Random Chitchat

River

This thread is for random chitchat (on any topic, either related to polyamory, this forum, or otherwise).

It is, however, not a place for posting unwanted spam or commercial advertizing.

I've been noticing that even before I log in, my username, jrivermartin, seems always to be counted among those who are online at the moment. I don't know why this is. But you all may think I spend more time in this forum than I really do!

Me too....

Think it's because I have the box ticked for the forum to remember me?

forget_me_not_.gif

Just Me,
Tim

Where's that box?

Here box ... here box ...

If I'm logged out (which it never seems to do anymore) the box is right next to your login name and password box in the upper right hand corner.

With it checked it just says Welcome, WaywardDruid up there. I can see the box if I come to the page with another browser that I'm not logged in with. :)

Just Me,
Tim

I figured this belonged in chit chat? So I live in NYC and N keeps saying we should go to the upcoming Poly pride weekend. But I'm going to be 8 months pregnant! I don't mind the being poly and having kids thing, but being poly while carrying a baby and not currently in a poly relationship? He says maybe I'll meet a terrific woman. I say even if I do she'll rub my belly and I'll forever be seen in the light of "mommy" and not "woman". I don't know. It seems a weird first impression even though I'm not looking for relationships. Any thoughts? Am I just silly?

You're just silly.

I'd not assume: "she'll rub my belly and I'll forever be seen in the light of "mommy" and not "woman"."

As for "not currently in a poly relationship" -- I consider myself in a poly relationship, even though Kevin & I are a garden variety same-sex couple at the moment. We're both poly, anyhow. And that makes us a poly couple -- open at any time to having others involved in our lives. So I figure anyone in a relationship, including a couple relationship, is still in a poly relationship.

I had to go digging for your "Introductions" page to confirm my memory that you were part of a couple, XYZ. How come you don't have a Personal Summaries page?

Any thoughts? Am I just silly?

You may be silly, though I don't know what it would have to do with this. Curly tells me I'm a goof and I really don't think everything I do is goofy. Unless...is there something y'all aren't telling me?

Anyway, I don't think you'd get pigeon-holed in the "mommy" box unless you're given to trying to mother everybody all the time. It's only if you can't step away from "mommy" to be "wife" or "friend" or "lover" or "architect" or whatever that a problem could arise.

Nicely put, Crow.

Thank you guys. Now I truly feel silly! lol

I guess what I was trying to get at is I'd like to be seen as just ME in a first impression. Not this big, waddling, sweaty woman with heartburn. Though I guess that is ME at the moment. lol

I have to write a summary. I keep meaning to get to it but I never seem to. I have tomorrow afternoon free though so watch for one if you like.

I guess what I was trying to get at is I'd like to be seen as just ME in a first impression. Not this big, waddling, sweaty woman with heartburn. Though I guess that is ME at the moment. lol

You'll be more apparently who and what you are when you let go of "first impressions" as so dang important, or crucial. Self-consciousness makes us all sweaty! -- with heartburn. So the paradox stands: to be yourself, let go of yourself.

Hey, where'd e'rbody go?

Back