Flightless Kiwi - Greetings from the south

Aisling

Hi.

I've never been very good at articulating emotions via the written word, but here goes.

I'm 27, straight with the occasional bi-curious streak, married and a mum to a fantastic little man aged 7. I have always been curious about the idea of multiple relationships and dated a bi-guy for a while who introduced me to swinging. This didn't really fit what I wanted out of relationships, sex is great but without that extra bond of love and affection I just felt used.

My husband and I have been in an open relationship since we started dating nearly 5 years ago and have had a rocky, challenging and worthwile journey with poly over this time.

My husband A, fell in love with my best friend from the get go. We attempted a triad, but the feeling I had for my friend were very sisterly rather than romantic. We lived together for a year where I learnt some very painful lessons about love, jealousy and coming out as poly. At the end we got on like a house on fire : flames, screaming and general chaos.

For the last year, I had been dating a guy; our friends knew, he got on with my Husband and I thought I had found a keeper. However, his ex-wife moved to the country recently and within 2 weeks they were back together and I was dropped as she couldn't handle the idea of him with 'another woman'.

Needless to say, at the moment I am crushed and disheartened. But I still know that a committed poly relationship is what I want... how to find one escapes me at present but I'm sure we'll get there :).

To all of you reading, it gives me great comfort to know that there are other people in the world who feel the same way I do and that there isn't something wrong with me.

Cheers

Welcome aboard.

Back