Michigan Couple Here!!

malosc

Hello everyone!

My name is Malissa and I am 31. My husbands name is Oscar and he is 32. We live in Michigan with our children. We have been together for 11 years (married for 3). I am bisexual and he is straight. We have been interested in entering into a polyamorous relationship for a long time now. We love each other very, very much and want to share our love with another woman.

A little about our appearance......

I am multiracial (Black, Mexican, Native American, French) and he is Mexican. I am a full figured woman and try to keep it sexy. He is in great shape. We both have dark hair and deep brown eyes. We both have full, kissable lips and warm, sexy smiles.

We are both drug and disease free. He is a smoker, I am smoke free for a little over a year. We are both social drinkers. I am a stay at home mom and he works in retail.

Thank you for taking the time to read our little introduction. We look forward to hopefully connecting with and learning from many of you!!

Last edited:
If you're here to find a "third," a "woman to share" who has to like your kids, but not let them know she's your sex partner, who won't be introduced to your friends and family (be "discreet"), who must be equally in lust with both of you, you are unicorn hunters.

Please read this article about the hazards of unicorn hunting:

http://davidlnoble.livejournal.com/176039.html

Welcome! Definitely take a look around, do a tag search for 'triads', 'unicorns' and all of that. If you want to meet up with more poly people there is a yahoo group for Michigan poly. They have monthly meetings, lunches, game groups, and informational things. Mostly down south near Detroit and Plymouth but we've made it a couple of times to a game night and had fun!

You will get a lot of eye rolling with the idea of 'adding' someone to your relationship and I really urge you to give it some thought. My husband and I have been together more than 20 years, married 19, are in our late 30s and it's just never occurred to us to 'add' someone to our lives. Our relationship is ours. Now the one I have with my boyfriend is ours as well! When you date, you kind of want to get to know the PERSON you are dating so one on one typically works best.

Thank you Vixtoria! I guess the interest is mostly in finding a girlfriend for myself. My husband doesn't demand that he be involved in the relationship, but I'd wanted to put that possibility on the table from the start. Shows how new to this I really am :confused: I understand dating on my own, a bit of advice I really appreciate! Anyhow, thank for the warm and informative greeting!

P.S. Know of anything closer towards West Michigan??

You would have to join the group and ask how many people are in your area. I know it's around a 2 hour drive for us to get down to Detroit and they have told people if you want a meeting in your area, start one! Just keep at it till more people show up! There are people on the list from all over, so you can still get some feedback, I just know the main meetings are done there

Greetings Malissa (Oscar too),
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I hope you guys find some West Michiganders to mingle with, and that you find a good partner for you as well. In the meantime there's lots to see and do here; also I recommend posting (and reading) in the Dating & Friendships subforum.

It's good to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Alternatively OP, there is another Michigan couple with a bisexual female searching and joined recently too, why not consider contacting them, I always feel if every BiFSM couple reached out to each other than you would have far fewer frustrations.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69429

Seems like such a good solution, right? Unfortunately, generally, it seemed to me it's because they want a unicorn (for OP/new folks: a single, polyfi situation in which the "additional" female is expected to only date one or both members of the couple). There are exceptions, of course, but many/most of the couples I've run into don't want the "complication" of more than one "additional" person, so no outside dating for the unicorn, and certainly no committed relationship/marriage! :( (yeah, a little bitter, I admit it)

We appreciate the the help and I'm happy to report that we may have found what we are looking for. Of course it's still very new, so only time can tell. But we couldn't be happier at the moment. Thank you to everyone that replied.

Well, I don't know if it's too soon for a congrats, but I'm glad to hear this in any case.

Back