by GalaGirl; 03-22-2014 at 09:03 PM.