Your most recent OKC messages. post em here!

Oh man. I have to get back on OKC. I need more amusement in my life!

My latest message (this was the first and only message he sent): "how often do u wash?"

Creepy.

Last edited:
Oh, and this one was quite amusing for a first message: "Hi, do you have a driving licence? If so, do you mind if I ask a favour?"

Yeah, sure, I'm going to give a ride to some stranger who just happened to ask me.

A message I sent

Well, here is a message which I sent to one woman who said she, ”enjoyed the simple things in life like the way the air smells when it rains.”

Now I should make it clear, I wrote this in pure humor and not expectant of any reply.

”So you enjoy the way the air smells when it rains? Well, technically, it's how the air doesn't smell.

When it rains, dust, dander, and odor particulates are cleaned from the air by the falling water droplets. This reduces the amount of ”smell interference” from multiple odors. Thus you get an amplified sense of what remains in the air, meaning ”fresh air.”

Gross fact: Because of this amplified sense, this is why farts smell worse in the shower.”

Well, here is a message which I sent to one woman who said she, ”enjoyed the simple things in life like the way the air smells when it rains.”

Now I should make it clear, I wrote this in pure humor and not expectant of any reply.

”So you enjoy the way the air smells when it rains? Well, technically, it's how the air doesn't smell.

When it rains, dust, dander, and odor particulates are cleaned from the air by the falling water droplets. This reduces the amount of ”smell interference” from multiple odors. Thus you get an amplified sense of what remains in the air, meaning ”fresh air.”

Gross fact: Because of this amplified sense, this is why farts smell worse in the shower.”

Why would you send a first message 'not expectant of any reply'?
And if I were that woman, I would not think that was funny.

True, true. But I got a smile out of it. And as it seems, so did she.

Her reply:

”haha! first time any1 started off with a fart joke! =P”

Different people respond in different ways. I'm just happy she got a little kick out of it. :D

Why would you send a first message 'not expectant of any reply'?
And if I were that woman, I would not think that was funny.

"Expecting" an answer just seems unrealistic - when so many seem to go unanswered. I could see sending a message "just because" a random thought occurred to me based on their profile and it amused me (and might amuse them).

For the record, PorcupineTree's message would have gotten my attention, amused me, and (if the profile was interesting to boot) gotten a reply. (It contains punctuation, humor and science trivia.) Then again, I am a science geek...:rolleyes: (and am pretty un-gross-outable when it comes to bodily functions)

JaneQ

"Expecting" an answer just seems unrealistic - when so many seem to go unanswered. I could see sending a message "just because" a random thought occurred to me based on their profile and it amused me (and might amuse them).

For the record, PorcupineTree's message would have gotten my attention, amused me, and (if the profile was interesting to boot) gotten a reply. (It contains punctuation, humor and science trivia.) Then again, I am a science geek...:rolleyes: (and am pretty un-gross-outable when it comes to bodily functions)

JaneQ

Very interesting. I'm also pretty un-gross-outable (great word!) but the mentioning of farts in a first message would not amuse me at all! Well like PorcupineTree said, that just goes to show that people respond and react differently, the recipient of the message seemed to take it pretty well :)

Very interesting. I'm also pretty un-gross-outable (great word!) but the mentioning of farts in a first message would not amuse me at all! Well like PorcupineTree said, that just goes to show that people respond and react differently, the recipient of the message seemed to take it pretty well :)

Yeah, that message wouldn't have amused or attracted me at all, either!

It would have worked for me, but after looking at my profile, reading my answers and checking out the personality graphs you'd have a fair idea that talking/joking to me about the science behind things was the way to go. I assume the profiles of those of you unamused by it would be different.

"If we were different people, we wouldn't be us."
(to quote myself from...somewhere around here)

I am constantly amazed (and amused :rolleyes:) at the variety of human perception. This* would be a pretty boring endeavor if everyone had the same responses to everything. (*"This" = polyamory, relationships, life in general...)

We are NOT interchangable. Ah, variety...:p

JaneQ

Oh man, now I wish I hadn't deleted the novellesque tale of the tragic horseman I got in my inbox the other day. I did respond, to tell him it was the weirdest thing I'd ever been sent, but....definitely not interested.

(All his pictures were of a guy in one of those rubber horsemasks, and the profile says stuff like:

"I'm just a proud steed wandering this stable we call life. Someday I hope to jump that gate and find my place among the stars.

If you've ever watched Graze Anatomy, you'd also understand that I'm looking for my Mare-dith. Could you be that special somebody?"

and (you'll like this one):

"You should message me if
You want a man who values good humor over all and isn't afraid to mix it up for fun.

Or if you're a unicorn. Damn they are hot." )

I also got one recently that said "I don't usually message plus size girls on here but you seem cool."

.... I'm a size 0. I gave him SO MUCH CRAP for trying to neg me (and he responded with the "Game" script for handling a girl who's heard of the Game. It was absurd.)

Latest ones:

from ragingbull(numbers after that). Ew.

"Are you into short term casual sex"

nothing else. Next!

29 year old guy, cute pix, musician, profile says hes looking for women up to age 35 for "friends," but his Q&As indicate he has a high libido and is kinky. So, I guess he'll settle for a horny kinky 57 year old to get him off. Great.

next one:

"how are you today"

No caps, can't even lift a finger to add a question mark? He gets no response.

next one, no profile, no pix, no Q&As:

"I'm very interested in meeting... have been married for 30 plus years... no intimacy in the last 15 - 20.
Sex is still very important... if you're interested, I can provide more info.
Regards,

R___"

I responded just because I was pissed off:

"Please learn to read women's profiles and Q&As. I am not interested in cheaters."

I have been talking to one nice 30something guy about making jam and music and things though.

Last edited:
I had a message from a guy last night asking if I was interested in a sweet submissive to lap at my feet. He indicated he had a foot fetish in his opener. - deleted, not worth a response.

I've only had men viewing my OkCupid profile lately, even though I've got it set to only looking for females. My quiver matches have all been women who's profiles say they and their boyfriend are looking for someone to fool around with or their boyfriends are letting them date women.

This one's... something XD

"good lord, you are so effing gorgeous I can't even stand it haha I'm glad I moved to <state where I live> now"

And of course, now his profile's deleted. :p

These are funny! :)

I just got this message: "Cool pic. What's going on pretty gir. I have a wild ? For ya if ya have a sec.. "
Ridiculous!

A couple of days ago, I got this message in my Inbox:

Hi! You are lovely! Do you like cilantro? I was wondering if you might be interested in text/chat exploration since we don't live too close? I am looking to try new things and push my boundaries. Let me know what you think! oxoxox
Do you have Kik?​

Huh? WTF?

Then, tonight I just found this one, from a guy who is a 20% match:

want to have some fun together ?

Ben.​

Ugh, no!

Last edited:
Out of sheer morbid curiosity I once sorted my matches by Enemy % and read the first half dozen or so profiles.

Eeeewwww!

Back