my turn?

vixen

ok i have been lurking here for a while and it seems this may be one of the only few places i may be really understood or could get help understanding myself- so here i go...the 28 yr old athiest, former alcoholic, bisexual, mother of 3 (including one with autism) from the middle of nowhere pennsylvania!

if being poly means being able to love more than one person at a time, then i guess i have always been that as well as bisexual. my background is extremely religious, cultaic, and quite dysfunctional (my parents thought i was possesed by demons when i was 13... for example) i was always taught that anything but marriage between a man and woman was wrong and that i was going to hell for having premarital sex, and the world was gonna end on y2k... i was always the one who questioned everything and thought for myself and never fit into that mold...did everything they told me not to! i never even told my dad i was bisexual until he figured out the girl i brought home last year was my girlfriend and not just my friend... luckily my dad has gotten away from the church he raised me in and found his own self...(imagine my surprise when i found out my grandmother was bisexual as well-wish she was still alive!)

i have been in relationships with both sexes at the same time in the past- having feelings for both a the same time has always been just as natural as breathing to me. a lot of people think its about sex, but to me its about loving the individual inside....

ANYWAY, my s/o and i have been together for 5 years- were married for 2 of those but i had a bout with alcoholism and we actually divorced and only got back together right before our son was born (june) he is an amazing person- my life partner for sure- and has always (as any man would) accepted my sexuality as part of who i am...we had always discussed another woman in our relationship- the proverbial "unicorn" i guess, but never found one we both agreed on- til our roomate moved in.... which is a whole other thread....but that's my basic intro! hi!

Welcome to this wonderful group of people. I haven't been part of this group long myself, but I love it here and enjoy reading everyone's thoughts. I hope you find them as friendly and enlightening as I do.

Welcome!

My parents were religious, but more on the order of going to church once or twice a month. When I told them I was an atheist, my mother just said to keep an open mind and ignore the Old Testament. My father said he was a pantheist and not so much Christian. I just remember thinking, "Why did you send me to a church you did not believe in really?"

After my mother dealt with me being atheist and polyamorous, my younger sister had a little easier time coming out bisexual to them. My mother still likes to pretend everything is normal.

Anyway, welcome to the board.

Hello and welcome. I am rooting for you in your healing process from what sounds like a really tough upbringing- I know from my own that even once you discover that what your parents forced on you was wrong, it's still hard not to look at yourself through their eyes. It sounds like you have a great person in your life to take this journey with. I hope you will find your way to a whole new love for yourself through your fearless exploration of the reality of what you have always felt in your heart.

Welcome. I'm new also but there are many wonderful people here.

Welcome!

Back