Simultaneous NRE

We still haven't found a house. My lease is up May 5 and if we don't get something soon, I can either go month to month in my apt, or leave, have all my stuff moved to Ginger's barn, and move in with miss pixi. So stressful.

We have 3 applications going now. One for a house we haven't even toured yet, just saw pictures! Seeing it tomorrow.

I did make a new friend though, getting back to the topic of polyamory. About one month ago, this super cute, just my type guy viewed my okc profile. A day or so later, I PMed him very casually and friendly-like. He wrote right back, and then we exchanged emails and have been PMing. I'll call him Blondie. He's 29, just my height (5'7"), long streaky blond hair and a close trimmed ginger beard, slim, huge blue eyes. sigh... :p

He is very nice, well spoken, he can spell, he's smart and gentle seeming. However, he has a sort of gf who is telling him she's poly, but I think she's really just fucking around, and he's feeling quite hurt. I offered a shoulder, and my own poly experience. He's shy, introverted, she's only his 3rd gf. He had 2 others for years each and some periods of being single. Not a playah.

After several emails he asked me to meet him. I suggested the beautiful Mt Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, as he seems to be a nature lover and the day we picked (Easter) was warm. Well, it was a fun date, conversation flowed very easily. I guess he just wants a friend, at least for now, as he's all fussed and hurt about this girl. Well, OK, I'm househunting and totally stressed. Not really in a position to start up with a new bf right now.

But DAMN, he's cute and nice! When I showed miss pixi his photos on okc, she was all, "Ooh, he's pretty! Can we keep him?"

I emailed him yesterday to say I'd had fun and he wrote back today saying he had a wonderful time. :eek:

I hope the house hunt is going well. How did the house tour go? The perfect home for you will reveal itself in due time, and it will hit you like, "This is the one!" I am so rooting for you and this house hunt!

Miss Pixi's response to the new guy is too awesome for words. I would say something like that. :D

Hey Mags, how is the house-hunting going? I hope you find the perfect place to call home! Been thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way.

I hope the house hunt is going well. How did the house tour go? The perfect home for you will reveal itself in due time, and it will hit you like, "This is the one!" I am so rooting for you and this house hunt!

Well, we loved the last house we toured. It was a small older ranch but all fixed up inside, granite counters and stainless appliances in the kitchen, nice stylish paint on the walls, refinished bathroom and half bath, nicely refinished basement.

It was in a nice neighborhood, but it is in northwest Worcester, meaning it is about a half hour to Ginger's house, and an hour and a half to Boston, by car or train.

We met and chatted with the owner and listing agent for a house we'd seen a few days previously that's only 7 miles from Ginger. 15 minutes! (He now drives 35-40 mins to get to my current place.) It's also a ranch, but this time, not modernized. But it backs onto hundreds of acres of conservation land, which is woods, marshes and a huge lake/reservoir, hiking trails. It has a cute yard, all the space we need inside, fireplace, refinished basement family room, 1 full bath and 2 half baths, sunny kitchen... We liked the owner and she liked us. It was her mother's place, awwww. She actually lives in Ginger's town and had noticed him at town meetings. She said we can do all the gardening we like. :) The listing agent is supposed to be writing up the lease as of last night, but I've been waiting all day and have heard nothing from her. Arrgghh!

miss pixi doesn't like this place quite as much as me, as it is more suburban and she doesn't drive and would be more dependent on me. But she does like it a lot and will sign the lease if we ever freekin get it! We took a drive all over that area last week. It's so cutesy/country New Englandy. I really like it and I think miss p will too once she gets used to it. She's been in Boston 9 years, but grew up in rural NY State.

I am so incredibly stressed out, and now I've finally gotten the cold Ginger and miss p have had.

Miss Pixi's response to the new guy is too awesome for words. I would say something like that. :D

I PMed Blondie last Saturday to ask him to come down and have that beer with me the next day. But he said he was too depressed about how things are with his sort of gf, and didn't want to go out. I expressed my sympathies and am leaving him alone. Maybe once I get to sign a lease and get some energy back when the cold gets better, I'll message him again.

Well, I know. I mean, many people commute an hour each way for work, every day!

I've been driving to Boston every week for over 4 years. And Ginger has been driving to me for 15 months. I only get to see him once a week. Now, if (when!) we are much closer, he can pop over more often. Til now, we have had to have a week's worth of sex in 24 hours. Now maybe we can shag twice on Monday, twice on Thursday and once on Saturday! hehe. Spread it out a little and not get sore backs. :p

First, I hope you feel better. Colds are running rampant this time of year. All bad.

15 minutes away from Ginger? Hello! I do believe that is a winner. Aww. It belonged to her mother? I am such a sap for things like that. That would have been my point of happiness right there. It sounds so cozy, and I have a nice visual. Fireplace, wine (makings of a romantic evening), and gardening? I would have been good with those things. The good news is Miss Pixi does not hate it. She likes it a lot, so that is something you can work with. I might be a really good thing that is is not modernised. That could be a project for everyone to be involved in. Making a house into a home. Now, all you need is the lease. Sending positive vibes your way and something to spark a flame under the agent's bum!

I hope everything works out for Blondie. Focus on getting your energy back, relaxing, signing the lease, and breaking the new home in. A sore back will be worth it when it is all said and done. ;)

Thanks for your well wishes, ladies. Things seem to be all set, AOK, ducks in a row, for our new house! We have received and tweaked the lease, signed it, signed a lead information form (pre 70s house, a legal requirement), and the owner will be signing today! Then we just have to do a little damage inspection walk through and hand over a check, and move in!

Whew, I have had such sustained stress for the past 6 weeks or so. We lost out on like 3 houses before we finally nailed this one down. I am sure my immune system was repressed from all the stress hormones. I never really got a cold... just a tiny bit of congestion, daily fevers, headaches, and then my back went out. So I was down for about a week.

As of yesterday my back felt better. I was at miss p's place for a few days and she took good care of me, made me laugh, made me cum, cooked me delicious foods. She came back with me to Lowell yesterday afternoon and Ginger met us here. He brought me 2 dozen boxes and lots of newspaper and even styrofoam peanuts he'd had stored! Gods bless Ginger! Then of course, he gave me lots of boy sex. Mmmmm.... Now I am purring.

I need my strength to pack and move. My burly 21 year old son is coming to spend the weekend and we will tackle my rather large collection of vintage Pyrex. I've got time though, my lease isnt up til May 5.

Things will be different polywise after the move-- living with my gf full time and being so much closer to Ginger will change our dynamic all around. I am looking forward to it!

Besides house hunting stress, also, my sister and her husband both had surgery. She needed some cancerous cells cut out of her shoulder, walk in surgery, but she had 8 stitches. Her h, he had a stent put in an artery last year that had grown scar tissue, so it needed redone, 3 days before sister's surgery!. Also, miss p's 10 year old dog has been off her feed, and we took her in for a check up and she was diagnosed with "pre-Lyme disease." So she's on antibiotics for that, and meds for her arthritis.

And then, of course, some sicko has to go and bomb the peaceful Boston Marathon. So upset for all those with dead loved ones, and for those that are injured! Miss P and I had appointments down town the day after the bombing and it was kinda scary to be so near the bombing site!

Sigh... no one else is allowed to get sick and no more attacks on anyone anywhere for a while now, please, Universe!

Congrats on the new home. It will be different, but different is good. Change is necessary. Plus, you are closer to Ginger. Awesomeness all around.

I am glad your back is feeling better. You had a lot going on! Plus, I am sending wishes of speedy recoveries to your sister, BIL, and Miss P's dog.

I wish you well with the packing adventures. May will be here before you know it, so do little by little. If you need motivation, the house has to be properly broken in by Ginger and Miss P. Motivation at its best. ;)

The Boston bombings broke my heart. I was so saddened when that came on the telly. What is going on in the universe today? My heart goes out to those families. I cannot fathom how scary it was being that close to where so much destruction had just occurred. What a tragedy on all fronts. :(

Sending good vibes your way. No more sickness is allowed around you.

Luckily miss pixi and I had reasons to come here to my place in Lowell together after spending the weekend and Mon and Tues in Boston. So we weren't on lockdown all day like we would have been, 20 miles away.

They still havent caught the young suspect, but I hear he's in a boat in someone's backyard?! Wish this was over...

Last edited:
OK, an update in the midst of packing...

They caught the younger Tsarnaev brother in a yard in Watertown less than 2 miles from miss p's apartment. Now he's in a Federal facility about 20 miles away from my city.

And in poly updates,

The 29 year old, Blondie... That day we went to Mt Auburn Cem. we had discussed going out for a beer afterward. We are both beer fans, and both used to even brew our own. But he said he feared traffic would be terrible getting back up to NH (it being Easter) so passed on the drink. When we said goodbye after 2 1/2 hours of walking, talking and exploring, he said he had a wonderful time and definitely wanted to do it again. I kissed him on the cheek and he blushed.

So, a few days later, he PMed me to say he'd broken up with his sketchy gf. He was really seeming sad. A few days later I was back in Boston and on the Saturday I asked him if he wanted to go get that beer the next day? There is a pub I love in Allston called the Sunset with 100 beers on tap and hundreds more in bottles. He passed, saying drinking didn't seem like a good idea. I said, well, I didn't mean get drunk, you have to drive back to NH anyway.

But he still turned me down. I was feeling him out though, and he said he, "Woudn't be opposed to hanging out" in the future. "Wouldn't be opposed" wasn't exactly in line with the "Definitely want to do it again" of the previous week... hmmm...

I told him I'd caught the virus mentioned above. The following Friday he messaged me seemingly just to tell me he was going on "a date" the following afternoon with a girl he'd met on okc, how she was a "beer geek" and he was... taking her to the Sunset! The place I'd wanted to go with him and invited him to TWICE! He'd never been there before and used my information to plan a date with someone else.

Grrrr! So I thought for a while what to say. Finally I wrote: "Oh! Wish it was me. Enjoy."

So he writes back, "Will you be in town tomorrow? I am meeting her at 3 and not sure how long we will hang out." In other words... sloppy seconds. An afterthought. Well, I just didn't know what to do. I turned him down, since I was sick, but went ahead and flirted a little, since I was bored. Finally he wrote, "Oh, I think you're hitting on me. hahah"

Well, I left it at that. Boy does not have a clue about dating! He wrote to me to check in after the bombing, I told him we were OK, and I haven't heard from him since.

Kind of jerk-like behavior. I guess he just wanted me as a shoulder to whine on about his gf. :mad: Well, I guess I served a purpose.

Last edited:
And the latest young man I've been PMing with, let's call him BB. He started messaging me, all warm and smart and inquiring about my interests in art and poly.

He's 6'1", lean, dark curly hair, big blue eyes and 21. In fact, looks-wise, quite like my old boytoy D.

He wanted to have a date, talk... I told him I was moving 20 miles further south than the 10 miles apart we already are. Then he acted like he couldnt afford gas that far and so could he just see me ONCE before I moved?

I was a bit put out. I said, but what if there is chemistry and we only have one date? I will be sad. He said, Well sometimes one really good date can be just as romantic as a relationship. You always have the good memory and then can wonder for years about her, what she is doing. But he didnt want to make me sad, it was nice getting to know you, Ms Mags.

Well, that just seemed so sweet, I wrote back saying maybe we could do just one date, but I really couldnt til after my move. I said, we could have one romantic date, if that is a fantasy of his. Since he's been talking about art with me, I suggested, how about meeting at this certain museum that also has lovely outdoor sculpture gardens, walk and talk in the May sunshine, and then a drink afterward?

He wrote back to say his life is too busy and disorganized to have a full day to go to a museum with me! Then he implied all he wanted to do was talk and have sex... Oy.

I wrote back just now, telling him I don't fuck on the first date, and what the heck is he doing that he is too busy to spend half a day with me? I know he only works Fri, Sat and Sunday.

I guess maybe he thought he could just come to my place, talk for an hour and then get to the shagging? Or "making love," to use his term. That's "romantic?" lol I guess for a 21 year old, it is.

Well, he responded, we PMed back and forth a few times last night. It's over before it began. I guess he really doesn't want to be in relationship with a woman 30 miles away. And another one bites the dust.

But strangely, this other young man I used to chat a lot with has gotten back in touch. Let's call him Art. He writes plays and music, and performs, and is now done with college in western Mass and living down in Providence RI, working for a non-profit.

He asked if we could finally get together and I said, sure, after I am settled in the new house, and he was all excited. Now, he is 50 miles south of me, and it doesn't seem to bother him a bit! He is 24 and I guess he's been crushing on me all these years, despite being poly and having had serious relationships, playpartners and FWBs. Or because he's poly! So, we will see where this leads. He's kinky too, I know that for a fact. Definite plus.

SMH @ BB. That might have been a potential headache in the making. "Making love?" Please! Talking for an hour and hitting the sheets is not romantic to me. The 21 year old mind is an interesting thing.

I hope things go well with Art. How cute that he was excited. You have to admire the enthusiasm and the lack of excuses like, "You are too far."

And that Blondie fellow? *blank stare* Ugh. That is jerk behaviour to the max. Who wants sloppy seconds? The nerve. He clearly knows nothing about dating.

I hope the packing and/or moving adventures are going well, and that you are feeling better.

Mags, I wanna hear about your new digs. Last you wrote about it, you signed the lease but the owner hadn't at that point, and you still needed to do an inspection. Everything go well? Did you move yet? How big is it? Are you going to paint and stuff like that? Inquiring minds (and HGTV addicts) wanna know!

Mags, I wanna hear about your new digs. Last you wrote about it, you signed the lease but the owner hadn't at that point, and you still needed to do an inspection. Everything go well? Did you move yet? How big is it? Are you going to paint and stuff like that? Inquiring minds (and HGTV addicts) wanna know!

I've been packing for a week. miss p and I are going to do the home inspection tomorrow at 530pm. I am moving in on Friday!

It's nothing fancy, a 1962 3 bedroom ranch, eat in kitchen, hardwood floor living rm with working fireplace, full bath in the hall, half bath off the master bedroom (original pink tile in there! squee!). Downstairs, the basement is refinished, big family room there, big laundry room, storage room, another half bath, walk out door and sunny windows. OK sized lot backing onto conservation land. No garage, but a driveway, deck off the kitchen and a new shed. :)

It's not all modernized like that other one i wrote about, but it's only 7 miles from Ginger. Close to lots of shopping too. Nice sort of cul de sac neighborhood. Can't wait to be all settled in for the summer!

Back