Hello!

KeithNeo

I just wanted to introduce myself to this community.

I am 52 years old, twice divorced and in a polyamorous relationship with my best friend and his wife. All of my previous relationships have been monogamous so this is my first time in this type of relationship.

I joined here to get a feel for other poly relationships and maybe some advice about working through some of the bumps.

:)

Greetings KeithNeo,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You've come to the right place for getting a feel for other poly relationships and getting advice. Have a look around and see what calls to you, don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks! This is all new territory for me, but my currently relationship feels so right to me I know I am on the right path

Hi Keith - welcome to the Forum! We have lots of experienced poly folks here who are generally friendly and helpful. The Poly Relationships and General Poly Discussion sections are very active - and you will likely get good responses to any specific questions that you have.

Your specific situation - an MFM "V" - with the woman as the "hinge" and the men as the 2 legs (both involved with the woman, but not with each other) seems to be a fairly common and stable arrangement based on discussions that we have had on the forum. The consensus seems to be that women make better hinges, and do a better job balancing two relationships (the sexual implications are obvious) - whereas men make better legs and tend to share better than women do. Obviously this is not always the case, but there are some solid examples here on this forum to that effect. (And fyi - if the men are also romantically or sexually involved, then it is termed a "triad" - as in a triangle vs a V).

And it is in contrast to the popular general public perception that polyamory is often a "unicorn" scenario with a married couple involved with a hot bi babe - which does exist but apparently not as common as believed.

Best of luck on your journey! Al

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome and the info too! I have quite a bit to learn and I am hoping this will help me!

Hi Keith - welcome to the Forum! We have lots of experienced poly folks here who are generally friendly and helpful. The Poly Relationships and General Poly Discussion sections are very active - and you will likely get good responses to any specific questions that you have.

Your specific situation - an MFM "V" - with the woman as the "hinge" and the men as the 2 legs (both involved with the woman, but not with each other) seems to be a fairly common and stable arrangement based on discussions that we have had on the forum. The consensus seems to be that women make better hinges, and do a better job balancing two relationships (the sexual implications are obvious) - whereas men make better legs and tend to share better than women do. Obviously this is not always the case, but there are some solid examples here on this forum to that effect. (And fyi - if the men are also romantically or sexually involved, then it is termed a "triad" - as in a triangle vs a V).

And it is in contrast to the popular general public perception that polyamory is often a "unicorn" scenario with a married couple involved with a hot bi babe - which does exist but apparently not as common as believed.

Best of luck on your journey! Al

Back