intro.

TrulsShadow

Hello~ I've been a bit of a lurker here for the last few months/ I found this site among others after becoming interested in types of relationships. I am very interested in the exploration of self, but I like to read before taking (if at all) any action.

Currently I am in a mono relationship, but it's not something I would see as being a 10+yr marriage... I'm actually very against that idea (marriage), but I'm not going to try and offend anyone on purpose, that's just my own stance. My SO knows this, and is accepting. We actually have great communication ^_^

I do not know if I am mono or poly, but I am curious about polyamory/ I am open to the idea. I hope that I will be able to offer this forum something in return for being able to read more about this.

welcome to the forum.

like you I don't believe in the idea of marriage, my partners and i are with each other because we choose to be and we don't need a religious ceremony and legal contract to validate our choice. honesty is the cornerstone of any relationship, but the most important person to be honest to is yourself. hope we can help your on your journey of self awareness.

thank you/ I was afraid for a bit that I had offended the community with the marriage view, but then I tend to overthink/worry a bit too much at times!

I don't know what to call it, but I've been reconizing that I think something is true of myself/my identity, and then it turns out to be not true anymore later on... is it just a natural process of change or is that I should not try to know myself because I can't? I do not know the answer, but I try to keep my mind open :)

Welcome to the forum. I agree with you both about the institute of marriage as it stands in this society. I hope you gain a lot of insight and are able to share some of your deepest thoughts here. We are a sharing bunch!

Back