Why do you use the online name that you use?

I went with this name because the slogan of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Complaints Department is "Share and Enjoy"... seemed rather appropriate for this group.

It's the name of my favorite character in Final Fantasy XIII

When I was 14 I was trying to think of something that would fit me if I tried to chat online. I was kind of one of those goth kids that was writing morbid poetry ect... so I came up with Insane Illusions.. sometimes I add a 0 or double 00 in there but I use it everywhere it's funny cause sometimes I google it and find all kindsa stuff about me :D

I wanted something appropriate for this forum. Something that quickly gives others an idea of what I'll say and how I'm gonna say it.

UnicornWrangler would be both a little too arrogant and quite tacky.

So there's this.

For no particular reason, I've been using monikers that are synonymous with shades of the color blue for about fifteen years. "Eruza" is "azure" backwards.

My name is in my native tongue. Haitian/Louisiana Creole. It means Love All. I think that is pretty self explanatory on this sorta forum.

Um . . . I'm skeptical - very, very skeptical - of any claim that presents itself as being the Truth.

I'm allergic to dogma. Seriously. Talking to one of my brothers brings me out in a rash!

Lately I've been baking a lot of apple crumble for my dear Mr W to make him feel loved and cared for, and most importantly, fed. It's one of his favourite things. I know, I'm an absolute sap! :p

Also, I'm a fan of Fiona Apple. When I'm feeling moody I often relate to her lyrics. I very nearly called myself "Extraordinary Machine" after the title song of her album, but I thought that could me misconstrued as rather arrogant... so I went the crumble route instead.

"Heart" is part of an anagram of my name . . . and I think I'm too old to use "rainbow" so I chose a more mature and spiritual interpretation of the word. Plus I AM "radiant", so it all works. LOL oxoxoxo

I chose Janus because I am finding out that there are always to sides to me, and they are always at constant odds with each other.

My nickname in Junior High and it more or less stuck with me ever since.

Usually I think very hard before I choose online names, but this was one was totally spontaneous. I truly couldn't tell you where it came from.

I deal with so many passwords and user names at work I wanted a easy one to remember for personal accounts.

Junco?

Because i like the little sooty birds. they are nothing big and dramatic, but as a breed are very successful and prolific. and handsome. a lot of those are what i'd like to be!

Linaeve was out of my husband's elvish books (he was a big LoTR fan!). It means "Tree of Song".

I love to sing, and I've always felt 'branched' but 'rooted'. I reach high, but I do not forget my 'roots'. :) It's basically a bunch of symbolism that means a great deal to me. :p

It's the name on my 'internet' email account, the one for which I do not use my 'real' name. My real name is not the one I was born with; I've changed it twice. My other internet nick is too well known. Not quite ready to come out all over as poly.

Lovely thread :D

I wanted a different handle from the couple I usually use since I am not out everywhere, and since joining poly groups and forums had a lot to do with my partner I did a take on his usual handle, ThatGuyInBlack. To him it's a Johnny Cash nod, to me it makes me think of Westley from The Princess Bride. :)

Back