Poly and Magick

Erosa

I have worked with magic for several years, mainly with energy work basics.
Up until now i have never had to try any magic that involved a poly relationship.

A couple has asked me to use magic to help bring them their mutual poly soulmate.

Are there any practitioners who could help me with some positive magic suggestions? How should light work be adapted to include poly's special needs?

Hope it’s a good starting place for you.

Are there any practitioners who could help me with some positive magic suggestions? How should light work be adapted to include poly's special needs?

I would suggest having the couple both sit together and discuss what they want to attract. What kind of person they are both looking for, what qualities are a must, etc, Once the have figured it out. Have them write something of a letter, using both of their handwriting.

Have them set up some type of alter in their bedroom, maybe a night stand or any other piece of furniture that belongs to both. (This is the area where you will be working) This is definitely a ritual they both need to participate in. You can guide them. The rest is up to your magikal preference. Use candles, herbs, whatever you feel comfortable.

Hope it’s a good starting place for you. Let me know how it goes.:)

Remember that it is not a love spell you are not taking anyone’s free will away. You are only attracting someone to their life.

Blessed be

I disagree, I believe there ARE soulmates and that you don't have to be limitied to one. I've always thought of a soulmate as someone you were really close friends with in your pre-earth spiritual life and in this life and they don't necessarily manifest as your spouse or partner although I would think that your closest friend in the preexistence would most likely be your life partner here on Earth. :) People we knew before we were born most likely in our lives today as friends, family, co-workers, spouses or lovers. At least that's always been my understanding. :p

I disagree, I believe there ARE soulmates and that you don't have to be limitied to one. I've always thought of a soulmate as someone you were really close friends with in your pre-earth spiritual life and in this life and they don't necessarily manifest as your spouse or partner although I would think that your closest friend in the preexistence would most likely be your life partner here on Earth. :) People we knew before we were born most likely in our lives today as friends, family, co-workers, spouses or lovers. At least that's always been my understanding. :p

Anam Cara :)

I'm not familiar with light work, but one way that I've actually tried is manifestion. If you're not familiar with it, I'l briefly run down what it involves:

1. Create a (specific) list of exactly what you're looking for, and include a time scale for when you want to receive it. Read it at least once a day, preferably more.
2. Create a list of the things that you're already thankful for in your life.
3. "Act as if" - basically you've got to condition your mind to accepting that you have it - for example when I was manifesting money to travel to LA to see a partner I booked the days off work and started telling everyone I was unavailable during the times I wanted to go, despite not being able (yet!) to afford the flights.

The beauty of this system is that it doesn't even require magical belief. I personally believe that the universe leads you in particular directions and this opens your mind to following those directions. However, even if you don't believe in magic, acting as if is a common psychological trick (think fake it til you make it) and simply creating a specific list of what you're looking for will focus your mind on obtaining it.

Anyway, when I manifest with a partner, we draw up the list together of what we're looking for, then we both write out a copy of it in our own hand-writing. After that, we each write on the others' list, usually that we agree with the list and what we're excited about for it and what we're thankful for. That way whenever we read the list alone, we're reminded that the other has bought into it as much as we do. That's pretty much the only difference from doing it solo.

To give you an example, most recently a partner and I are interested in forming a(n open) triad relationship so we came up with a list for the sort of person we're interested in (some serious, some funny, some completely random) with a timescale of about 6 months to meet this person. That was just over 3 weeks ago now, and we've already met two people who look like they fit the list. Of course, there's no guarantees that either of them are the person we're looking for, but we trust that the universe will help us find them :)

And if someone is skeptical about the whole manifestation thing, just making the list together gave us a much clearer example about the sort of person we're looking for, which means we won't waste any time with someone that the other would have no interest in.

And even if that wasn't enough for you, just talking (and dreaming) about this future partner was a fun activity!

Talking about our partner was so interesnting :) I get my boyfriend with this manifestation, and he was truely like I writed :)

I have a two candle love spell I borrowed from one of Z. Budapest's books, where you identify one candle as the person the spell is done on behalf of, and the other as the target person they wish to attract (Note: this is never, ever, a specific person, as that would interfere with that person's free will, be unethical and backfire badly. Instead it is a collection of qualities, which can be written on the other candle with a pin or rose thorn). For a poly person, you could include candles to represent other partners in her or his configuration (or not) if they feel good about that, and if a focus of the spell is for the new person to be compatible with who is in her life currently. these candles could burn at the same time at a bit of a distance, but not be involved in other ways.

The spell basically works that you set the two taper candles at a distance from one another, identify them as what they represent, and then light them. You move them a little closer together and let them burn down for a couple of hours or more. The next night you move them closer, and let them burn down a little more, on the third night you move them right next to one another in the same holder and let them burn down until they burn out completely in a pool of intermingled wax. When you move the candles together, magically you are moving the person and their desired together, which will manifest in the real world. There's a bit more to it but you get the idea.

I would strongly recommend getting the book "Pagan Polyamory: Building a Tribe of Hearts" by Raven Kaldera. Every chapter in the book has at least one ritual specifically designed for poly pagans. It's a great book in general but I have found the rituals to be especially helpful

I would strongly recommend getting the book "Pagan Polyamory: Building a Tribe of Hearts" by Raven Kaldera. Every chapter in the book has at least one ritual specifically designed for poly pagans. It's a great book in general but I have found the rituals to be especially helpful

agreed

Back