Looking in North Carolina

Cass0210

I really don't even know where to start! I am nervous, and a tad bit embarrassed! I have been in a monogamous relationship for over 5 years now, and something is missing. I am now looking to bring someone else into the relationship, and just like I said before I really don't know where to start.

Well, a good place to start, if you haven't already, would be to talk with your spouse.

However I will warn you of something - I don't know what you feel is "missing", but one of the things folks advise strongly against is the idea of "relationship broken, add more people" - it never works.

Could you talk more about your situation and what you have discussed with your spouse?

Well I think I may have worded that wrong after re reading it and reading your response, we are not in trouble we have had many ruff patches and for the past year and a couple of months have been really good!!!!! I feel like I have a lot of love, and I love being in love, and those feelings you get that go along with it!!! What we discussed was maybe bringing in a straight male into our relationship and see if it suits us, we don't want to get into our reasonable rules until we see if we can find someone and see if that person has rules too!!! I don't know if it's going to work just by like it bet many statRting out didn't know but we re willing to see if it works and to see I we like it!! That's all I know fit now is there anything I should be thinking bout???

There is a Charlotte meetup group you may want to join if you are looking for like minded people to talk to. I know some of the members, it seems like a pretty cool group.

That is understandable. I had the advantage of knowing some of the members beforehand. It is a good group though, very friendly, open.

Hello Cass,
Welcome to our forum.

I think you'll find that the members here on Polyamory.com are also friendly, and you can go here for information, support, venting, etc.

Just take it a little at a time and don't rush yourself. There's a lot of things to read on these boards that might be helpful to you.

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back