Finally Free in Wisconsin!

PallyGirl83

Hello all! I am almost 29 Female and finally have set myself free! For a long time I pushed down what I wanted to try and fit in socially and yesterday I let that go to find my own happiness! I am in a V style relationship where I am the hinge. My long term partner of 8 years is a wonderful guy who I dearly love. The new partner is a long time friend who I decided to take the leap with! I can't wait to meet you all and learn from you!

Sounds like you have a great relationship dynamic :D Welcome to the boards :D

Realizing that a crappy double standard and jealousy were holding me back is what made me take the leap. I am really happy now.

Would love to hear more about your path to this point - what was your double-standard and how did you go about overcoming it?

How did your partner react when you told him about this other person? Was it fairly easy or were there long, painful discussions?

Hi Pally Girl,
Welcome to our forum.

Going poly can be quite a liberating experience, especially if you've been taught all your life that monogamy was "The Only Way." I'm glad you've found your freedom, and I'm glad you could join us here!

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Its something that we have discussed before a few time but never really discussed. It didn't happen the way I wanted it to but it happened and we delt with it I guess the best way we could.

Back