meeting his wife

Brunetteangel03

Ok so a little about my situation. I met a wonderful man at the local gay bar (I am bi, he's straight) and we hit it off right away. Him and his wife are in the military. He just got back from Iraq 3 months ago and she will be returning on SATURDAY! Her and I chat everyday via messenger and talk on the phone on the weekends. We get along great thus far. Last night I didn't realize how many emotions I have for her returning home. Him and I started talking yesterday and I just broke down in tears. I am so overwhelmed with emotion, I am terrified, because what if she doesn't like me, I am excited to finally meet her and I am very anxious about getting to know her. How do I get rid of or calm these nerves down so that I am not a ball of emotion when I do finally meet her in a few short days?!

I don't know how to get rid of your butterflies, but I have a question. What was he doing in a "gay bar" if he's "straight"?

What was he doing in a "gay bar" if he's "straight"?

I go to the gay bar with Redpepper and our friends to dance. I love the lack of macho bullshit that a lot of other "straight" bars have. The guys at work just raise thier eyebrows when I tell them this. Frankly, getting hit on by anyone regardless of gender can feel nice...not that that ever happens to me.
They all know I'm with Redpepper now so I'm not very popular LOL!

I go to the gay bar with Redpepper and our friends to dance. I love the lack of macho bullshit that a lot of other "straight" bars have. The guys at work just raise thier eyebrows when I tell them this. Frankly, getting hit on by anyone regardless of gender can feel nice...not that that ever happens to me.
They all know I'm with Redpepper now so I'm not very popular LOL!

Yes, but I want to know why THAT guy (in the OP) was in one. I'm just curious, that's all.

Enjoy the clam before the storm (good or bad).

Yeah, a nice chowder goes a long way to helping relax. Have a stiff drink with it and you're set. :eek:

I just met the wife of a potential lover of mine yesterday! I felt like I was going on an audition. I was pretty nervous. I think one has to feel that emotion, but go in determined to keep an open mind, be oneself, and just have nice conversations about general subjects, as you would when getting to know anyone.

Thank you all so much for the support! I am getting very nervous/excited/anxious. My stomach is in knots today. She will be here sooner than I expected! Friday, EARLY, EARLY in the AM! I don't think I will be able to eat today, my stomach is def full of butterflies! I think I just need to finally get this meeting done. I know we will get along, she is so fun and we have a lot in common, but meeting ppl is not my forte!!!!:eek:

sleepless in Seattle

I didn't get a wink of sleep last night, because I thought his wife would be flying in yesterday, but she didn't. I have been so stressed the butterflies are beginning to make me nauseous that I vomitted once already. She for sure will be here in just a few short hours, I may or may not be meeting her tonight. He is sure we will hit it off just fine and that I will have both a bf and gf to complete a triangle triad. I just need to meet her and get to know her. I am so freaked, because I don't know what she will think of me and meeting ppl is something that is very hard for me to do!!!

I hope it went well

Michelle,

I think your meet-up was yesterday, so I hope it went well!!!! DW and I were just discussing meeting the secondaries (yes, he is dating someone, but I'll let him tell you about that as he wishes). We are eager to, but will be nervous for sure.

If you get a chance to let us know how it went, that would be great!

Hey, totally empathise, I find running or swimming really helps me for crazy excess engery (slakes the flight/fight response? who knows, dang nervous system!) anyhow, good luck!

Last edited:
i met my guys wife last week at their house..... He had to come out to the car and get me, no way I could have walked in by myself..... I was so nervous, said i felt like i was on a job interview.....but all was ok, she was so lovely.

Just breathe, keep calm and all else fails, have a drink to settle your nerves.

Back