Unicorn?

aussielover

lol ok this is gonna sound stupid. All this talk about the unicorn... sounds like me.
Fallen in love with a married couple? I've only got bits of the definition from a few posts. Mind you, none of us were seeking each other, or the love we fell into.
I'm just curious if I would be considered one lol.
Ok, stupid question over.

I do believe a Unicorn the same as a Hot Bi babe.... you are SOOO Not a Unicorn!!

HOT BI BABE (HBB): Colloquial; often derogatory, condescending, or ironic A bisexual person, usually though not always female, who is willing to join an existing couple, often with the presumption that this person will date and become sexually involved with both members of that couple, and not demand anything or do anything which might cause problems or inconvenience to that couple. The term is often used to be dismissive of a couple seen to be only superficially polyamorous, as They're just looking for a hot bi babe. Such a person may be referred to as a "mythical hot bi babe." Some members of the polyamory community self-identify as hot bi babes as a form of tongue-in-cheek intentional irony.

I may be wrong...

Ohh maybe not....
http://knol.google.com/k/james-oneill/polyamory/3czmgkncteg8o/2#

golden unicorn
slang term for the bisexual female that is desired as a intimate and sexual partner for both members of a Dyad, most likely with the intent to form a Triad. In most cases this is for an established MF Dyad whose female is also bisexual.
But we didnt Search...We found you when we were not looking. :)

hehe that didn't help babe. lol
Thanks though hehe, Guess it depends on your definition?

Well Honey..That was the best definition I could find. :p

And Nadine..I think so too. :)

Doesnt Have to be a fairy tale. ;)

*pinch* *poke* Nup... I'm pretty real... They can attest to that :D

Aussielover, your story (along with sunshinegirl and aussiebloke) is very inspiring. I'm so happy for the three of you!

No because you typically don't see a couple searching for a male version of a HBB under such idealistic circumstantial criteria. I suppose it does happen, but not often enough for it to become a cliche.

It is rather a cliche, isn't it? When I was searching on dating sites for my ever-elusive other (so glad to not have to do that any more!), I came across two things most often: cheating men looking for women who were also cheating or in an open relationship, and men who wanted a unicorn to give some experience to their bi-curious females (and of course have fun themselves!). I didn't fit any of that, although I did try it all on for size.

I look now for women of experience with other women and there are never any that are interested in a bisexual (I actually identify as polysexual), experienced women who is with two primary men and a secondary man! Ha! None! Women don't seem to be on the forefront of their sexuality unless they are single or their men have expressed an interest in something more. Of course, I am generalizing here, but I have noticed it to be true and experienced it as reality. It makes me concerned when women come on here and say their man wants to be poly and they will try it because of him.

Am I just a novelty because I have taken my own sexuality into my own hands? Am I just overly sexualized? What? I feel sometimes as if I am, especially as I come across judgement, disagreement in how I live my life and sometimes discussed.

I dated a bisexual woman while in college. She got on to AOL. (I use to pick on her by calling AOL, the trailer park of the internet.) Anyway, she once added "bisexual" to her profile and she got constantly spammed by all sorts of IMs. It was 95% guys who wanted to get her and some other yet to be named bisexual woman in for a threesome. Sometimes it was a woman who wanted to test her bi-curious nature with her boyfriend/husband watching or helping. She finally removed that tag so she could surf the net without constant IM requests.

Sad but true, Quath. Still, what do you do unless you put it out there? If a spaceship landed of bi women who wanted no attachments and to be mauled by couples, then we would be set! :p

If a space ship landed of bi women who wanted no attachments and to be mauled by couples then we would be set! :p

...and THAT is why they have a nickname which is also a mythical creature. You might as well call them "Amazon Women from the Moon" but it's just easier to write "Unicorn".

LMAO. I don't even know what to say to any of this. Can I order a sexually monogamous lesbian for a V with myself and the hubby while we're searching for mythical beings? Now I know why I was chased down before being married. Learn something new every day.

Can I order a sexually monogamous lesbian for a V with myself and the hubby while we're searching for mythical beings? .

Hey! How come you don't see much demand for a sexually monogamous straight guy for a V?? Oh yeah...cause they are such a pain in the ass, that's why:D

Back