New Lifestyle Emotions (NLE)

idealist

If I’m dreaming, don’t pinch me; I don’t want to wake up! ;)

I have times when I think that at any moment, one of my lovers will say “This is ridiculous, I refuse to participate in this anymore” and he would pull out- as when you remove a card from a house of cards and the whole thing (my current life that’s I’m enjoying so much) would fall apart. Does anyone have thoughts like that? :confused:

It’s crazy because everyone is perfectly happy with how things are going. It seems that I am poly by nature and have been emotionally setting things up for 10 years without realizing it. Is there a such thing as NLE which would be New Lifestyle Emotions? Now that I have “come out” as poly and am living the lifestyle, I’m on a type of high, but my relationships are old, so it’s not the NRE that I’m feeling.

Just wondering!! :eek:

Last edited:
Yep..Been there and My little house Of cards did fall in briefly...Or more that I felt like I dropped the ball somewhere...But I kept on juggling and that little card house fixed itself right up again! That ride is a great one.. Sometimes bumpy..But worth it.

I'm still pretty new to it, but since I am experiencing them as well, I definitaly believe in NLE's. I have had this state of constant peace the last few weeks. I feel like the few shadows that were lurking in my marriage have been cast out, simply because I was honest with myself. So go you! Hang onto the high of those NLE's ! I know I am :D

Everything seems to be going far to easily and sometimes I wonder if there is another shoe to drop somewhere. If you read a lot of stuff on polyamory, it can give you the impression it has to be hard. It certainly can be hard, but I don't think it has to be.

Yeah! I sort of fell into a relationship that fit me very well, so there's been no really dramatic growing pains and a lot of joy. There is definitely a sense of new possibilities and room to breathe.

Call it NLE; it's as good a name as any!

You can still have new lifestyle emotions if you are not new to poly. It looks more and more like i am moving to a triad and possible quad from years of being a hinge of a V. It's a whole new dynamic and I was afraid of it for many years.

it's pretty amazing stuff.

Every day at a time. Baby steps are best and most lasting.

Ari

You can still have new lifestyle emotions if you are not new to poly. It looks more and more like i am moving to a triad and possible quad from years of being a hinge of a V. It's a whole new dynamic and I was afraid of it for many years. it's pretty amazing stuff. Every day at a time. Baby steps are best and most lasting. Ari

That's awesome!!! So, maybe that's a NRCE. New Relationship Configuration Energy!!

I really didn't mean to hijack your thread.

I'm excited for you. :)

Not at all....your post was right on topic for me. It confirms that there is another type of "high" that seems to be different from a NRE which is directed to a particular person, but maybe I'm misunderstanding NRE and maybe the NRE is what I'm feeling.....anyway....doesn't matter what we call it, I guess......it's just nice !!!

Wow what a positive thread! I love it :) its so great to have all the ducks in a row after working so hard and staying so honest with myself and others. I agree, NLE all the way. Although I think of it as NRE with myself and my life.

Back