A Problem...I think

Lucian

I posted a thread some time ago about my desire to have a relationship with another guy alongside my present relationship, which is with a woman and has lasted over 2 years.

I think I have found that guy. The problem is who he is.

He is one of my more distant cousins on my step-father's side.

If you look at it one way he is family, but if you look at it the other it would be no different than the relationship my step-father and mother have, Polyamory aside of course.

I am very attracted to him and I like him a lot in terms of who he is. I have picked up strong indications that he feels the same about me. My gf of 2 years thinks he is attractive and has no problem with me being with him physically.

We still haven't talked frankly about me being in a relationship with him like I am with her, but I will initiate that one soon.

Does this all make sense to you guys? Let me know what you think about it if you will. To be a bit more specific he is my step-father's nephew's son, but is only a couple of years younger than I am.

I don't see a problem with this. Are you concerned about the opinions of other family members or will this be kept on the quiet?

Sounds like you ar in a good place for the most part :)

As long as your stepfather isn't actually your blood relation, who cares? ;)

The step-father is not a blood relation. I thought step fathers couldn't be blood relations...

We will have to keep it quiet if it happens. His dad would go crazy on us all if he ever found out. The rest of the family would have a bad reaction too, but like you said, no one has to know lol.

If he ever wants to be out about it all we can always move out of Alabama.

I can understand the need to be quiet, but otherwise, I'd say go for it. I live near a couple who are cousins and they joke around about it; no one cares. I think it's sweet.

If were not for all the confusion and misunderstanding about sexuality a situation like this would not even raise a question ! Any of the legitimate concerns about reproduction are obviously a non-issue here. Love is love, sexuality can be a wonderful expression of that love, and there seems to be the end of the story.
GS

If were not for all the confusion and misunderstanding about sexuality a situation like this would not even raise a question ! Any of the legitimate concerns about reproduction are obviously a non-issue here. Love is love, sexuality can be a wonderful expression of that love, and there seems to be the end of the story.
Wish there was a "thumbs-up" or something, because I LOVE the conciseness and dead-on-ness of that statement!

Back