Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

My idea of camping it going somewhere where there are no phones, no computers, a bed and room service. I want to go somewhere where I don't still have to do cooking and cleaning and someone else can wait on me for a while!

This version of camping was as remote and disconnected as I could do. I would do it again, but I was running around looking for a way to charge my phone the entire time

I will give me interjection when I get to a connection not being on the ferry :)...

When we got back from camping we were all invited to Redpepper's parent's place for lunch. We had a nice meal and all chipped in to prepare it as a family. Before leaving I gave her Mum a hug and she gave me a little kiss on the cheek and said "Good bye Love". I'm sure it's a common British thing but regardless it was a reminder of just how far we have come.:)

Then Derby & kids, Redpepper, Ariakas, Pengrah and I went to a local Vegan restaurant for a nice supper and walk around our little city...can't think of a better way to end this weekend :D

Mono,

Who's vegan? And there's not only a poly group there, but a vegan restaurant?

Christie, contemplating re-location

(Relax, DW, if you read this. You know I hate moving!)

Mono,

Who's vegan and there's not only a poly group there, but a vegan restaurant?

Christie, contemplating re-location ;-) And relax DW, if you read this, you know I hate moving!

Redpepper and PN are vegetarian. I'm omnivore but eat a lot of vegetarian food. We all like vegan food. It's actually really good and the desserts are yummy!

We've got a pretty big poly community, relative to our city size. There is a tonne of vegan/vegetarian interest so there's a pretty healthy market catering to that.

Maybe just visit?

Last edited:
Compersion

I'm so excited and so proud of myself!

I met my partner less than 5 months ago, but it was like love at first sight. He's married and had several other lovers at the time. Really quickly, he told me he considered me a life partner, not just another lover. Even though he's the only one I'm with, that's only for right now. I'm open to having others and would LOVE to have my own primary.

But anyway, he said something candidly last week. A day or so later, when reliving that moment, the light bulb of compersion went off!

He was at a 4 =-day workshop out of town, and I knew he'd connect with this one gal. I just knew it. Finally, I realized that didn't take anything away from what we have!!!

So today, we're on the phone as he's driving back (7 hr drive) and he tells me they were intimate. It didn't bother me!!!!! He was a little shocked, I must add. But I said, "I knew that would happen, but I also know it doesn't change or take anything away from us." WOW!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of myself. I just had to share it with y'all!!!!

P.S. This is my first poly relationship!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm so excited & so proud of myself! I met my partner less than 5 months ago, but it was like love at first sight. He's married and had several other lovers at the time. Really quickly, he told me he considered me a life partner, not just another lover. Even though he's the only one I'm with - that's only for right now. I'm open to having others & would LOVE to have my own primary.
But anyway -- he said something candidly last week -- a day or so later, when reliving that moment -- the light bulb of compersion went off! He was at a 4 day workshop out of town & I knew he'd connect with this one gal -- I just knew it -- finally - I realized - that didn't take anything away from what we have!!! So today, we're on the phone as he's driving back (7 hr drive) and he tells me they were intimate. It didn't bother me!!!!! He was a little shocked, I must add -- but I said I knew that would happen but i also know it doesn't change or take anything away from us. WOW!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of myself - I just had to share it with y'all!!!!

PS This is my first poly relationship!!!!!
YAY! Clap, clap, clap! Aren't those breakthroughs just wonderful?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back