Sharing Details of Relationships/Sex

If you dont share how else can the bring home new thing to spice up your own sex life...To me that is a bonus
Not every couple even has an own sex life to be spiced up. ;)

Some people do not have the same sexual tastes.

Opalescent, I was talking about my boyfriend re: comfort zone, not all people in general. I wouldn't encourage someone I'm not involved with to share things with me they didn't want to

If you dont share how else can the bring home new thing to spice up your own sex life...To me that is a bonus
You can suggest trying X without explaining with diagrams and sound effects that you did X with Bob last night and how much he liked it.

HappyCouple75, your choice of font colour makes your posts difficult to read, particularly for someone with vision problems. Please choose something with better contrast against the background.

How much information is too much?

How much detail do you want as far as the sexual relationships of your partners do you want/need? I finding that I'm fine just knowing that it happens and don't go looking for details. I'm also very cautious not to refer to sexual experiences with a partner with their other partners. I'm also finding though, that this seems to be the exception. Others seem to want to give much more detailed information.

I suppose there is a tinge of jealousy for me in hearing it all. But mostly, it's about privacy. I like the idea that there are some things in each relationship that are "sacred." Hmm...pondering.

I don't mind knowing that my GF has sex with her husband, I don't even mind knowing when she has sex with her husband. I don't need details beyond that though.

I don't generally share details, and don't ask for them - if a partner shares details that seem private, I'll usually ask if it's OK with their other partner to have that information shared with me. If any intimacy related details are being shared, it tends to be factual stuff about bdsm, and not sex. That said, I have no problem hearing or sharing details _most_ of the time if all parties are comfortable with that - there are certainly times I've wanted to share something but haven't because I haven't asked if it was OK. There are certainly times I've been nosy and wanted to know too, but it's not my place to be a voyeur if not asked, IMO. I will say I'd probably be more likely to share more details in some cases if I engaged in casual sex, but since my partners are all long term partners, I try hard not to overstep boundaries in that area. In your case if you want privacy and ask for it, that should be respected, and if you don't want to hear about things, that should be respected too.

Wouldn't give it and wouldn't share either. It makes me very uncomfortable, I believe in privacy and I would not be comfortable knowing my sex life was being discussed or being used as a sex aid for another relationship.

Nooooo thank you.

Back