Personal Summaries

New to all of this - but hi!

Just a quickie ...

My name is danielle, I am 30 years old, brunette hair and dark eyes.

I'm a huge reader, love crafts and am a romantic at heart.

I am single (newly), but I have a chance to check out poly for myself and I am hoping to find someone(s) that can introduce me to a poly relationship and help me along some. I have no high expectations, but I am open to almost anything.

I am not particularly into swinging, but I have done so before. I suppose it depends on the people and/or couple!

I am ONLY interested in taking things slowly, whether it is with a single or a couple due to a few past years if hell in a relationship.

That's it. For now.... ;)

Hello, I'm Alicia.

I've been married 11 years and we dated for 4 or 5 years before that. I don't think we've ever been anything but poly, even though we don't always use that term. Since we are both bisexual, it feels right that we can have outside relationships. I am very choosy about partners of either gender. He's choosy about his male partners but not so much about females. I'm also completely oblivious to when anyone flirts with me.

I always thought I was an abnormal freak because I could be wholeheartedly in love with more than one person at once. And it didn't seem like love for one person diminished the love I had for another. So it's nice to find like-minded and like-hearted people to interact with.

I'm in my mid-twenties, female, and bisexual. I live in NC.

For the most part, I'm single. I say so because I am not sure of the standing of a relationship I've been in for the past 2 years.

I am most interested in women. I am here to learn, grow, understand, and embrace this life.

Who we are....

B- 28yrs old Female, Bisexual, homemaker/student.

J- 30yrs old Male, Straight, Military (that's why we're not using names).

We have been married 10 years, with two beautiful children. We have lots of experience swinging, and one of those swinging relationships turned into a poly relationship. We would really like to have that again, but are not very familiar with this lifestyle. We are currently in WA St. and love it here. We both are very interested in the Poly lifestyle and want to give it a shot. We also have a lot of questions. The hubby and I love each other very much, but also believe that it is fully ok to fall in love with other people. "B" would love to talk to others in this lifestyle and learn everything she can. :)

New to forum

Hey all.
New to forum. 24 years old, currently residing in Maine but I have nomad blood so we'll see how that goes. In a poly relationship with partner J, going on 3 years now. Just ended things with a metamour (B) recently, so still recovering from that. Looking forward to nomadic adventures seeing where this path takes me.

joining the group here

Hi, I am D, my wife of 24 years is also D and we have been in a poly triad with our male friend J since march of this year. Female D is the hinge and things are so far going pretty well. J lives with us now but due to work is only here on the weekends. We split the time as best we can with them having at least 1 private night a week together. Would be more but as states he is only here on the weekends. D (female) is very happy and J and D are now "in love" Male D is happy for them although I do sometimes feel some a tad jealous but have delt with it quite well I think. J and I are long time friends.....like since we were in middle school long time....lol. Don't know where this is headed or how long it will last but D and J are happy together and she says the sex is fantastic. So far it has actually brought D and myself closer believe it or not and she gets what she needs without cheating. D has always been highly sexed......good for me for many years but now she is getting all she needs. We all spend time together and all enjoy each others company although we do wish he was here more. :)

Hello

Hi everyone .. I am brand new to the forum, brand new to poly ideas and brand new to trying to articulate a potential poly relationship.

Met my current guy about 9 months ago .. he is 'poly' in that he wants to have sex with people other than me and wants me to do the same - and I have no real issues with this (I don't think!).

Hello All

I'm 41, married 18 years in Sept, have three children from teen down to toddler. In the last month began discussions with hubby H about being able to love more than one and that led us to polyamory.

No poly relationship at this time, but we are in some sort of triad right now (close but not quire) L (lover) is not about poly so it's just sex for him. H is having some pre-adventure issues with jealousy/envy but we are communicating and resolving them.

Last night we discussed if we ever asked one to co-habitate with us what sort of parenting would that person have with our kids. I don't think we should make any decisions now but need to wait until that person is in our lives (don't want to make the box smaller, you know).

So I and H are newbies to this but are willing to learn as much as we can while our L enjoys us but we know he's in search of the "perfect one". I fell in love with L but am okay when it's over and though he says he can't be involved long-term with me, I do know he has feelings.

That's the road we are on right now. I look forward to getting advice and getting to know all of you!

greetings & salutations

Hi I'm little star.

I'm a 39 yr old woman and involved in a non-monogamous relationship with a woman (Sir eDog) 15 years older than me. Sir eDog has another woman (Sooz) who she has been involved with for 18 years. They are having a tough time because Sooz thought they had an open relationship wherein they could have sexual, casual encounters in a dont ask dont tell environment but no other emotional/romantic enduring connections. Sir eDog has said that was never what she agreed to. actually the root of their issues is deeper - more to do with Sooz not wanting to work on issues in the relationship that surfaced 3 - 5 years ago. As with all good denial it goes unchecked and takes on a size and life of its own.

I have done non-monogamy in a way similar to Sir eDog for the past 8 years or thereabouts. I don't believe in ownership or dictating what mine or any other lover/intimate's connections look like. We cannot know how a connection will evolve, devolve, unfold or destruct. Sooz is becoming adamant that I be jettisoned, Sir eDog won't do it. But Sir eDog also is not jettisoning Sooz - how do you dismantle something that you've been building for 18 years? Especially among lesbians who seem to be in new relationships every other day ( we are always seemingly falling into or out of relationship quickly -its not for nothing that we carry the "u-haul syndrome" stereotype).

I prefer the model where everyone meets and has conversation, as one article said - talk about my honor, your honor and how we will honor the person/people we share. Sooz will not meet me, it hasn't actually been offered because Sir eDog feels the age difference angle and various others outside appearance will further inflame Sooz' jealous fits.(Sooz is actually older than eDog by a few years).

Currently I am house sitting for Sir eDog while they are in Alaska on vacation. I am running through the pain of missing my lover/girlfriend. i am wondering how the crucible of traveling will further inflame or extinguish their disconnects and heartache. Sir eDog has been texting and emailing almost every day which I had not expected would happen but now they are in a remote spot with little to no reception so without the daily digital lilypads I'm sad and feeling the void/absence of her.

looking forward to joining the community here and listening to your wisdom and feedback.

in solidarity with gratitude,
little star

Finally Figured it Out

New to this whole experience in general. Have dated my husband for 3 years married for a little over a year. We have had some partners in out relationship since I am bisexual. Recently have met a male that I started seeing. My husband is being amazingly supportive. I feel I finally figured out my orientation only took 29 years lol Still figuring things out since we have never included a male. Looking forward to reading through this forum. thanks!

Open relationship

NYC couple in an open relationship for many years.

We just don't think it's natural to limit sexuality to one person, but it is or can be natural to want a life partner! Or partners.

Don't think it needs to lascivious. People are sexual beings, that's not naughty or dirty is it? Complicated by society though huh?

Hi from Si

Hi to all. I am a sex positive poly-virgin, I have been in a monogamous relationship for 18 years with a woman and we have a child. Really love the glossary and potential of polyamory, and I am excited to explore and find out more. I actually tried to explain compersion to a potential lover recently and couldn't understand why she found it such an alien concept! But I do understand, it can be pretty horrible being single when you don't really want to be so it is natural to be possessive, and it is true that when you are looking around existing relationships will change. But from a polyamorous point of view when someone dumps you they are basically trying to hurt you. Its not to do with you and your failure as a lover and a person, however real those failing are.

In the last three years I have changed slowly, it started when I became tired of staying in, playing chess and monopoly on the internet and started looking for new friendships and going out.

I started to reassess my past experiences and started smoking marijuana and drinking again (but not random drug-taking) and going out dancing.

I started to become attracted to other women and men. I fell in love/infatuation with a woman but it didn't work out, but I was honest with my partner and established an open relationship, at present I am very much in love with her and I think she will always be my primary and is a monomour, but I realise now that my life isn't set in stone despite what I think, so I accept that it could change.

I came out as bi last year and dated and slept with a man but it didn't work out. I also went to a swinging club a couple of times (boring, but it may have just been quiet nights), went to a gangbang (exciting but I was a bit too stoned), a naked sex orgy (that was great, fucked three women and had an orgasm that almost made me pass out), but really want intimacy and love, swinging doesn't turn me on much.

M Anderson here,

My story is simple. I've never been faithful to anyone and lived for years under the assumption that I am a cheater and going to burn in hell.

Then I met my besty who is Poly and she helped me understand the monogamous box my non-monogamous spirit was trying to fit into.

Two years later I am divorced....again. And happy to be living an honest life!

I am bi. I prefer men and love women if that makes sense. I am more interested in loving caring giving relationships.

I have been interacting with Poly couples but have never actually been in a Poly relationship as of yet.

I am a mature woman. Almost 40. Successful. I value fitness. I am a mother. A lover of the arts.....

I am looking forward to living Poly. I had a community of people in Omaha but in Cheyenne Wyoming there is nothing but chirping.....

Looking forward to meeting you!

Hello there! My name is Mae and I live on the East Coast of Canada. :)

I have four partners (three men, one woman).
My primary partner, Joe, and I have an eighteen-month-old daughter. Joe is bisexual. He's in a sexual, but not romantic, relationship with his best friend, Lincoln. He doesn't see other people.
My other two male partners are Harry and Wayne.
Harry is straight and otherwise single; he travels a lot for work and casually dates in different cities, but we're his home port.
Wayne is bisexual and has a live-in girlfriend, Annie. Wayne and Annie have several sexual relationships with men and women. Annie often joins us sexually but she is emotionally interested in only Wayne.
My female partner, Maggie, is Lincoln's girlfriend. She doesn't see other people romantically or sexually, as per her agreement with Lincoln.

That looks complicated. Here's a cheat sheet:

Mae: Romantically and sexually involved with Joe, Harry, Wayne, and Maggie. Sexually involved with Lincoln and Annie.
Joe: Romantically and sexually involved with Mae. Sexually involved with Lincoln.
Harry: Romantically and sexually involved with Mae. Sexually involved with other women.
Wayne: Romantically and sexually involved with Mae and Annie. Sexually involved with other men and women.
Maggie: Romantically and sexually involved with Mae and Lincoln.
Lincoln: Romantically and sexually involved with Maggie. Sexually involved with Joe.
Annie: Romantically and sexually involved with Wayne. Sexually involved with other men and women.

:)

The name's Alexia, 22 years old, and living in Mobile, Alabama, USA.

I'm a college student at a community college, just finishing up my degree. I'm proud to say I'm openly bisexual in real life to anyone who asks, and I will admit, I'm curious to the whole polyamory thing, especially triads, and I have made it clear to a couple of close confidants, that I am curious on it. If not fully into it, I support it because I do believe in the idea of loving anyone regardless of gender or how many you love, as long as everyone involved knows, of course.

I do indeed have a fiance, who is, as he describes, "75% straight, 25% gay," but says he's bisexual. I think he's just nervous of guys... But, as I type this, I'm nervous of falling into the whole... "Unicorn Hunter" category.

To me, I'm curious on triads, but it doesn't matter who I fall in love with, whether my friends or family know about it or not, whether you're a girl or a boy, and the whole criteria that "unicorns" have to fit. It stings a little bit knowing that triads are kinda hard to come by, even harder if you're seeking it. I wanna change that, but, like my own relationship, it takes work, patience, compromise with all parties, not just two, understanding, and everything else. Right now, I can definitely say I'm not completely ready to look, but I am interested, and so is my fiance. Whatever happens with friends, happens, it shouldn't be forced or searched for, really. At least that's what I think.

And I'm ranting again... I will warn you, I have a tendency to do that often on my opinions, as well as get off topic... often. But I'm a person who is admittedly shy, and somewhat of a lurker, only posting when I'm inspired. Overall, my fiance and I consider ourselves to be pretty cool people to pal around with, maybe something a little more if fate intervenes for all three of us. Mostly, I think we just need new friends in our lives before we start getting lovey with a nice boy or girl.

Anything else? .....I like video games, and I'd love a career that involves art or working at home.

Hi I'm Chris from Houston Texas

I'm very new to this lifestyle. I've never had a triad relationship but have had a deep desire to try it for sometime now. I've always been very open minded and a free spirit about relationships. The rigid monogamous rules that others lived by just never made much sense to me and as I've matured I see less and less reason to live my life by others standards. I truly believe u can love more than one person at a time and that as long as u respect each other's boundaries and communicate this lifestyle can work for everyone involved. I am hoping to find other like-minded people looking for the same. I am a single (divorced) heterosexual female looking for a couple MF or MM to explore with. I live right outside Houston Texas, in Spring.

Sorta Kinda New

Hi all -

I am technically new here, not having posted much, but I was gone for a bit and now am back!

Happily married for nearly five years to a great guy and poly for about three of those years! From the Philly area, I'm 50, he's 41. He and I have both already been through a few poly break ups, seems like it doesn't take too long to get your feet wet in that area. He is totally straight and has a girlfriend, I'm bi and have a boyfriend. (My most recent break up was with a girlfriend, one who had lived with us for awhile, and that one really hurt). We are not unicorn hunters, although it is interesting in that in the beginning we thought we'd try that out. Found out quickly it was not a great approach and we've both enjoyed our own relationships since then.

Anyway, I'm mostly here to meet new friends and find other poly folks of a like mind to talk to. I'm an artist, Pagan, work in academic.

Hope to get to know some of you!

Faery

We are a [M/F] couple that are happily married for two years.

We both recently discovered the idea, concept, lifestyle, and fulfillment that Polyamory offers both of us in our growing relationship.

We both already have a mutual interest who is already an open Polyamory person and whom is also a member of this forum.

We hope to learn a lot from this community and each other from experienced Polyamory families as we attempt to start our first Polyamory family.

We both already have a mutual interest who is already an open Polyamory person and whom is also a member of this forum.

And that would be me. ^^; I'm about 25, from a small Midwest town, and I only know one poly irl, unfortunately. The whole thing is somewhat new to me, though I've had thoughts of it for at least a year, probably longer.

I broke up from a monogamous relationship a few months ago, but it had been going downhill for a while (almost a year when I look back at it). That said, this new possible relationship just...makes everything okay. I'm deeep in the throes of NRE, but I'm well aware of that and trying to take it slow.

I just want everyone to be happy. :3

Back