The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Woohoo!!

Looking forward to hanging out with Derby and other friends and watching RP work her burlesque magic! Life is good :)

Actually really really good.

BrigidsDaughter and I spotted a "Toy and Comic Sale" sign on the side of the road, so we doubled back and popped in. Turns out that my toy geeky-ness might of landed me a small job helping the owner ID the tons of toys he just bought used. Also he might have a complete old Generation One Transformer I've wanted since I was a little boy on hand. If that's so, I'll be in hog heaven.

Other then that, started getting the gaming group back together and otherwise am having a pretty good go at life.

Oh, and we splurged a little and the wife let me buy Space Marine. Amazing game.

I am tired. Yet can`t sleep. My mind is racing. :)
Semi-rough day today, but all is well, that ends well. Everything is packed and ready for me to go away tomorrow evening.
I am up early tomorrow to go to a international event with a couple of girlfriends. Then I jet out of there, to travel the road for a few hours north.
*yawn* I am looking forward to a possibly quiet Sunday night.

Aside from a monster toothache, awesome, my wife is feeling much bettter after her tubal ligation, our gf has been more than supported as of late, I love my favorite women.

Going back and forth between doing good and fighting a headache. I got clunked in the head with a wooden toy car yesterday at work and have a decent bruise on my temple. But I'm spending time with my family today and we're heading to the Irish fest later so I'm crossing my fingers that the headache stays gone.

Going back and forth between doing good and fighting a headache. I got clunked in the head with a wooden toy car yesterday at work and have a decent bruise on my temple. But I'm spending time with my family today and we're heading to the Irish fest later so I'm crossing my fingers that the headache stays gone.

Sounds like a concussion, especially since you still have a head ache, you should really get that checked out and be very careful – this is a “worker’s comp” issue and they are probably required by law to see you get medical attention. Take pictures and document everything.

Feeling much better today. Husband and I have been at odds for the last 2 days. He said something to me during one of our fights and in an email, that had me completely baffled and this morning I had a revelation that has cleared somethings up for me in my head. Have to wait until tomorrow evening to "enlighten" him:rolleyes:.

@ Ariakas:
Awesome! I'm glad you're where you can be appreciated, and I know it's hard to be with people when you feel like crap, but sometimes it's the only way to crawl out of the hole. glad you're feeling better.^.^

Me? I'm ready to throw Facebook out the window. Found out some of my friends haven't been getting my updates...and I haven't been getting some updates as well. Hurt feelings all around because I didn't congratulate someone on their new baby...because the husband thought I blocked him for whatever reason...because I must've been angry and didn't tell them about some event...because I didn't congratulate my oldest daughter for being section leader. *sighs* Why can't people contact directly if they have a problem with me? I still have a phone, or even email if they don't live close enough. Stupid Facebook and mass notifications... I'm going out into that sunshine (with shades to avoid the migraines.) and enjoying it while we still have it! I'm going to watch the kids run around like maniacs, so I can remember what real joy looks like. =^.^=

Sounds like a concussion, especially since you still have a head ache, you should really get that checked out and be very careful – this is a “worker’s comp” issue and they are probably required by law to see you get medical attention. Take pictures and document everything.

I solved the headache by eating, so it was most likely due to low blood sugar. The spot on my head is still very tender, but I'm hard headed. I had to have stitches multiple times as a kid, but no concussion yet *knocks on wood*. However, I did fill out an accident report and have witnesses just in case.

I solved the headache by eating, so it was most likely due to low blood sugar. The spot on my head is still very tender, but I'm hard headed. I had to have stitches multiple times as a kid, but no concussion yet *knocks on wood*. However, I did fill out an accident report and have witnesses just in case.

That's good to hear. Just have those around you keep an eye on you and take it easy for a few days. At least that's what the docts always tell me to do when my kids get their "bell rung":eek:.

Happy, content, owieeeeeeee! *whine, whine, whine*

We went to the fall fair last night with some new friends :). We all had a good time riding rides (me only two since whiplash is NOT my friend), playing games, drinking water & soda and just walking around getting to know each other better and watching what I was hoping would be a really good demolition derby, ended up sucking a lot :( (not enough cars in each class will do that). Ended up with a $21 parking ticket and aches in places that shouldn't ache! Oh yeah, she had her first taste of fudge! lol She loved it!

Silly me didn't wear my tennis shoes with the orthotics or any other pair of shoes I can fit the orthotics into, opting instead for my Birkenstocks. I'm paying for it now though. OW!

Incredibly happy after many hours of carving...finally finished my printblock last night. (posted pic links in the made you smile thread... I just love it when I finish a project! Doesn't matter how many people in my house are grumpy. hee hee *does happy dance*

Something was clogging up the plumbing and forcing the water out the tube that the washing machine drains into. Last night, we needed to plug up that tube with something, and ended up using one of my dildos, which did the job really well. Tonight, we did some things that appear to have solved the problem, but I won't feel confident about it until I clean up and experiment with running water through the pipes tomorrow.

How many do you own, just out of curiosity? :D

I own one other besides this one - that is, any vaguely phallus-shaped object designed to be used for sexual penetration. I do have other objects that I can and do convert into sex toys that are not, strictly speaking, "dildos", as per their intended purpose.

It's pretty cool that you can use other things as dildos, and you can also use a dildo for something besides sex. If anyone ever needs any ideas, just contact me however you can.

The derby drama is stirring again (as it tends to do close to game time). I'm glad I didn't put my name in for the roster this time. I'd rather be doing something I like to do rather than being yelled at on the bence for not being good enough.

The derby drama is stirring again (as it tends to do close to game time). I'm glad I didn't put my name in for the roster this time. I'd rather be doing something I like to do rather than being yelled at on the bence for not being good enough.

Drama sucks. That would suck - I hope we don't get that way :(

How I'm doing... pretty good. Got a new car, got some bills paid. Enjoying exploring where I live while doing hikes and trail walks with my dog. Derby is fun, I'm getting there.. hoping to take and pass my final skillz tests next week.

Have a new friend who's emails I look forward to. Its fun, getting to know someone :)

It's a roller coaster today. The hubby is in a mood because of work, or lack thereof...and he is a total cynic on the dating front right now. I'm trying to be understanding and supportive, but it's difficult being around him when I don't know what's going to set him off. It's cloudy, which would normally make me depressed, but it's helping me with my eyes. The 3 yr. old is, as always, my portable sunshine. Working for my 10 yr old has put me in a better mood...and I'm looking forward to my niece and oldest daughter coming over this weekend. Sort of bf will be back in town soon, hoping he will make it in time for the festivities on Saturday. =^.^=

Back