Simultaneous NRE

It's nothing fancy, a 1962 3 bedroom ranch, eat in kitchen, hardwood floor living rm with working fireplace, full bath in the hall, half bath off the master bedroom (original pink tile in there! squee!). Downstairs, the basement is refinished, big family room there, big laundry room, storage room, another half bath, walk out door and sunny windows. OK sized lot backing onto conservation land. No garage, but a driveway, deck off the kitchen and a new shed. :)

What's the bathtub like?

I had a 2 hour chat convo with Art last night... Mmmm, it was very nice. At some point he friend requested me on Fetlife. We've already been FB friends for years. There is a link to his music, guitar playing and singing, on his FL profile, and it was quite good. I am such a sucker for a man with musical talent. (Ginger plays and sings, so did my ex husband.) I'm a born groupie. Art went to school for musical theater, I believe, and he's got his finger in a lot of pies, music-wise.

I see one of his interests is ropes. Yay!

This is so refreshing and encouraging after the stupidity with Blondie and BB. I admit I'm feeling a touch of NRE. I showed Ginger Art's FL profile and music links and he quite approves. He's always so supportive. Actually I think he gets kinda turned on by other men paying me attention.

Hehe, ordinary 1960s tub, big enough for miss pixi but definitely not for me or Ginger!

Oh well. Still sounds like a nice place!

Time for an update. I've been in my new house now for a week and a half! miss p and I love it here so much. We have been going between unpacking and organizing, to catching up on sleep, sex and nutrition (shopping and cooking for ourselves instead of takeout during the move).

Ginger has visited 3 times, and I am going to see him again tomorrow. I've been chatting him less on IM lately because of the work of unpacking and getting to know the neighborhood etc., and feel bad to have been neglecting him, but he is perfectly understanding. Things are just so complicated til we get more settled. I'm glad we are managing face to face dates more though! Since that was the point!

On his visits he's been helping us with things like hanging a new light fixture in the kitchen and other things needing upper body strength. :)

Today I am bringing miss p to her apartment so she can start packing up her stuff in earnest. She's brought a few things here, but needs to pack for the actual big move. She is going to stay there a few days, and I will come back here to take care of the dog and keep unpacking.

We've seen deer, turkeys, and other wildlife. The 5000 acres of woods just out back really seems to make our air quality quite fresh here. A bonus we didn't expect!

A week ago, Art let me know he does not have a car and indicated he'd like me to drive the 50 miles to Providence to see him! Ack! Not really what I am needing to be doing now, driving all that way for a new partner when I just moved to be WITH miss p full time and much CLOSER to Ginger! Darn it! I was sure Art was getting back in touch because he now had a car and would come to me! Oh well, maybe some day he'll get a car. I still feel we are a good match, relationship-wise.

A week ago, Art let me know he does not have a car and indicated he'd like me to drive the 50 miles to Providence to see him! Ack! Not really what I am needing to be doing now, driving all that way for a new partner when I just moved to be WITH miss p full time and much CLOSER to Ginger! Darn it! I was sure Art was getting back in touch because he now had a car and would come to me! Oh well, maybe some day he'll get a car. I still feel we are a good match, relationship-wise.

Can't he take a bus or rent a car? Sheesh, a little independence would be so attractive, right?

BTW, lovely to hear about the beautiful woods and fresh green air behind your new house. It sounds great. It will be a process to settle in, but it seems you're both doing fine.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new home. I hope you and Miss P are enjoying it. I hope the two of you have fun packing at her place and unpacking at the new one.

Kudos to Ginger for being understanding. He is contributing and helping to make your house into a home.

I am envious of the fresh air and open space that you just described.

Well, the thing with Art is good because he is a match relationship-wise. The car thing can be worked out in time. Maybe he lives close to everything and has no need for one. Either way it goes, I hope it works out for you both. :)

Can't he take a bus or rent a car? Sheesh, a little independence would be so attractive, right?

Well, I did suggest that, and he acknowledged it, but then reiterated he'd be "happy to host."
BTW, lovely to hear about the beautiful woods and fresh green air behind your new house. It sounds great. It will be a process to settle in, but it seems you're both doing fine.

Thanks! We are doing well. Miss P has some separation anxiety issues around leaving her apartment but she will deal with it. She's come a long way psychologically in the past four years!

Congrats on the new home.

Thanks, Ry! It's so much more peaceful and relaxing here, but we are only 40 mins from Boston if we need or want to go.

Kudos to Ginger for being understanding. He is contributing and helping to make your house into a home.

Yes. He's not a man to be vocally effusive in his love, but would rather show it with acts of service, and right now, that is just what is needed.

I am envious of the fresh air and open space that you just described.

Maybe you'll get some of that in Australia.

Well, the thing with Art is good because he is a match relationship-wise. The car thing can be worked out in time. Maybe he lives close to everything and has no need for one. Either way it goes, I hope it works out for you both. :)

Yeah... he's a singer songwriter, actor, puppeteer, Renn Faire sort of guy, and doesn't have much money. I know he's got a gf who is splitting from her husband, but she also has a Dom, and Art says he has a few playpartners... maybe one day I will become one of those. He seems like such a nice guy, horny, kinky, cuddly, sincere, smart.

As a lifelong Rhode Islander, I feel the need to point out that Providence is a city in which one really has to have a car in order to live functionally. I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'm afraid there might be something really wrong with a guy who lives in Providence but doesn't have a car.

Oh, wait...I read back a few posts, and noticed that Art is only 24 and just out of college. (Sorry, forgot you like 'em young!) I guess that's okay then.

But still, don't get roped into doing all that driving. I've been driving between Providence, western RI, Worcester, the Boston area, and now southern RI for the past 8 years (mostly because of various jobs, sometimes because of various men), and it gets wearisome.

Seriously, the kid needs to get a car.

Love your blog, by the way, Mags. Fun and inspiring!

But still, don't get roped into doing all that driving. I've been driving between Providence, western RI, Worcester, the Boston area, and now southern RI for the past 8 years (mostly because of various jobs, sometimes because of various men), and it gets wearisome.

Seriously, the kid needs to get a car.

Yes, I agree! I do love young men, their enthusiasm, humor, freshness and horniness is a lot of fun, but otoh they almost never have much money and even if they have a car, they may not have gas in it!

Another youngun contacted me on okc a couple days ago... same situation. Yummy looking, artistic, smart, friendly, charming, many shared interests, but he was living with his long time gf, she dumped him, he got depressed, couldn't afford the whole rent, sold his car to pay rent, still couldn't manage, and moved back in with his parents near Boston. sigh...

Love your blog, by the way, Mags. Fun and inspiring!

Thanks, Meera!
I had the nicest daytime date with Ginger 2 days ago. It's been a while since we've actually gone OUT together, what with all the moving business. But this was different. First I drove to his place along lovely backroads, he showed me his huge clusters of fragrant blooming wisteria and other flowering and budding plants around his place. Then, I drove, since he is feeling very congested from pollen allergies (ironic for a nature lover) and we went to 3 thrift stores/consignment stores in his town and surrounding towns. (My ex h hated to shop, I love that Ginger likes it!)

Finally he had me drive to a nature trail up a big hill to see the pretty view. Oh, it was so nice to be out and about instead of work work work. I'm almost feeling human again! After the hike, we came back to his place for a snack and water. Then back to my cute little house.

Today I am going to miss p's to drop off boxes. My son will be there for a few days to help her pack. I believe she'll be all ready for the movers in a week or so! I will be coming back after a short visit since I am in charge of the dog, and need to keep unpacking, and making space for all her stuff!

Just had a weeklong visit at the house from my son. He came back here with miss pixi after helping her pack for a few days, then stayed here and helped us organize and set up. And he's so fun, he plays guitar, he does voices, beatboxes, he's quite an entertainer.

We got the lawn mowed, I pulled weeds and spread mulch in the front bed, and pruned bushes, and son and I moved cement planters.

We went to the nursery down the street for mulch and plants (vinca) and ate their ice cream, sitting in one of the porch swings there.

miss p and son set up the stereo system and flat screen tv in the basement family room. Quite a process, some of the outlets were really outmoded down there and she had to rewire.

I've been in touch with Ginger by IM, but he didn't come here while Son was here. His seasonal allergies are kicking his ass, plus he likes to feel me up almost constantly when we are together, hehe

He's coming over tomorrow!

Still mired in moving in adventures... It took us 3 visits to miss p's apartment to get it clean and the last bits of things boxed and put in my van. Her city apartment gets so dusty dirty being close to the Mass Pike. But finally last week we finished up and she's officially moved in to the house. Whew! 2 days we worked were 87-97 degrees and she only had one window AC set up and it was so stifling. Thank god this house has central AC!

Now there are boxes everywhere and we are so tired (she's handicapped and I am 57 with a bad back, a trick knee, arthritis in my hands-- this whole thing has been very hard on us). But we've got nothing but time to work on organizing and decorating.

Meanwhile, last Saturday our little V/triad had a date: we went to an outdoor fire/drum circle/dance at a park a few towns away. Ginger is really linked into the drum circle community. It was a perfect evening, clear and moderate temps. miss pixi isn't much for dancing but she loves to listen and watch and socialize. I spent my time between sitting out with her on the hillside or dancing with Ginger. At a couple points we were all together, her, him behind her and me behind him, legs and arms wrapped around each other... very yummy snuggling on a perfect late spring night! There were fire spinners on the top of the hill behind us. So cool! And dancing with Ginger is always sexy pagan good times.

We had another 3 way date a few days ago, went hiking at Callahan State Park in nearby Framingham. Well, a 4 way date as our dog came with.

Then yesterday miss p and I were out thrift store shopping and saw a couch to replace mine, which is really falling apart and not comfy anymore. Only $140 and in almost new condition, super comfy and the right colors for our decor. Well, my van was still half full of stuff from miss p's apt we haven't unloaded yet. It was 6:45 and we had to take it home by 9 if we wanted to be sure of getting it. So, I texted Ginger to explain the situation, knowing he has his nightly "date" of reading out loud and a board game with his wife from 6-7. At 7:01 he called me back, told us he'd be fine with helping us out, and arrived in under half an hour with his VW Eurovan. He and I shoved the couch into it and unloaded it when we got home.

I love living so close by to him! I'm sure the neighbors wonder what is going on with us. A lesbian couple? Then who is this man that is over so often? hehe

As far as 3way sex goes, if anyone is wondering ;), that hasn't happened in quite a while. Miss p has not been interested, nothing personal, she's just been overwhelmed by the move and all. But she and Ginger do kiss and hug. Tongue kiss, not just a peck on the cheek or lips. :p

Ginger has been in the hospital since Thursday night. :( He's sick with fevers and diarrhea and also maybe a UTI, even pneumonia. Tests are inconclusive so far.

His wife R hates to drive outside of their town, she wears coke bottle lensed glasses, but accompanied him to the first GP visit, then a half hr drive to the big city hospital for a CAT scan, then home, then he drove them back to the hospital when first test results indicted he should be admitted. She had to drive home by herself at 1:30am in the rain, after he finally got a bed. It's a half hour drive in good traffic and weather.

Yesterday she wanted to bring him some things, toothbrush etc, so Ginger asked if I would drive her to the city. Of course, I wanted to visit him too, and so did miss pixi, so we drove to their town, got R and drove to the city. How is that for a poly scenario? I'd only hung out with R for an hour or so, 3 times, before this, but "our" man being brought down brought us all together.

As we were about to leave after our visit, I said, good thing she was along because it would have been hard to find his room in those loopy corridors. She said, "And I am glad you were able to drive me here! It's a symbiotic relationship."

Ginger is having more tests today and didn't want visitors, he's very tired. We've talked briefly on the phone at 10 and 3 and I'll call him again in the evening. My poor sweetie!

Turns out he had a tick borne disease called anaplasmosis, which eats blood cells. Very serious, and it took a while for the docs to figure out what it was and get him on the right antibiotic. He was in the hospital for a week. But good news is he's recovering nicely. We've had 3 or 4 lovely visits-- in fact, he just left.

We had our usual good sex sessions in between listening to my new old vinyl albums, Donovan, Lou Reed (I've collected about 100 albums in the past year). Did I say good sex? I meant great. Went like this: SEX, cuddles, records, singing along, chatting, cuddles leading to more SEX, then 2nd side of Donovan, and he was back off home to deal with a broken hot water heater.

Makes me feel like a teenager again, doing that with him. Not that I WAS a teenager when Donovan was in his heyday... more of a preteen, heh. "Wear your love like heaven..."

Miss Pixi left yesterday with my son to spend a week in the Fingerlakes, where she hails from. First a 4 day music fest, then a visit with her family, and sightseeing. I've gone with her the last 4 years and didn't want to go this year. Our move has been enough excitement for me, and our dog needs her meds and care. I can have a nice week to continue to organize and home decorate, which is my favorite hobby. Well, besides sex.

Plus its SO hot. 95 at a music fest? No thanks.

Plus, I caught a cold which turned into a sinus infection for which I needed antibiotics. So no sooner did Ginger get off 'em, than Mags got on 'em.

On Sunday, Ginger and I are going to go on an actual date, as our energy levels allow. He just told me there's a weekly flea market in the town just south of his! I had no idea. Squee!

Last edited:
miss pixi is back from her vacation with my son. They had a great time at the music fest, and I had lots of rest to heal from the sinus infection and enjoy the stomach upset and yeast infection from the antibiotics.
:rolleyes:

Seems Ginger has a "girlfriend" now! Besides me, besides his wife, besides his somewhat intimate relationship with miss pixi, he now has this new woman on his tail. Let's see, what to call her? Mischa.

She and he have been talking online for months. She first contacted him on okc. She lives about 50 miles away and he hasn't felt motivated to drive that far, despite being invited. However, she works a day or 2 a week closer to him and recently finally went to his place for a 2 hour visit. Unbeknownst to me, things have apparently been intimate enough online that sexy time was in order on the first meeting. He filled me in on his expectations for that mere hours before she was expected to arrive. I didn't know how close they'd become. He told me they sometimes don't talk for a week, but sometimes talk several times a day. I said, please give me more details rather than less. This has been a bit of an unexpected and not entirely welcome surprise.

So, I am feeling that unease that comes with this unknown factor in his/our love life/relationship. They didn't go all the way... I probably shouldn't give too many details just in case she happens across this site or is already here and I don't know it!

They haven't had the safer sex talk yet... today he told me she has invited herself to spend the night next Tuesday!

I haven't seen Ginger in a week because of miss p and my son getting back, and it was both their birthdays, and I had to hear all about their trip, and miss p's visit with her (crazy) family the last 2 days of their trip. Which started out really good and then got majorly fucked up with her brother ranting and trying to hit her and being held back by her dad who was also yelling.

Sigh... interesting week and I'm still weak and recuperating from this damn sinus crud.

Thinking of you Mags as I caught up a bit on your blog. Nice to read your news. Lots going on as usual. Hugs to you and good luck with that uneasy feeling. Have you met her yet?

No, Ginger and she just had their first "date" last Thursday night. I was just dealing with that news and had to switch gears to welcome miss p and Son home and hear all their vacation news!

Oh, meanwhile I've got a new guy interested in me... I mentioned on the okc thread about him. We haven't met yet, and I am not sure how things are going to go. He also lives 50 miles away from me, but travels for work and could be in my area on any given day. However, he's married, has a new gf of 4 mos, has 3 kids in the preteenish age range, and works a lot of hours at a new job, his wife works full time too. Not sure how he sees this working out. However, he's kinky, a Dom, and smart, cute, funny, easy to talk to... we will see. We've been chatting a couple weeks now.

Hi Mags,

Glad to hear Ginger is feeling better. I was concerned about him when you mentioned his illness.

I admire the way you live your life, and your awesomely fearless approach to dating. Best of luck with hotties old and new! (And old and young!)

Thanks, Meera and Cindie! It's nice to get some feedback.

Yes, Ginger is recovered and full of energy. In fact he feels better than he has in years, he said. His immune system is weird, he has allergies. He says maybe the high fevers (over 103) reset him somehow. Hope it lasts.

I am still not out of the woods. Still recovering from the mother of all sinus infections. Getting there....

So, I went on a first date with New Guy 2 days ago. It went well, and he said, I am "amazing, warm, and caring." And he really really wants to see me again. We only held hands a little over the table, and hugged goodbye. No kissing.

He met me for an early dinner in my town at this BBQ place I'd tried last weekend for miss p's birthday dinner. He is tall, 6'1", quite fit, great head of hair, nice fluffy goatee, huge blue eyes, great skin, looks several years younger than his 42. He had a certain charismatic alpha male personality. Not my usual type, but I am curious to see how the D/s dynamic works out.

Unfortunately, he is suddenly having troubles with his wife and his "gf." The wife told him a couple days ago she is going thru a midlife crisis, "It's not you, it's me," kind of thing. She wants out of the marriage. She wants to be free! And here they are, already poly, she has a long term gf, they've got 3 kids, can't really afford to live separately. They are going to start counseling.

On top of that, his newish gf (4 mos and he's in total NRE) told him she "likes" him, doesn't want a real relationship, just more of a playpartner thing.... he doesn't even know what that means yet, whether he will see her less, or the same, or what. He is obviously a very passionate open-hearted guy, and said she is... kinda flaky, or ditsy it seems. Hm. I feel bad for him.

All this happened on the same day! So, I am seeing him at his most vulnerable, just being supportive. He said, it was very healing to be with me. I am wary about getting started with him while he is in this state of confusion and upset. He said, he just wants to "get back in the saddle" ... I will see what happens in the coming weeks. He is a hottie though, and very smart, funny, charming, loves language, energetic, dynamic. I am interested, for sure. Ginger and miss pixi have been good sounding boards.

Back